Q & A Thread

Anticipation. I've only got three days left at work until I'm on seventeen whole days worth of paid holiday leave (sans my usual days off, obviously)

What, in you opinion, is the worst looking building you've ever seen?

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Hmm, this is where I realise I may not know very many buildings, so I'm gonna answer this but also make it availble for other people along with my question.

But eh, What comes to mind for me is one of the London buildings. I'd say, The Shard. Looking at it, among the rest of London's city architecture, makes me think of the City 17 Citadel. Gotta have that dystopian future eh?

What's the oldest building in your local area?

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

^ England already is a futuristic dystopia. And I'm allowed to say that because I'm from there! ;p

The oldest building of any substantial standard in Tamworth is our castle. Tamworth Castle can trace it's origins to Mercian lineage of royalty and since Anglo-Saxon times was the site of a defensive proto-castle burh. The more recognizable castle-like structures came about after the Norman conquest of England, and extensively rebuilt and regenerated by the aristocratic Marmion family and various notable tenants since the 12th century. That being said Tamworth has a lot of estates that were originally the sites of much older hamlets and villages.

Tamworth_Castle_343714.jpg

Whats the strangest event in your home town/cities history to have ever occurred?

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

A train carrying explosives and toxic chemicals derailed and exploded, causing a major evacuation. Thankfully, no deaths, major injuries or property damage occurred.

What would you do with a metal detector?

I see everything.

Detect metal

simpsons-metal.jpg

Abe: That's my brass knee! Steel hip! That one's news to me!

How did you discover Freeman's Mind?

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I originally saw CyhAnide's attempt at Chell's Mind, I think in 2011. Through some digging I found that it was based off 'Freeman's Mind'. At the time, I hadn't played the original Half-Life, so I didn't delve into it.

Afterwards of course, I eventually found the series and started watching, originally on Machinima's YT channel. I can't remember how I found Ross's channel (then called 'chilledsanity'), but naturally I moved over to there, and I guess the rest is history, ya kna?

Have you changed anything (diet, routine, etc) since the new year?

I don't know what those are, so I'll pretend you said herpes simplex and morphine.

I'll have you know, they are not the same things. It's like comparing pineapples to an anti mass spectrometer..

What's the last meal you ate?

12pm is the goal. But sometimes Vappy distracts me and I go to sleep at 2am. :P Tsk tsk.

If you could instantly master piloting of a certain vehicle, what would that vehicle be?

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I'd master piloting a small, personal VTOL aircraft so that I could pretty much travel about as I please (besides, of course, the issue of fuel). And this craft would be light too, so landing on the flat roof of any building would be completely possible.

If you could instantly master the use of one simple (Think hammers, knives, scythes, etc., not firearms or chainsaws) handheld tool or weapon, what would it be and why?

I see everything.

Sword/katana, cause if a (zombie) apocalypse happens, I'll be ready.

What time do you usually wake up?

Cats, more comfortable around them.

If you could have any pet, what would you have?

Changing question, cause I found a better one on the internet:

Screen-Shot-2016-02-02-at-5.31.19-PM.jpg

I'd like to think I'd have the foresight to select the C option, but in all honesty I doubt I'd have the presence of mind that early in the morning so I'll go with A.

What imaginary genre/sub-genre of music ought to exist, in your opinion?

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Nu-Baroque Industrial Donk-Step Crab-Jazz-core.

Brutal, catchy, complex Concerto Grossos, man ;)

Are you into spicy food? Where do you stand on the jalepeno?

I do enjoy spicy food, but only to a certain degree (< joke intended :3) So long as it isn't going to cause my face to bleed, I'll try most things. I do like Jalapeno's, especially when pickled.

(I'm inordinately pleased you know what Donk music is x3)

Which country has the leastt interesting flag in the world?

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

A tie between Bulgaria, Indonesia, Monaco, Poland, and Ukraine. Two colors in straight bars, there's no way that can truly have a story behind it besides "I like these colors, make them a flag".

How often do you use an RSS feed, and what plugin/app/program do you use to view them?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

tbh, i don't think i've ever used an RSS feed. I get most of my subscriptions through e-mail, or dedicated app.

Do you like to climb trees?

Only when I'm playing Black Flag

What actor/actress would you love to be in a relationship with?