FREEMAN'S MIND 2: EPISODE 4

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

More Freeman's Mind! This episode is one where I had one of the scenes in my head since back before I finished the first FM. You'll probably be able to figure out which part.

This episode did come out later than I intended and while I never like getting the videos out later to people, having a slower release pattern for FM2 was one of my "conditions" back when I agreed to resume the series just so it doesn't block out my work on the movie. New Game Dungeon in a few days!

COMMENTS

RIP random guy's alien Vortigaunt slave

Press F to pay respects

Bomb shelter parties are the best parties because bomb shelter parties don't stop. Until everyone's dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?start=78&v=GFXVKLmukhQ

"They're obviously looking for some sort of cult leader of that complex I was in, they must have found him, but I was on the top floor, therefore I'm in charge, so I'll do just fine".

Not sure what the reference is. Is it the apartment block which Gordon walked through when he was heading towards Kleiner's lab?

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

"They're obviously looking for some sort of cult leader of that complex I was in, they must have found him, but I was on the top floor, therefore I'm in charge, so I'll do just fine".

Not sure what the reference is. Is it the apartment block which Gordon walked through when he was heading towards Kleiner's lab?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what he's referring to.

Bomb shelter parties are the best parties because bomb shelter parties don't stop. Until everyone's dead.

Loved this episode. Some of the way things were handled was brilliant.

The thing with the Vortigaunt (very obvious the thing Ross had in mind since HL1) is completely in-character for Gordon, and i'm glad he patched the game to let him do it. I wasn't expecting it for that reason, though, and was completely shocked, which made it even better. :D

This episode went insane.

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

I quite enjoyed how Freeman is starting to notice that things aren't quite normal with regards to the 'police' forces he keeps encountering. The Vortigaunt sequence was also entertaining, especially so because the guy with the Vortigaunt reacted in an appropriate manner. Great stuff!

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I think so, yeah. Also, I love this for foreshadowing reasons because Gordon is a cult leader, inadvertently.

Freeman shoots and kills a Vortigaunt without even knowing they now allied with the humans.

Now, I wonder what's next if he encounters another one....

Freeman, remember what you said in Episode 66.

AAAAAAA Yourself!!!

Freeman shoots and kills a Vortigaunt without even knowing they now allied with the humans.

Now, I wonder what's next if he encounters another one....

Freeman, remember what you said in Episode 66.

Given the 'Additional Mapping' credit at the end of the episode, it was probably custom made.

Hmmm.... ever since episode 1, why are the Vortigaunts using their 2004 model and not the 2007 model?

Ross is currently using the original 2004 HL2 because he feels that it has better (darker) lighting (although I think he mentioned the 2004 one has some issues with the airboat sequence)

It's interesting how the fan base split between "i totally expected that" and "i totally wasn't expecting that". :)

I mean, after his reaction to the vort behind Eli two episodes back this was kind of the only outcome.

Expected the Vort since the first time i read Concerned. It's been so long :(

"]
Hmmm.... ever since episode 1, why are the Vortigaunts using their 2004 model and not the 2007 model?

Ross is currently using the original 2004 HL2 because he feels that it has better (darker) lighting (although I think he mentioned the 2004 one has some issues with the airboat sequence)

I don't think he is using outdated Half-Life 2. There are particles present like blood and fire. Both these effects are from Episode 2.

I'm pretty sure he is using Steampipe Half-Life 2.

AAAAAAA Yourself!!!