FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 18

Sign in to follow this  

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

-Serbdude

Bwa ha ha! now he has no choice but to work on FM all day which means more glorious episodes for us and less free time for him! Bwa ha ha!

Ross you rock, don't ever forget that. I hope they aren't pushing you too hard and if so i believe you deserve a break. Another great episode as usual. Hope Machinima gives you enough time to take a break and let you get your creative juices back!

Awesome but you speak to quickly its difficult to understand, but great job.

It's almost 2 years the first FM episode came out.

Hey Ross. Just wanted to say: keep up the good work! Your show gives me something to look forward to every week.

Reddit loves your work.

The resolution you chose (672x384) is more than enough for FM. Remember that increasing the resolution increases the number of pixels (and therefore the optimal bitrate budget) by the power of 2. It is better to keep relatively low resolution with a decent bitrate than increasing the frame size but at inadequate bitrate. The "HD" effect will be far outweighed by the increase in compression artifacts.

As for MPG: MPEG1 is not really suitable as it was designed for VCD at 352x240 or 352x288 and is very inefficient. MPEG2 should only be considered if you plan to release your videos in DVD-compliant format for people to author their own DVDs with. The bitrate will be prohibitive for direct download and you will need to think about using P2P for that. I think it will be a waste of your time as people can very well reencode your WMVs to MPEG2 themselves if they need to (as I do all the time).

Ive stuck every other Monday in my Outlook calender as my FM time, roll on the 16th November!

Encode Freeman's mind at 720p (1280x720). Upload raw file to YouTube HD. HD isn't just about seen extra detail, but clarity. YouTube also allows users to toggle it on and off.

While the file is uploading to YouTube, use WMV9 encoder to re-encode video at 640x360. This resolution is perfect for downloading while keeping the correct ratio and avoiding scaling problems.

I believe these suggestions will give optimal choices to your viewers while satisfying your requirements.

Dear Mr. Scott,

We regret to inform you due to overloading levels of amazing in your videos a Mr. Browning's head has just exploded. In order to fix said problem we request more videos. Thank you for your understanding.

-Mr. Browning

Ah, this day had to come finally... right? I was quite upset just a several minutes ago.. several minutes which flipped my mood 180 degrees. Thank you.

What else? It was really good episode, especially the monkey part. I almost fell from chair. Like always, superb work.

Hey Ross, would you ever consider releasing this on a DVD once you're finished? I think it would be amazing! I'd buy it =P.

Maybe 2 disc bonus edition with CP epsiodes too? lol.

It would also be awesome for you to go all the way through the entire half life series, although i'm not sure when episode 3 is coming out...

As usual, your blood, sweat, and tears are appreciated. Have some toxic human french fries on me.

great episode, the part with the giant spider fortress was great, can't wait for the tunnel!

I love your way to use cheats.It makes FM special...seeing you doing the same we did in HL would be boring...you make it special....

Quality is seriosly going up with this episode

Take Care dear Ross!!!

Nice episode! I've been noticing the quality of these have been going up since episode 16, great work! Also, I heard you say that machinima wanted you to make 3 FM last month (which you did), does that mean it will become the normal production rate?

IM A MONKEY GOD!!!!! You are back in form! First time I have laughed out loud in about 3 episodes. Thanks for the hard work. When you are finished with the series I hope you will sell a single movie length version!

Great job!

Wisdom comes through experience, you'll find the best resolution eventually.

I think you've got it right, using cheats to assume logic. I mean, Freeman's a doctor, he should be able to use logical reasoning.

Keep on keepin on.

Great job on the episode man and also good luck on the next Cp video im sure it will also be good.

"Anóther episode?!", I thought, "he must really be working his arse off!"

Truly, don't overwork yourself, we want you to live on and make lots of great movies.

Brilliant episode, as always.

By the way, I.. dreamt.. about the Tunnel Trailer. Really! I dreamed! That's how genius the trailer alone already is. But in the dream, a poison-headcrab-zombie came out of it, but that would be impossible as they don't run that fast...

As for the resolution/format, everyone should use FFmpeg. Well, that's not going to happen. The resolution itself is good, the first few episodes were more blurry. As for the format, everything would be fine with me, Winamp and the XP Codec Pack together can play anything.

But if you're looking for a good encoder, you might be interested in FFmpeg (http://ffmpeg.org or http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/builds/), it's very fast and supports lots of codecs and formats.

Greetings, GeneralGenius