FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 38

Sign in to follow this  

Alright, you can view it on Machinima's channel here

Lets discuss until it comes out of it's private mode purgatory and Ross does an official post.

I really enjoyed the level design criticism in this one. That level was weird and confusing as hell when I first played it.

Just finished my second viewing. Pretty damn good.

"I hear fire, but I don't see fire....it must be Space Fire." is now one of my new favorite phrases.

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."

After all the "Oh, it's private! STOP! lol jk you can watch it. No , really, it's private. Okay, NOW you can watch it." crap youtube pulled, I think EVERYTHING is going crazier.

Anyway, awesome episode once it worked. How far is "Questionable Ethics" from here?

EDIT: "Okay, you've seen it once. Now it's private again. Fuck off."

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

They all got crushed or blown up on the conveyor belts.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

For some reason it works for viewing it from their channel page, but not from viewing the video directly, because it's private...that seems a little exploitable...

Anyway, not a bad episode, I remember that area being pretty confusing in layout as well. Looking forward to the next. :D

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

that was a very good episode :D

i mean, i did exactelly the same thing ross did when i played the game: on the conveyor belt, out of the conveyor belt, back on the conveyor, throught the fire, conveyor again...

i might have taken a few more tries than him though XD

Well hey, at least he used the revolver again. I mean it's still the least used weapon in the series so far (save the tripmines) but it's nice to see it being used. So, it's not a total waste. Though that makes me wonder, did he REALLY run out of pistol ammo? I don't think that was the real 'running out of ammo' sound. Maybe he pretended to just to appease us. I don't mind that. I like being appeased.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Did anyone else notice the video artifact at 09:09, on the right side of the conveyor?

Unless it was the type of particle bat that's likely to disrupt the space-time continuum while being subjected to the observer effect, it is likely to be an ordinary encoding glitch.

Well hey, at least he used the revolver again. I mean it's still the least used weapon in the series so far (save the tripmines) but it's nice to see it being used. So, it's not a total waste. Though that makes me wonder, did he REALLY run out of pistol ammo? I don't think that was the real 'running out of ammo' sound. Maybe he pretended to just to appease us. I don't mind that. I like being appeased.
Yes, I really was running out of ammo, but when you do so normally, the game will automatically put away your weapon, so I cheated to give myself one bullet and the dryfire sound was added later.

The MKV copy is up, sorry it took so long to get it out. It took me a while to research x264 encoding and I ran a ton of tests before I had some confidence with releasing public copies of it. I'm STILL figuring out settings I want to use for archive quality, but I'll probably stick with these for public releases.