ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: FOLLOW-UP EPISODE #2

Sign in to follow this  

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Here's the next Game Dungeon! It's been over 2 years since the last follow-up episode and all I can say is it was exactly as much work as I thought it would be, if not more. I was originally hoping to do this one with a lot more help, but I ended up getting pushed so far back with the time frame I was aiming for, by the time I was ready to look into that it would have taken longer to do it that way than on my own. This unfortunately is a pattern with many of my videos, but one I'm still optimistic about breaking out of (especially since Freeman's Mind can be produced faster).

I think the follow-up episodes aren't quite as interesting as a regular Game Dungeon, but they're okay as supplemental material. In any event, this one has a surprise in it to spice it up some (and is part of the reason this took as long as it did). As for the future, Freeman's Mind is next, and then a Game Dungeon episode I've been meaning to make for a long time. Besides the bonus video coming, which should hopefully be out sometime tomorrow, expect at least one more this month. Videos!

COMMENTS

Wow, another Windows game that runs on Linux better than on Windows. (The previous one that I've seen was Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine; I've sent you its footage for your Twitch chats but looks like you weren't interested).

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

Best of luck to Chris Cogdon. you've made the pact with the wavy hair Satan :lol:

Hey, where can I find a download for that kick-ass accursed farms fan picture? I can't find it on the site and I'd love to have that as my desktop background

100% is going to be a cut-rate clown

Hey, where can I find a download for that kick-ass accursed farms fan picture? I can't find it on the site and I'd love to have that as my desktop background

Nevermind, I found it, was looking in the wrong place. Here's a link to anyone else's who's kinda stupid like me: accursed farms

100% is going to be a cut-rate clown

Awesome follow up video Ross!! loved it!!

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Hey, where's the link to the outro's credit fanart? I wanna see where's that and probably use it for sometime in the future.

Hey, where's the link to the outro's credit fanart? I wanna see where's that and probably use it for sometime in the future.

Two posts above yours?..

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

I will have the subtitles for this Game Dungeon Follow-up episode out tonight sometime. I wanted it out now, but a couple real-life circumstances prevented it. They're all typed up. I just have to sync them to the video and prettify them. Shouldn't take more than a couple hours after work.

I regret to say that I will not be providing subtitles for the interview with the "Cyril Cyberpunk" programmer Stuart Mackereth, though. The video is just too long and the portion of the interview that exists in this follow-up episode was a chore to get through. If someone else wants to provide subtitles for that (and the Moon Gaming episodes for Cyril Cyberpunk itself), I'd be happy to proofread them and provide them in the Compendium! Thanks and again, I apologize but those subtitles will not be coming from me.

Same goes for anyone that wants to subtitle the video chats or play sessions with fans. I will not be subtitling those for the same reason. If you want to make them, I'd be happy to proofread them and submit them to the Compendium!

This is a blog post.

I think the follow-up episodes aren't quite as interesting as a regular Game Dungeon, but they're okay as supplemental material.

COMMENTS

To be honest the huge gap in time between the previous follow up episode made this one all the more welcome. Plus with the mysterious Shaun Puckett story, the straight from hollywood Leland Yee story, and the lesson on how to illegally trick arcade quarter cabinets into taking smashed up nickels, I'd say it was just as interesting as the regular Game Dungeons.

...also you're still keeping alive the soundtrack end of each GD, for which me and my people are eternally grateful. I will never let that go because our SOULS go into some soundtracks, even if its for a shitty flash game.

Oh hey, I completely missed this. The Helious rabbit hole continues to deepen; I wonder how long it's going to be before someone just straight-up streams it. It could make for a good charity stream, even, like they'll keep playing until they beat it as long as the money keeps coming in.

Also: Woo, Jumpman! There's an obscure old game that could have been worthy of an episode.