ut2004.ziltoid.rocks:9999 - Overflow #2

password: dog

INSTRUCTIONS:

Works with the UT2004 demo or the full version. You can download the demo here:

Unreal Tournament 2004 demo download

After starting the game, press the ~ key, then type: open ut2004.ziltoid.rocks

Press ~ again and enter the password.

Instructions for running the game in widescreen

The HUD will still be stretched, but everything else is fixable.

We'll be playing onslaught mode. I don't have an easy guide explaining how it works, maybe someone can post one in the comments. The short version is try to defend our nodes or attack the enemy's (shown on the minimap). You can use the secondary fire on your link gun (the green one) to heal the node and vehicles. The server will probably be up between now and then if you want to test it out.

Thursday is a Polish holiday where people eat as many donuts as they can.

COMMENTS

You can use the secondary fire on your link gun (the green one) to heal the node and vehicles.

Oh wow. I didn't know that XD

It's always nice to learn some new details about the game that you can utilize

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

Thanks for the tutorials there, they'll come in handy

Btw. nice Dragon TheTron852.

Thanks, although it's better to give thanks to the artist who drew him. I provided the link in my signature

A.K.A. UberCatSR

--------

Something to add to that tutorial: you don't have to build the node with the link gun, that just makes it go faster. It will build itself if it's not under attack.

I joined for a bit. I'd only ever played UT2004 a tiny bit, many years ago, but it didn't agree with me.

So I played for a bit today and was terrible. :D

Unfortunately, my connection isn't really good enough to handle Twitch, let alone Twitch and a game, so I couldn't follow things too well. I do know that there were stunt jump shenanigans and the like, featuring grenade jumping vehicles and so on.

Overall people seemed to be having fun!

It's worth noting that there's a 'Help' tab on the window that pops up when you're in-game, which describes the mode that you're on, and how to play it.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

So! I had fun with this ^^

Although I don't know whether I was good or not (I hope I was)

The Primeval map was particularly intense

A.K.A. UberCatSR

--------

So much fun, and I agree that Primeval was really intense.

Sorry about the server crash, I didn't added Primeval to the server's map list so it crashed when I changed to that map.

It's my first time playing UT2004, let alone mounting a server but it went somewhat fine, sadly I didn't have a clue on how to change the link/node configuration for Torlan.

Maybe next time if Ross wants me to host again UT2004 or any other game, I'll be a bit more prepared :P

Thanks for hosting. Worked fine.

You can change the Link-setup in instand action.. start the map » hit Esc » Map » Link Desinger (on the right next to the big map). Clear links and make the one you want.. but you can't save it cause it is inside the map and changing a map woul cause everybode a filemismatch.. and I think you can't join with the demo than anyway... not sure.

You can also play UT2k4 in 4K or any other resolution.. you just need the hardware and adjust the right values.. for example: System » UT2004.ini » [WinDrv.WindowsClient] WindowedViewportX=1900 WindowedViewportY=1006 FullscreenViewportX=1920 FullscreenViewportY=1080

There are still a bunch of UT2k4 servers out there... sure you need the full version to play on them. Also ONS servers.. for example http://www.ceonss.net .. we are still active and creating and editing maps.. and always searching for some nice and polite newbies or old players who want to came back. :)

And the game is also a kicker on every LAN-party.. there are many mods out there.. also some of them are now a retail game.. like Rocket League which is the same as CarBall.

You can buy the game on steam or here.. sometimes the sell it for 2 €... you maybe have to tell them that you need a key for onlineplaying.

https://de.gamersgate.com/DD-UT2004/unreal-tournament-2004-editors-choice-edition

Thanks for hosting. Worked fine.

You can change the Link-setup in instand action.. start the map » hit Esc » Map » Link Desinger (on the right next to the big map). Clear links and make the one you want.. but you can't save it cause it is inside the map and changing a map woul cause everybode a filemismatch.. and I think you can't join with the demo than anyway... not sure.

So I had to do that while playing and being logged in as an admin? The server was dedicated running on a Linux vps, it wasn't running on my computer.

I couldn't find anything in the config files but tbh, I wasn't even aware about link setups and I had to research a bit while playing with Ross's fans

I wish I could have made it. I was off work by chance, but had to help a long time bud install a new sway bar on his Subaru. There was nothing wrong with the old one, the new one was just better. As 2:00 PM EST came and passed, I looked mournfully into the sun. It hurt.

I'll catch it on AccursedFarmsJunk.

Don't know if you'll see this Ross, but I'd also recommend Marathon 2: Durandal and Marathon Infinity's multiplayer for MP sessions.

I've only played the Xbox port of M2 on local multiplayer and the Windows Aleph One Marathon games via P2P so I'd ask around on the Story Forum if internet games are possible besides LAN.

The games are like Doom meets Halo: you've got Deathmatch Classic and Team, the original Oddball, King of the Hill, Tag which became Halo's Juggernaut, and co-op in the campaign mode. Marathon 1 Classic only supports Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch however, but the M2 source code port of Marathon 1, M1A1 does however.

I hope the Marathon Trilogy and Pathways into Darkness are the next game dungeons. PID could always be kept for Halloween though if you wanted.

I wanted to join, but it clashed with a friend's birthday and I had to go and do social things. The horror!

Glad you guys had fun and I'll probably watch bits of the recording.