Videochat June 2017

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Videochat for June. I keep feeling a little crazy after making these, I think it may have to do with talking to a computer for a length of time. More videos this month!

COMMENTS

I'm surprised you don't interpret Alyx as simply being insane. She grew up during the apocalypse, and her role models were obsessive and neurotic BEFORE their world collapsed. Yes, you're right, she's NOT behaving like a normal person.

“Robots are the only friends I need.” -- Best friend is a robot.

Could be a nice dawning realization for Gordon that she's as "sensible" as he is. You'd have to reinterpret her naivete about the cat I guess. Just a thought.

That's the best way to play Beth's games, with mods.

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

Ross, In response to some of the questions you received in the video making you defend your portrayal of Freeman I would like to say that I really like your perspective on the story of half-life as a subjective view seen by the character of Gordon Freeman. You made him a believable personality that doesn't have an overview of what's going on and that's what made the first freemans mind great to me. It's what made the first playthrough of the game great also. Subsequent playthroughs of any story based game just don't have the same impact because you know too much about it. I totally get that and I think it's the best way to make freemans mind. I just wish you liked making them more. But i will say for a video series that you're really not "that into" making you are doing a fan-freaking-tastically good job of!

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"