Serious Sam 3 BFE

Well it's technically 4 weapons on the PC version. Besides, Deus Ex: Human Revolution has made FPSes like Serious Sam look like...garbage to me. I mean yes, they're meant to be simple and there for the fun of it. Serious Sam is supposed to be a game where you take big guns and shoot big dudes, and that's the end of it. But for the same price I can buy a game that balances 4 different kinds of gameplay well, with a story about conspiracy and the risk in evolving science at the cost of devolving society. For $50 I can either can buy a game where I can choose to blow shit up or be smarter about things, or buy a game that just does blowing shit up better and not much else.

Now if BFE is going to not be full price...

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

Username, if you take FGB's age into consideration, is that really such a surprise? The kid's earliest game memory is probably Halo.

I have not played halo 1

My earliest gaming memory was spyro.

From there it got more and more violent with games.

When I said "2 weapons really at a time really ?" I was talking about duke nukem forever.

Its not like its just single player. there is a 16 player coop mode. a survival mode. and all the other versus type modes. So it should probably be full price.

Also serious Sam 3 will have melee attacks,new guns and old,new enemies and old, huge bosses and finally aiming down the sights of some weapons.

And when he gets to heaven,

To saint Peter he will tell;

One more soldier reporting, sir.

I've served my time in Hell!

That doesn't change the fact that the shooting is all Serious Sam really does well. Also, iron sights are more of a step down for a game like Serious Sam.

Username, if you take FGB's age into consideration, is that really such a surprise? The kid's earliest game memory is probably Halo.

I have not played halo 1

When I said "2 weapons really at a time really ?" I was talking about duke nukem forever.

Its not like its just single player. there is a 16 player coop mode. a survival mode. and all the other versus type modes. So it should probably be full price.

Also serious Sam 3 will have melee attacks,new guns and old,new enemies and old, huge bosses and finally aiming down the sights of some weapons.

You're still probably one of the youngest members on the forum if your earliest gaming memory is Spyro (mine's Duke Nukem 1 on PC).

And I didn't really mind the 2 weapon mechanic in Duke Nukem Forever. They sort of added a 4 weapon inventory anyway on the PC so I'm not complaining. It adds a bit of realism to the character and makes the game more strategic in a way. It never made sense to me that a character should go around with 10 weapons on his body. it would look ridicilous and impossible. But Duke can probably carry two guns in his backpack or something at a time.

But yeah, anyway, I rarely spend my time nitpicking on a game because of stuff like that, I just play it and take it as a whole experience. And as a whole, Duke Nukem Forever is actually really good if you take into consideration the variety of levels, the inventive fun of fighting as micro-Duke, and using weapons that frankly are completely unique.

I honestly don't get why people love to hate on Duke Nukem Forever. It's not like the 2 weapon thing is unique to that game either. Why wasn't it a problem in Halo or Call of Duty? Why is it such a problem in Duke? The game is still a ton of fun for me.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

And I didn't really mind the 2 weapon mechanic in Duke Nukem Forever. They sort of added a 4 weapon inventory anyway on the PC so I'm not complaining. It adds a bit of realism to the character and makes the game more strategic in a way. It never made sense to me that a character should go around with 10 weapons on his body. it would look ridicilous and impossible. But Duke can probably carry two guns in his backpack or something at a time.

Again Alyxx, Duke Nukem + "Realism" + Bullshit claims of "Strategy" = The reason why they patched in the 4-weapon system so quickly. I may not like the way Serious Sam goes about things, but at least he goes about them in a respectable manner.

My earliest game memory was either Jazz Jackrabbit, Crystal Caves or Tyrain. I can't wait to play Serious Sam: Best Friend Edition!

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

I have not played halo 1

You're still probably one of the youngest members on the forum if your earliest gaming memory is Spyro (mine's Duke Nukem 1 on PC).

Serious Sam is not about realism. Its about fun.

All I'm saying is that the 2-weapon mechanic in Duke Nukem Forever never ruined the fun for me personally and I simply don't understand why everyone picks on it for that. You have easy access to most of the game's weapons and during boss battles you have easy access to both ammunition and powerful weapons. It's never a problem, so why do people make it one? I understand where they are coming from but I just think they are being narrow-minded.

I think you're willing to overlook a lot of the game's flaws simply because it's a Duke Nukem game TBH though Alyxx, I wont make any final decisions about it until I play the game though.

I won't deny that I've always played Duke Nukem games simply because they have Duke Nukem in them, but maybe the issue is that in general I'm not much of a critic. The only game I've really hated is Dreamfall, the sequel to The Longest Journey. Otherwise I pretty much never complain about anything in games.

I base whether a game is good on whether or not I feel compelled to finish it, games like Borderlands, Crysis, Doom and BFBC2 don't seem to give me a reason to carry on. To me DNF just seems like one of those games that I'd never finish TBH.

(mine's Duke Nukem 1 on PC).
My earliest gaming memory was a Rally game on my father's PC.
My earliest game memory was either Jazz Jackrabbit, Crystal Caves or Tyrain.

All these youngsters...

Is there anyone here that remembers the old Apple II's? Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy text-based adventure game FTW!!!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

(mine's Duke Nukem 1 on PC).
My earliest gaming memory was a Rally game on my father's PC.
My earliest game memory was either Jazz Jackrabbit, Crystal Caves or Tyrain.

All these youngsters...

Is there anyone here that remembers the old Apple II's? Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy text-based adventure game FTW!!!

did you say apple II?

Read this. http://blog.danielwellman.com/2008/10/real-life-tron-on-an-apple-iigs.html