FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 16

Sign in to follow this  

Hey Ross,

Sorry to hear about the woes of your workplace, but I'd say that the quality of your work hasn't suffered at all, this episode continues the legacy of Freeman's mind. Pity about them trying to shut down your site. I don't think they have any legal grounds to shut it down but they may try and say that now that you work for them, you can't post any FUTURE creations on your website....to which you could always reply that if that's their attitude there don't have to be any future creations at all, but then you'd be stuck in LA with no job...not a pleasant thought.

Anyway keep at it, I love your episodes, try not to let them get you down!

Hey you cheated! You used notarget! Oh well, it would be kind of hard for Freeman to be commenting on stuff while 3 giant green tentacles are raping him. I gotta say though, this isn't one of your best episodes. You just seemed to have less feeling in your voice than usual.

Also, when you say Kain, are you talking about Kain from the Legacy of Kain series? If so then that is so fucking awesome that my head would almost explode. Legacy of Kain and Half-Life are my two favorite game series.

I also think that your voice did not have that usual feeling

Wow, they are quite demanding arent they. Your shit keeps breaking and you dont have a proper place to record and they expect two more freemans mind? Well you get paid so I guess thats cool. Again I ask (since it fell into obscurity in the last post) if things with machinma dont work out, what will you do?

37.jpg

640x480 WMV (68MB)

Here's the latest episode of Freeman's Mind. This one was even more difficult to create than the last one believe it or not. A long story short, it's primarily been an issue of me not having a computer, yet having a tight deadline, though I should hopefully be getting a new system soon. The recording situation is not any better, but there are plans to get a small recording booth in a few weeks that should hopefully solve that situation.

I'm spending all my free time working on the next Civil Protection episode, though there's still a lot to do. This one is going to be nailbiter for me to see if I can get it done in time, but I'll do everything I can. On top of that, Machinima wants two more Freeman's Mind episodes this month, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that doesn't come at the expense of CP. On that note, I'm weeks behind in replying to email, so I'm not ignoring anyone intentionally, I'm just extremely busy. I will say however, if you're asking me questions that are in the FAQ or ones that could be answered within 5 minutes of searching for the answer on Google, I probably won't send a reply.

In other news, I've been trying to convince Machinima that the existence of this website isn't intended as a threat towards theirs as they've been wanting to remove the URL to it from my videos. So far it gets to stay, and they requested I make a public statement saying there's going to be a discussion with them regarding me having a website link on the videos. I'm still not sure myself what this is going to mean, though one goal I don't plan to compromise on is to at least have some avenue where viewers like you can download higher quality copies of the videos if they wish. Speaking of wish, some users have informed me that four more Freeman's Mind download links have been deleted on Machinima's site, so I'll try and get mirrors up to those as soon as I can.

I don't think anyone is trying to take away Ross' site, but they may require that he no longer puts "accursedfarms.com" at the end of his videos (because machinima.com is paying Ross for them).

Anyways, Great stuff as always. Looking forward to the next episodes of both series.

-SparcMan

Catalyst and others: No they're not talking about taking away the site, they're talking about taking away the URL on the videos, which makes it harder for people to find the homepage. And yes, Kain from Blood Omen.

Mario people: That was actually a conscious effort in my part since that's how Italians pronounce the name even if most of America doesn't.

This series is awesome. I reckon you could make some pretty good movies or T.V. if you had a budget...

By the way, even Mario says Mah-ri-oh!

-In other news, I've been trying to convince Machinima that the existence of this website isn't intended as a threat towards theirs as they've been wanting to remove the URL to it from my videos.-

I dont even go to their site with the ammount of boring videos they post I unsubscribe long ago.

Without this site Id be clueless about CP and FM so dont let them push you around you are one of few ppl that have great videos there

Well, Ross, please tell Machinima.com that if they stop you from allowing high quality download I, for one, will stop watching. For me there is no point getting teased if I can't see the video on a big screen and on equipment I choose.

Whenever I see anything potentially interesting on Machinima.com the first thing I do is check whether the D/L is working. If it doesn't I won't even bother looking at the streaming version. They can just shrug their shoulders but they will have one visitor less for their ads business.

I never knew the guys at Machinima.com were selfish enough to demand videos to come out in a specific time frame. Heck, why do they even get worked up about a link to this site? How can you have to tolerate this stupidity?

Since you first mentioned that you were going to work for them and moving to LA, I've felt a little bit worried as to what's going to happen next.

Well, I guess we could see how this goes. Any thoughts Ross?

What a fun. When I came here just a while ago my thoughts were like that:

First one: "Another episode already? You're crazy!"

Second one: "Huh, Machinima's raping you nicely."

Third one: "Lemme thing of something to comment..."

So... I was wondering now for several minutes wheter or not I should mention some things Machinima did in the not so forgotten past, buut as someone already said, ranting won't do you any good.

Good luck(a lot of it) and can't wait for next Civil Protection episode ; ]

Oh and I propably comment again just on the episode, when I download and watch it!

Nice one...

wait a sec, Machinima wants two FM episodes before the end of the month AND there has to be a CP episode before Halloween (also end of the month)?

And on top of that Machinima is b*tching about this site?

I feel sorry for you...

Do you know that those poor bastards [machinima] don't even have RESUME option enabled on their web server nor they have any mirroring, so downloading videos in russia from them is extreme pain in the ass ?

Besides, WMV is sucks, especially if you are using a Free operating system.

But your good stuff can't be spoiled by this, hopefully

Great series Ross keep up the work. Looking forward to watch other freeman's mind episodes! (Although my download limit is nearly maxed out -_-, well it's worth it.)

Is it too late to make a "Rage Against the Machinima" joke?

Also, Ross, what you're doing is absolutely awesome. I'm glad you have the tenacity to put up with this crap while delivering A results. Kudos, sir.

As a side note, if you ever decided to "sell out" and charge for a DVD of the complete FM, I'd buy it. And I'm notoriously cheap.

Hey Ross

Sorry to hear about the Machinima crap.

I have a feeling that they won't fire you because you are one of their best workers.

I don't watch anything from Machinima except FM and CP.

Good Luck from Macedonia.