Q & A Thread

Assembly... It's the only one that will work with any and all computer hardware, and doesn't require software translation to make a functioning binary.

By the way, that included spoken languages as well.

What do you think would happen if we found out that Pluto and Charon are planetary cores, and the asteroid belts are the remnants of the rest of their planetary mass?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I think scientists that study planets (planetologists?) would work consistently to find out what caused most of those planets to deteriorate into asteroids. Some might worry about if what happened to those planets could happen to Earth.

What do you think would happen if Donald Trump was President (and I promise I won't argue)?

I have a feeling he wouldn't last long, he'd be impeached due to incompetence. I don't think people would stand him for long. He's a businessman, not a politician.

How significant is the Pope in relation to Christianity as a whole?

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Well Protestants obviously don't care about the Pope, and I don't think every Catholic does either. To us Protestants (or at least to me) the current pope is just a cool dude who preaches the right thing (usually), although I/we think only one man alone should be representing an entire religion, and for Christianity that is Jesus Christ himself.

Is British food really as bad as everyone says?

Well Protestants obviously don't care about the Pope, and I don't think every Catholic does either.

And yet many non-Christians/Catholics respect the man enough to treat him with a respect they wouldn't even show to their loved ones...

Depends on the dish... On average, yes.

Do you also lament that Tesla's wireless electrical grid wasn't adopted by the mainstream, and is just now barely making inroads as wireless battery chargers?

British versions of international food tend to be very below par the real thing. I would say "FishnChips" are quality, but it's actually from Italian descent...HOWEVER, Albert's in Ardrossan does the best Special Haddock and Chips ever known. You'll swell like a balloon if you eat it regularly, but as a treat it's wonderous!

We also make great sausages in the form of the Cumberland 'Snorker'.

The best option is to buy local produce when in Britain, that's where the real quality lies.

Do you also lament that Tesla's wireless electrical grid wasn't adopted by the mainstream, and is just now barely making inroads as wireless battery chargers?
I don't know much about Telsa, but I saw a futuristic picture once that was captioned "If the Rothschild lineage was replaced by Tesla's." Based on that, I'm gonna yeah, I lament it.

Did you grow up in a place different to your passport's 'Place Of Birth'?

Since I don't have a passport yet, I wouldn't know... Probly, as my town didn't have a maternity ward when I was born. (technically born in a neighboring town, but never raised there)

What would you say/ask if you had 5 totally private minutes to talk to the Pope?

Complete privacy isn't a factor, but i'd ask: "How would you describe the feeling of being at the highest order of the catholic ordinal hierarchy?" and "what are your thoughts on the perceived existence of secret societies like the Illuminati?"

There's a website called Swoopo.com which capitalizes on the escalation of commitment bias by offering a penny auction.

Would you join in the bidding for a $1,500 laptop which starts at $0.01 and for each bid goes increases the sum 1 cent at a time, but each bid you make costs $0.60. Will you have a hard time stopping, or would you go all the way to win the bid?

is the loss more painful than giving up the possibility of a gain?

It would depend on the specs of that $1500 laptop. Many manufacturers don't put $1500 worth of hardware in their $1500 laptops. If it was actually worth that, and not just priced that, and there was a guarantee that I wouldn't spend more than my monthly budget of $5, then yes I'd get it...

What is your absolute worst personal quality? (the one you have, not that you dislike the most, but the one that is the worst for you)

I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶b̶a̶d̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶q̶u̶a̶l̶i̶t̶i̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶f̶e̶c̶t̶.̶ I'm too ethically driven to fully blend into popular society.

Do you like it when it rains?

Not especially. However, it's useful as a punctuation mark between sunny spells.

How long was your longest bus journey?

I believe I was on a coach bus like vehicle for 3 hours on a school trip. :3

Have you ever touched snow before?

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I lived in South Dakota for 13 years... I lived in snow 3 months of every year.

TL;DR: Yes.

Have you ever tried to look up something obviously fictional on the off chance that it might possibly exist somewhere?

If we think it exists, it becomes extant in our collective consciousness.

How long do you want to live?

In my feeble moments, I might think that people can read my thoughts. I like to think I have enough self-control to know when my mouth is talking and mind is thinking.

How many times do you think you almost died?

A good few times, if my footing had been just slightly different to what it had been. You know when trip slightly but regain your balance? I see myself continue on that trajectory, usually down a flight of steps. God knows how badly hurt I could have been, if not breaking my neck. Kinda sobers me up.

Are you interested about Mars?

I dunno. Everyone is so excited about it, man. But it's not like we really have the NEED to be on Mars. It's a funky planet, sure. But people gotta calm down and stop wanting to live on Mars. It'd probably be cool for the first week, then you'd start cursing at the temperature. XD

What was/is your most prized possession?

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Only if it's your treat.

Do you post more with a mobile device like a tablet or smartphone, or desktop/laptop?