FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 17

Sign in to follow this  

Dude, as long as an episode of something per month comes out, I'm good.

Keep up the good work.

All work and no play make Ross something something..

It's a shame that you have targets to meet, and additional pressures on top of this and CP, but if it means anything, you've still turned out a great show, well done. Looking forward to your next video, regardless of which series it belongs to!

I can't help it, but every time you describe your working process at Machinima, it sounds like they are total slavedrivers to me. I guess it's just taking some "getting used to". Sounds tough man, goodluck to ya.

Do what you can, when you can, Ross. =)

Thanks for the new episode!

Ross, I have a question (that couldn't find on google )

How are you going to continue with further CP episodes??? Ryan still lives were you used to right????It will be difficult to do all the audio with a person in the other side of the country...

Take Care,don't stress yourself too much and eat right,brush your teeth everyday!!!

Great episode as always. Thank you so much!

But Machinima.com seems like a blockade to your videos being hosted. Can you go independant now without Machinima.com, now that your series, Freeman's Mind and Civil Protection, are now popular? Or at least release episodes first on sites like Vimeo or on this website, then release it on Machinima.com? This method worked with Smooth Few Film's ( http://smoothfewfilms.com ) and Revision3's shows ( http://revision3.com ), releasing first on their website, then other media outlets.

Ross, good job with this episode of Freeman's Mind. I hope you do continue on through HL2 and the episodes, but I wouldn't hold it against you if you didn't.

Freeman's mind Episode 2 is still MIA. I'll check through them all later.

Loved how you worked in the draft from the door opening into the action. Unless of course that does actually happen in game. I never bothered to try opening the door again after starting the fan. (Mostly cause I'd ran past the zeds and had a large chunk of health lost by knocking my head on one of the fan blades. Still good job, and I hope things'll get better at Work for ya.

Posted by Anonymous at 15:08:41

This guy here again. Just wanted to field a question on if you might rework Freeman's mind for the Black Mesa Source Mod that (last I checked their site) was supposed to be coming out this year or if that's in the realm of nigh' impossible.

Ha, I was wondering how Freeman was going to figure out he should jump into the giant ventilator. I myself just jumped in out of misery, the first time I played Half-Life, after checking everything else, twice.

Your situation with Machinima.com really does sound bad, I hope they will understand this is rather difficult.

On the other hand, your Freeman's Mind episodes do come a lot faster now, but maybe thats just because I have other things to do than checking the site every hour.

Greetings, General Genius

Hey if I were you I would take a breather, your new fm episodes seem kind of rushed and to me your older episodes look more thought out. There's just something missing now. I still love your videos just I would try to get machinima to

Stop expecting so many episodes.

Dude Ross, you're an example of an Internet content creator. I got really disappointed with some other creator because they've gone commercial and dumped their stuff, like SFF did with "The Leet World" and is now making a real poor excuse of a live action series for money, or how Rob Moran(don't know if you know him) dumped his Flash-series to start selling his previous seasons on DVD and saying: "If you buy enough DVDs, I might maybe eventually finish the third season". We live in a world of Internet sell-outs. At least you're staying they way you are and not letting your fans down. Thank you dude. And not overwork yourself. Take a break from time to time^^

To be honest, I wasn't a big fan of this episode. It seemed like you were just grinding through the game just for continuity rather than coming up insane obstacle after obstacle. For much of it you could just have taken out the game, kept the monologue, and it wouldn't change much.

Good luck with CP, don't give up on it even tough Machinima doesn't care about it. Even though I may not be the biggest fan of the series, it is always important to keep doing what you like to do instead of just what your job requires of you, and I hope you don't give up on it. It keeps you in the realm of artistry.

Rushed ?? c'mon the latest episode is a real highlight. I never thought you'd keep the same momentum/jokes up to this point but i'm forever proved otherwise... try talking during the entire course of the game... you have no idea how hard it is to keep things fresh and different in an otherwise..' the-same-ole-scenario's'.. My hat goes off to Mr Scott. I have my fingers crossed for the entire game to be released as a dvd.. would even surpass airplane as more jokes per minute !

well, because you can't make the Halloween Special for Civil Protection in time for it, then maybe a Thanksgiving and a Christmas special. Think about it, eh?

Don't push yourself too hard. We don't want to see episodes that are made for the sake of reaching a deadline. Take a break if you think you're running out of ideas, though I'm not sure Machinima.com would allow that. Personally as a fan, I want quality, and quantity is only a bonus. Take care!

Fuck Machinima, you don't need them!

By the way, why is it that you can't record from home again?

Hey Ross,

Thanks for the new ep, I really needed this - lots of work stress this week, so thank you!

Don't worry about the later CP (I know it weighs on your shoulders) but we'll all appreciate it and just pretend it's Halloween when we watch it

Anyway, thanks again, keep up the good work!

Just went through all the download links on the movie pages.

Machinima must not like Episode Two of Freeman's mind, as all the other videos are available according to their links.

From some/most of the comments it seems like a large number of you do not yet work for a living. "Take a break?" "Fuck Machinima?" Get real guys. Working for money in exchange for your talents is a transactional relationship. If you are lucky enough to find paying work doing something that started off as a hobby then you are pretty lucky.