FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 18

Sign in to follow this  

whats the tunnel? thanks. btw FREEMANS MIND ROCKS XD haha, that whole time i was reading about resolution guess what occured to me. Programmers, who knows what they're doing in there? XD

Another good episode. I thought the monkey sounds were weird, but then Gordon's probably feeling a bit loopy after all he's been through.

-Unemployed Archaeologist

I certainly must agree with you Ross, this episode had an excellent script. I am enjoying seeing Freeman develop as a character, being both delusional and scientific at the same time (Gordon speaking quickly while trying to get down really sold on me). I'm sure everyone appreciates your hard work.

As for resolution and file format, I think that your current preferences are adequate - the file size is small with a decent resolution, and the format works.

All the best,

A1-13

P.S. Wheeeeee!

Hey dude. Good job on your work and I can wait, just don't keep me hanging. LOL I can't wait to see The Tunnel as well.

I can't wait until the second season if you do decide to go into the Half Life 2 episodes. I feel that won't happen for a while yet and I feel confident enough to go purchase the series from the beginning since it has been on the most popular game series in the PC world.

Good work. I can't wait to see more of CP

Hey Ross.Awesome episode!I love the "I am a monkey god!" part,funny.Nice job on this latest episode,i really don't have spacific needs as far as resolution is concirned.Btw,i notice that in FM you refer to monkeys and other animals a lot.Do you like all these animals(Spacifically the monkey),or is it just part of the character dialogue?Keep up the good work.

@Anonymous, #50 (last on page 1):

> i love freeman's mind, the entire genre (is it a genre?)

Definitely. For starters, there are also Shephard's Mind (Opposing Force) and Barney's Mind (Blue Shift), which are not too bad, and someone just started an HL2ep1 series called Felix's Mind (Gordon's twin brother is mistakenly removed from stasis instead of Gordon) which looks promising. Of course, none of it really compares to Ross's work.

> is there any character-mind-speaky videos for portal?

Well, a couple of people are doing Chell's Mind. Of the two I've found, one I really don't recommend. I stopped watching pretty quickly because I couldn't stand it: it seems to actually be some adolescent boy, who of course sounds nothing like a woman, either voice-wise or in speech patterns. The other one would be okay (even though it is voiced by a man) if it weren't captured with the point-a-camera-at-your-TV method.

Finding a new Freeman's Mind episode while browsing always fills me with such joy. As always, great work!

Hey Ross, is there any reason why you arn't using the high-def models? if you are they my mistake, if you did use them maybe a higher resolution might be justified.

Ah yes i think this might have been out for at least a few days (Ive been saving this one to watch)

Ah yes the day has come...

Watching it now

Hey Ross, ever hear tell of the PhD Theoretical Physicist by the name of Curtis Saxton, the main guy who makes up techno jargon for Star Wars?

Ya know...

You could just record in 1280x720 in huffyuv RGB..... then you could downconvert that to a lower res, lower quality later..

For best YouTube quality: Capture in 1280x720 with HuffYUV-RGB, then convert that file with FFV1 in ffdshow.

You can download ffdshowtryouts. FFV1 is included there.

The reason I say capture in HuffYUV first, is because it's faster than FFV1.

YouTube does not accept HuffYUV, but it DOES accept FFV1. Just make sure you use RGB the whole way (so that the same colorspace is maintained all the time).

For YouTube, the end result would be a lossless hi-def widescreen copy of your recording, which YT converts to a "High Quality" version and an HD version.

Hey Ross, is there an estimated day we can expect the tunnel? One week? Two? Any estimate on when would be aweosme.

Good stuff, Ross! Entertaining as always, thanks!

hello Ross, my name is ryan and i really like your episodes, civil protection and freemans mind, i have just recently found out about this website, i hope you intend on making more episodes Mr. Scott, i am of great intrest to your series

OMG I CANT WAIT ANOTHER 2 WEEKS FOR THE NEW ONE!!!!

well now we know why the game is called Half life Because theres alot of radioactive decay going on

I wish you would take a vacation. How can I enjoy these awesome videos if it is killing you to make them?