Videochat April 2017

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Latest videochat with fans. I rambled more than I meant to, but think I answered the biggest questions people had. More videos coming, though even I'm not sure what's next at this point. Should have more Freeman in May!

COMMENTS

So Freeman's mind 2 is set to continue? Awesome. With the sort of views it was getting it would of been crazy not to continue it.

ᛞᛂᛂᛔ ᛁᚿ ᛏᚼᛂ ᚼᛆᛚᛚᛋ ᚫᚠ ᛑᛆᚡᚿ ᛏᚼᛂ ᛋᚢᚿᚴᛂᚿ ᚫᚿᛂ ᚡᛆᛏᛍᚼᛂᛋ ᛏᚼᛂ ᚡᚫᚱᛚᛑ ᛆᛒᚫᚡᛂ ᛆᚿᛑ ᚡᛆᛁᛏᛋ: ᛔᚱᛆᚤ ᚼᛂ ᛑᚫᛂᛋ ᚿᚫᛏ ᛋᛂᛂ ᚤᚫᚢ:

With the sort of views it was getting it would of been crazy not to continue it.

You are repeating the usual mistake that's common to people who don't know Ross.

For him creating videos that he wants to create is a goal in and of itself. It's not about money.

It doesn't matter that Freeman's Mind gets N percent more views per episode if making this episode requires him strain his sense of humour trying to think of something funny, and leaves him creatively exhausted.

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

I was sad when Gordon didn't say of the tripods "Now things are beginning to make sense."

I like Freemans Mind, but it's the Game Dungeons I stick around for and rewatch. They make me laugh, and they also make me think. I accept that the FM fans are important enough to push the series forward at a faster pace. Quantity has is a quality all its own. Still, I really hope there's a way to not sacrifice too much from the projects that garner genuine enthusiasm and insight.

Just a note - you mentioned Satellite Reign not being able to run at full speed. Its a known issue that the way the devs made the lighting effects it drains a lot of resources. Lowering the graphic settings might help. What's even worse - even the best systems after a prolonged play session start to drop in fps - restarting the game helps a lot. Your computer specs should be ok to run it.

Hey, if you're taking questions for May here, what are your thoughts on nuclear power? We're not doing it well now, but like 3D movies we were doing it better "sixty fucking years ago" than we are today, er, sort of.

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.

Ross, you should probly check out Dark Matter, as it seems pretty close to the style you described for TV shows you like. It's a fairly recent SyFy channel show, but it already has 2 seasons completed.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I like Freemans Mind, but it's the Game Dungeons I stick around for and rewatch. They make me laugh, and they also make me think. I accept that the FM fans are important enough to push the series forward at a faster pace. Quantity has is a quality all its own. Still, I really hope there's a way to not sacrifice too much from the projects that garner genuine enthusiasm and insight.
I fully agree. I was genuinely upset when Ross announced that he is targeting 1-ep-per-mo schedule of releasing FM2. Not only will this delay The Movie EVEN MORE, but it will mean much less GD as well.

Hi Ross,I know you said many times that you won't play witcher 3 until you finish the first two.You said you were still "stuck" on witcher 1 and I agree you should play the first 2 before playing the last one.But if you don't enjoy it maybe you shouldn't finish it and just read up on the story of the first game,honestly the witcher 1 is downright a bad game,it has boring gameplay with repetative combat,story is okay but I would explain it as if it was told by a really bad story teller.The second game is a lot better but not nearly as good as the third game.I really think you are missing out by not playing witcher 3 it is a true masterpiece of a game,never in my life have I played a better game.I never even knew that anyone could make an open world game soo big,with no loading screens and such an insanely good story.I mean even if I told you every day for the next year how amazing the witcher 3 is you would still be surprised when you start playing it.I know,I know this is a very "heartfelt" text of a fan of witcher but I just feel like you will never try it,I am sure it will change you mind about gaming in general and what gaming devs can make.

Just a note - you mentioned Satellite Reign not being able to run at full speed. Its a known issue that the way the devs made the lighting effects it drains a lot of resources. Lowering the graphic settings might help. What's even worse - even the best systems after a prolonged play session start to drop in fps - restarting the game helps a lot. Your computer specs should be ok to run it.
I tried monkeying with the graphics settings, it barely seemed to make a difference. There's a lot of games I'm putting off until I upgrade that I can't hit 60fps at 1440p on. Satellite Reign was mostly holding in the 40s, with occasional small dips down to the low 20s if not the teens. I figured if I plan on upgrading eventually anyway, I may as well put it off for a little bit better chances.

I fully agree. I was genuinely upset when Ross announced that he is targeting 1-ep-per-mo schedule of releasing FM2. Not only will this delay The Movie EVEN MORE, but it will mean much less GD as well.
No, I won't be doing it if it means delaying the movie anymore, it would come mostly at the expense of Game Dungeon. I understand if that's disappointing, but you can see for yourself, we're in the minority.

Hi Ross,I know you said many times that you won't play witcher 3 until you finish the first two.You said you were still "stuck" on witcher 1 and I agree you should play the first 2 before playing the last one.But if you don't enjoy it maybe you shouldn't finish it and just read up on the story of the first game,honestly the witcher 1 is downright a bad game,it has boring gameplay with repetative combat,story is okay but I would explain it as if it was told by a really bad story teller.The second game is a lot better but not nearly as good as the third game.I really think you are missing out by not playing witcher 3 it is a true masterpiece of a game,never in my life have I played a better game.I never even knew that anyone could make an open world game soo big,with no loading screens and such an insanely good story.I mean even if I told you every day for the next year how amazing the witcher 3 is you would still be surprised when you start playing it.I know,I know this is a very "heartfelt" text of a fan of witcher but I just feel like you will never try it,I am sure it will change you mind about gaming in general and what gaming devs can make.
I may just watch a playthrough of Witcher 1, I'll see how I feel about it. As for Witcher 3, I doubt I can even run it at full speed, so I'm not in any hurry to try it out. I think you don't realize how slow my timetable is for getting around to some games. I mean hell, the Darkest of Days game I've been messing with is from 2009. I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually.

I'm happy with whatever videos we get. I've hugely enjoyed Game Dungeon and the intrigue of interesting and eclectic games I've never heard of, but I'm also stoked to see Freeman get to various points in FM2. Hypothetically, if you picked just one of these series to continue with and ditched the other, no matter which it was, I'd still be subbed and watching.

The Movie seems so far away and I'm terrible at thinking long-long term, so for me it doesn't register, but I'm just a selfish consumer and appreciate the fact you have plans and goals. I hope GD and FM don't get pushed back but I'll be sticking around regardless. It's very rare a video comes out that I don't enjoy tbh (I can roughly count 3)

FM2 is a gargantuan task though, so hats off for taking the plunge.

Take your time Ross... We don't need FM2 to be done in under a year or anything, just get the movie done and split your time on things you find fun.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

we're in the minority.

Last time you listened to the majority, we had a RotMG play session...

we're in the minority.

Last time you listened to the majority, we had a RotMG play session...

I agree with you in principle, but they're putting their money where their mouths are. Donations are up significantly. It's ok though. Ross is like pizza. When he's good he's great, and when he's bad...wait, I've never actually seen that happen.

Idea for next April first: Ross's Grub Dungeon: "LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT AUDIBLE, HARRY'S, AND THE GREAT COURSES PLUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111one."

So I can't find the link to where I should ask questions, I've never been to reddit before and I went there looking but didn't find it.