Q & A Thread

2D

3D cartoons are generally very poorly made and/or thought out and just not very interesting

Case in point: Jimmy Neutron

Best cartoon on the air? (hiatus counts, canceled shows don't)

the name's riley

Well.... technically Tom and Jerry, and Loony Tunes are still on the air, despite their age. However, I enjoy Loony Tunes more. If that doesn't count, then I think my avatar speaks for itself.

Seeing as pretty much everyone grew up with Power Rangers, which generation did you grew up with?

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Cole Evans Red Lion Ranger from PR Wild Force. I remember thinking that guy has the most badass Wild Zords.

While we're on Power Rangers, Has anyone seen Super Sentai?

Welp, now what?

So long as my 'living expenses' included a top-end gaming computer and low-latency + high-bandwidth internet, sure. Why? is this an offer that has been put forth?

How many albums have you heard all the way through?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

That's like asking how many drinks did you have last year? I've got tens of thousands of songs, and don't listen to the radio. So at least 10!

Whats the strangest album you would share with someone who asked?

That depends on the definition of 'strange' that you use... Probably Pink Floyd's The Wall. (if you listen to it carefully, it's incredibly strange)

You opinion on the movie 'Tucker and Dale vs. Evil'? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1465522/

Having not actually seen it my response to your question is, alas, limited. The description in the imdb link makes it sound like an interesting twist on the horror cliche of setting an annoying youthful cast against a murderous antagonist.

If you could live in any fantasy or sci-fi building, what would you pick and why? Provide pictures of your chosen abode if you like.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I'd choose the combine Citadel. I'm sure we are all aware of what it looks like. I'm a huge fan of combine architecture, and the fact that this bad-ass, 2 km-tall structure houses state-of-the-art combine tech is an unnecessary but appreciated bonus. You can call me Dr. Breen.

If you could instantly bring to life one handheld weapon from fiction, what would you choose and why?

I see everything.

I don't recall exactly what it's called, but it's like the spawning tool from Gmod, but not only spawns stuff, but edits them, and people. It was in a mod I saw a long time ago. Basically godlike powers in a handy little weapon. (it shot unlimited 9mm bullets that were perfect accuracy and instakill, and penetrated as deep as you set them to)

Do you think we'll see neural interface (direct interface between computers and the human brain) augmentations in our lifetimes?

Well there are very sincere attempts at doing that being experimented on right now. BCI research ("brain–computer interface") was in its infancy as far back as the 70's, so I don't find too much of a stretch to envision some sort of substantial cognitively controlled system existing in our lifetime.

Of all the fantasy schools of magic (necromancy, conjuration, illusionism, etc) which is your favourite and why?

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Illusion! I mean come on, my main original creation that I draw over and over is an illusion dragon. :P I love it. Messes with your head. I also like magic tricks, which are considered illusion and shit. (Thought I don't know any magic tricks...)

What's the most played video game in your gaming collection? :D

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Good lord, that's a question..

I'm going to say Grand Theft Auto: Vice City on PS2. It was the first game I played on my first console, which I got for my 11th birthday. I still tend to play it now, at 23, same disc and all. I'd say it's my most played in terms of total collective hours, because I recall playing it endlessly back when I was 11, but not making much progress - just fucking around, not even saving my game afterward. Man, thinking about it, I must have been pretty obsessed with that one. Not sure I want to know how many hours I've actually sunk into it...

Let's repeat that question :)

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR