That game you hate that everyone else loves.

Sign in to follow this  

So, there's a topic on game(s) you love that no one else does, or something like that, so I thought "Why not have a topic on games you hate that everyone else loves" I also got this thought after watching Doug Walker's (Nostalgia Critic) "Top 10 Movies He Hates But Everyone's Else Loves", and his "Top 10 Movies Doug Likes But Everybody Else Hates". Like with his list, here there needs to be no attacks on other people's opinions, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'll go first:

Team Fortress 2. I don't get why people enjoy this game so much, the most common answer I get is "hats" and that's it, now my question is "What about before the hats?" Then I get no answer what so ever. I've also gotten the answer "Cause it's funny" Well so is the Portal series. Now I like this type of game, I play the Unreal Tournament series a lot. I love VALVE's other games. I've been with VALVE from Half-Life to Portal 2, I'm even patiently waiting for the next Half-Life game. Also when I play (which is very rare) no one is playing their class correctly. Every Sniper is up in your face "snipping" you, every Scout is using the fish, every medic is healing just Heavy AND NO ONE ELSE! O.K. maybe I shouldn't say no one is playing correctly, cause at least Engineer is using his buildings, and Pyro is burninating the spies. Other classes aren't there at all.

The short version: My experiences with TF2 is making it really hard for me to enjoy it.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

minecraft

I played it and enjoyed it until I ran out of things to do other than build

I mean, I can build stuff for weeks and weeks, but I don't understand how it got so popular when there's really only an hour or two of content

BioShock

Minecraft

Portal

Ocarina of Time

Modern Warfare 2

Black Ops

All the Pokemons

The Witcher

wait, were we only supposed to name one?

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

No, but it helps if you explain why you hate the game(s).

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Blops, no explanation need really.

minecraft

I played it and enjoyed it until I ran out of things to do other than build

I mean, I can build stuff for weeks and weeks, but I don't understand how it got so popular when there's really only an hour or two of content

There is a lot more to it, for example the multiplayer is really fun(especially when you have servers with cities, colonies, currencies ect.). Also there is such a big amount of mods and challenge/adventure maps that you can play, those can really get you a lot of playtime.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Call of Duty series. Sure it has a lot of realism and good graphics but I just don't get what is actually good about it. I have more fun with Unreal Tournament.

It has neither IMO. Though that doesn't mean all of the cod games are bad, I really enjoy cod2 and 4.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BioShock

Minecraft

Portal

Ocarina of Time

Modern Warfare 2

Black Ops

All the Pokemons

The Witcher

wait, were we only supposed to name one?

Saying the first Pokemon games are bad is like saying the first Star Wars movies are bad. It just makes no sense. ;D

No, but it helps if you explain why you hate the game(s).

I don't like Minecraft because all you can really do is build and once that gets old there's nothing left to do.

I don't like BioSock since it is just System Shock 2 with nicer graphics and no inventory screen and a lot of false symbolism.

I don't like Portal since it has no replay value once you know what to do, and the cake jokes it spawned are insipid.

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

I don't like Portal since it has no replay value once you know what to do, and the cake jokes it spawned are insipid.

Well, with the advanced maps there is hours of more fun. And the internet is filled with custom maps and mods. And believe me or not, some are very good, like this one http://portalmaps.wecreatestuff.com

Hamburgler, what do you have against zelda: OoT?

Well, I really don't want to start an controversy since I saw I lost almost 7 rep points over last night. But it's more of a personal thing really. I played Majora's Mask first and loved it, the story, gameplay, everything. And Ocarina of Time didn't impress me like Majora did, it's more of a bias thing really.

oh, and the Water Temple.

Call of Duty series. Sure it has a lot of realism and good graphics but I just don't get what is actually good about it. I have more fun with Unreal Tournament.

It has neither IMO. Though that doesn't mean all of the cod games are bad, I really enjoy cod2 and 4.

I can't stand call of duty any more. All the games are essentially the same.

Civilization 5. This game was a miserable failure for me. They ruined the civic system, the combat features they added along with higher road and building cost made me feel like I was in control of an island colony instead of a major empire, and the removal of the worldbuilder made mapping (and cheating :oops: ) more difficult. All over terrible to me.

that's reasonable.

Well, I really don't want to start an controversy since I saw I lost almost 7 rep points over last night. But it's more of a personal thing really. I played Majora's Mask first and loved it, the story, gameplay, everything. And Ocarina of Time didn't impress me like Majora did, it's more of a bias thing really.

Each to their own. I'm not a terribly big fan of Zelda either but I wouldn't exactly say I hate any of the games, except the ones on CD-I.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com