FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 17

Sign in to follow this  

Ross, you work hard. After the next CP episode, request for a break. You really shouldn't be working 75 hours a week. I love your work just like everyone else, but it's time you just sit back and relax for a few weeks. And by the way, loved the episode.

just love your videos Ross, can't wait for the next CP episode...

keep up the good work

Hmmm... something has been off with recent episodes. Your voice acting and dialogue isn't quite matching up with what's happening in the latest episode. It really seems like Machinima is starting to ask for quantity over quality. I find this unfortunate and would much rather see upcoming videos made with a "slower" feel to them.

Hey just a heads up about your subtitle page (No, not your subtitles themselves) you might want to add right after Finnish subtitles (Suomi). I think it might help people who want the finnish subtitles.

FM FTW!

hey man, sorry about the machinima.com thing. I personally like better CP than FM, and am kindda bummed that it's been so long since a CP episode.

well, you sure are busy as any of us, so I'm glad you can even make any of these shows at all.

greetings frm brazil,

deABREU

A lot of people have denied a contract to Machinima.com for that same reason; CONTROL AND RESTRICTION.lol. Anyway great job on the video and I'm praying that you will have some rest to continue your genius. X3

I know Machinima is a huge thing for you, but it must suck getting ordered around and having to follow their rules. Still love Freeman's Mind and CP. Keep up the good work Ross!

thats alright...i cant wait for the next CP episode i just kno its ganna be great...thou i think they should give a team...then youll have power..hehe

dude you never should have took up that job offer there a bunch of nazis if nazis were funny of course "cough cough"

B14ckM4g1c: While I can't say I have the same drive for FM, CP is something I want to continue for the sake of being able to manifest my ideas, not for the number of views. The animation work does make me kind of crazy though.

Anonymous at 19:05:08: Yeah I think it may be suffering some. I can come up with ideas quick, but only if I'm in a good mood and working 75 hours a week doesn't put you in a good mood.

Matthew sherlock: Well unless someone wants to pay room and board for me, I need some source of income. I can't record at home at my current location as I would make too much noise.

Anonymous at 09:33:53 : It's random how they delete the videos, I still need to fix that link.

Anonymous at 12:33:09: Yeah it's about compromises, but at the same time 75 hours a week is wearing me down. I don't know how long I can sustain that.

Anonymous at 19:42:59: I actually have almost entirely unrestricted creative freedom, but I'm caving in under the time pressure. At this point I might see if I could ask for a salary reduction in exchange for more time to work on the videos.

Ah another great episode! Was checking RSS almost everyday. I love this series Ross keep it up as long as you keep yourself up. About Machinima, they shouldn't make pressure on creators it's wierd they do business that way.

Unique ideas come with time not with working hours everyday. Hope they will fix it and you can feel free as you are doing these series as your hobby.

That was beautiful how you got Freeman to "figure out" the fan riddle Gratz!

Aside of that, it's nice to see Freeman's Mind in widescreen format.

Aaannnd... well, can't wait for next CP. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that you shouldn't overdo yourself. Other people said it already like million of times! And I did it too just a sec ago, oops!

Also, notarget in this episode didn't felt even once intrusive, though it would be cool if you could(if it's even possible...) somehow turn it on and off to keep tentacles on you and make sure you won't die at the same time. Assuming Freeman will stumble upon them again.. I don't know since I couldn't force myself to play original version of the game... the eye-rape!!! And can't right know buy anything trough net, gah. And original H-L not only have so annoying graphics but even controls don't seem to work properly. Oh well... I should get Source version before the end of the year.

Is there anything else I would like to add to this a little long comment? No... just good luck with everything and I agree with B14ckM4g1c, you are a fucking great example of an internet content creator!

Awesome as always! Can't wait next episode.

Great episode. Hope you aren't putting yourself through all this just to end up being paid in stock. Seriously, how does Machinima actually make money?

Ross,your videos are incredible,and it's a real shame that Machinima is busting your balls to crank out Freeman's Mind and abandon Civil Protection. You are one of the finest producers of machinima videos,and I think that you should sit down with your supervisor and/or manager to work out a more convinient schedule for your videos. Great art takes time,and I think that fact needs to be impressed upon Machinima. I think after your next CP, you should take a break for a week or two, if at all possible. Your work is simply too incredible to let decay due to company pressure,and it would be a complete travesty if you abandoned your work. Let Machinima know that without fans,nothing would ever take off,and tell tem that if they keep on cracking the whip,there's a possibility that your quality of work will degrade to the point of loss of fanbase. I'll be a fan until beyond the bitter end,and I'm sure there's a great many more people who share this view. For the sake of your health,fans and most probably sanity,talk with Machinima.

With humblest regards,Steven Ridley (or RiddleAnim on YouTube,Riddle78 on Steam and XBL)

Another awesome episode!

You should feel free to take a break now and then if it gets too much. I mean there's alot of fans out there for both series, no one is going to go 'off' the series if you take an extended break, after all your entitled since you've been chucking out FM ep's quite often now, gotta plan for those breaks!

Keep up the good work!!

Personally I would record at 1280x960 (or by 720 if widescreen), as the minimum resolution, then record that in Lagarith (which is lossless), then convert to x264 in MeGUI (with extremely high quality settings)... Then separately convert the audio (captured as .wav) to MP4 with the NeroAAC encoder in Foobar2000. Mux the video and audio in YAMB into a single .mp4 file... That, or but it in an .mkv with mkvmerge.

Though... I understand why you use WMV.

Just a little tip on the resolution for widescreen. Maybe you ought to consider using 768x432, as that is a pefect 16:9 ratio, whereas 672x384 is not. You could use 672x378 (which is 16:9), but 378 is not divisible by 16.

768x432 is divisible by 16 and is true widescreen at the same time.

Another advantage then is also that you won't have to crop or otherwise mess with the video before encoding it, or having it be the wrong aspect ratio (depending on how you do it)... or to look at it from another perspective; people won't need to change the ratio in their player (which -- everyone -- I hope, is MPC and not VLC...)

Missing downloads:

You mentioned recently that you'd fix the missing downloads as they appeared.

Well, two have appeared.

- Episode 2 gives "file not found" (Nominally hosted @ Machinima)

- Episode 14 refuses to download (Nominally hosted @ Filefront)

Hnhhhmmn......these shows are good. And youre not one them obnoxious machinima pplz either. koobeans. highfives everyone who watched this. *high fives like a fudgedillion ppl*