Q & A Thread

Well, my current phone is the Nexus 5, which is Google's own little creation (all hail Google). :D Runs off Android, built like a brick... made by LG, powered by Android. It's really REALLY nice. If I lose it or it breaks, I'm just going to get another Nexus phone. XD I like it because:

1. Unlike Samsung, it doesn't come with any bullshit app that you can't uninstall. Every app on here can be replaced by something, if you wish, which is amazing.

2. It's pretty, smooth, built like a brick.

3. So much creative control!! :D I can do whatever I want with this baby, mainly because of Android.

4. It's Google, man. Everyone loves Google. XP

5. Makes syncing between my Google Drive and Docs very very easy.

6. Developer Mode. So if something is broken inside the software, you can fix it yourself. XD Which I do.

What I DON'T like about it?

1. It's a brick. XD If something is faulty, it's hard to replace. A few months ago, the vibrator would cut in and out all the time. Somehow it fixed itself. But until then, I had to fumble around with the outside of it to lock the vibrator back into place so it would work again.

2. It's not a popular phone. I have not found one single case made for this device... I don't even know if cases for this phone exist. >.> I would have gotten one years ago, but... can't find any. That's alright. I don't drop my phone a whole lot so, it doesn't even matter that much. :P It looks sexy without one anyway.

ANYWAY, rambling over! XD

I like this question, so I'm stealing it. XP I don't think I even answered it properly but whatever. :P

What's your mobile phone brand of choice and why/What's your mobile phone device of choice?

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

My favourite phone:

sony-ericsson-elm-mobile-phone.jpg

:-)

It has buttons, it makes calls and I can play your music on it - what else do I need in a phone? :D

I feel like this question can be safely passed down again...

What's your mobile phone brand of choice and why/What's your mobile phone device of choice?

Regards

Currently ASUS is my brand of choice... They're doing really cool stuff with mid-priced phones, but putting really cool things into them. (like the Zenfone 2 Zoom with its 3x optical zoom [not just digital like EVERY other phone out there] on a 16MP sensor, all for under $350USD)

Passing on the question yet again.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

P.F. Changs

Why is BTG refusing to play the game(s) properly/right?

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Because it's 100% within the rules of the game to ask the same question asked previously.

So...

What is the longest time you've spent asleep consecutively?

Funnily enough, a PS2. It remains the only console I've ever owned (though technically I currently own three of them)

What are the advantages of the Xbox series controllers over the Playstation series controllers?

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Ergonomics, response time, (that was corrected with the PS3 and later consoles) and overall durability. (average lifespan of XBOX series controllers is nearly double the Playstation series when subjected to the same amount of abuse)

Note: This is only the positives, as requested... If you want the full comparison, simply ask me.

Have you tried Star Trek Online yet?

I'm afraid not. Largely because I'm not a fan of MMORPG's, though I happen to be an unapologetic trekkie. I kind of wish there was a Skyrim style open world (would open sector be more appropriate?) adventure RPG set in the Star Trek universe, in which you didn't necessarily have to belong to any of the franchises major factions and empires. As cool as the customizable alien race option for STO is, it's not as if the series is short of humanoid alien species that could easily be available as a player race, most having only minor cosmetic differences.

If you were to found and lead a new nation based on a particular game's principles, characteristics and just plain ol' content, what game would you pick to inspire your country's direction?

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

SPAZ 2. (Space Pirates And Zombies 2) Everyone that isn't a zombie is a pirate... You can do anything.

What was the best day of your life?

I think it was the first time I ever went to an art gallery by myself, which wasn't a family trip or whatever. I recall it being a Martin Boyce exhibition at the IKON Gallery in Birmingham. It had something to do with that feeling of genuine independence and suddenly knowing what I wanted to with my life, at least in terms of my free time. It probably sounds trivial to some people but it was a real confidence boost for me. Being from a working class background you are assumed by many (expected in some quarters) to be ignorant of higher minded pursuits and in need of guidance when brought into contact with something like modern art. For me it was affirmation that I needn't feel too base to enter into the hallowed "white cube" of art, and that in fact I could understand and interpret what I was looking at, a great big middle-finger to sneering haughtiness that is especially prevalent in some of the smaller London galleries.

Which song by your favourite band or musician do you like the least?

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Unfortunately that question requires me to have just one favorite... There are so many, and they vary in rank so much... How about any except for Decadence from the Ten Thousand Fists album by Disturbed... About as close as I can get.

What is your favorite meal that you cook yourself?

A basic curry recipe I found online. It's a good base for me try out various things in the curry style. Nothing special, but tastes deeeece'.

This question is lifted from the April videochat thread, asked by Nz17. I think it's a good question to ask the members too:

You're the king of Valve. What are your orders?

Improve customer support. Finish the big 3's. (Half Life 3, Left 4 Dead 3, Portal 3) Add video chat, and conferencing. Find a way to replace TeamSpeak with something that doesn't inexplicably lag my internet connections.

You have found your way into the basement of EA's corporate offices, with a large supply of explosives/viruses/dead content in the room with you... What do you do with the opportunity?

"Revive all the games you killed, and give us back Maxis, make a Spore 2, a better Sims 4, and I won't blow your shit up!"

If we had the technology to go to another planet, and survive, and it didn't take hundreds of years to just get to that planet, which planet would you go to?

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Whichever one would be the most difficult to get to, the hardest to industrialize, and has the most vegetation. (and hopefully some wildlife that would make things interesting, like tribbles and t-rexes or something)

Similar question... Same situation, which planet and why?

I would be tempted to build a gigantic station with all the latest and most reliable life support systems on a planet with utterly bizarre and inhospitable climate and chemical composition. Maybe a world of burning black and violet ice, liquid magnesium oceans that emit metallic bubbles, eastern and western poles whose magnetic field rotates slowly and periodically each day, that's constantly bombarded by lightning that immediately turns into enormous glass structures upon striking the world's surface, and yet is somehow teeming with utterly alien life forms unlike anything on earth, or some combination or variant thereof. I'd be safe in my isolation fortress and probably wouldn't have to put up with relatives popping over.

Next question: What non-existent subgenre of metal ought to exist and why?

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I would be tempted to build a gigantic station with all the latest and most reliable life support systems on a planet with utterly bizarre and inhospitable climate and chemical composition. Maybe a world of burning black and violet ice, liquid magnesium oceans that emit metallic bubbles, eastern and western poles whose magnetic field rotates slowly and periodically each day, that's constantly bombarded by lightning that immediately turns into enormous glass structures upon striking the world's surface, and yet is somehow teeming with utterly alien life forms unlike anything on earth, or some combination or variant thereof. I'd be safe in my isolation fortress and probably wouldn't have to put up with relatives popping over.
That sounds like it came out of a Douglas Adams novel. +10

Next question: What non-existent subgenre of metal ought to exist and why?

Morse. There are no vocals, but there are lyrics. The music is entirely based around the Morse Code translation of the lyrics.

I wouldn't be surprised if this already existed though.

----

Do you own any live sound equipment? (Loudspeakers, amplifiers, mixers, microphones etc)