FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 38

Does anyone have a transcript of what he says when he is describing the aliens? I can't hear a couple of the words due to Freeman's heavy breathing.

Does anyone have a transcript of what he says when he is describing the aliens? I can't hear a couple of the words due to Freeman's heavy breathing.

Something like this:

"It depends on the gravity and atmosphere obviously, but if it's like ours, all you need is all the organs in a core, with many muscular appendages with hand like grippers on the ends.

If the inner ear was developed, this would allow for extremely good mobility and a natural advantage over us for tool use.

So it would look like a jointed octopus rotated on an axis or two, with hands."

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

[attachment=0]FM alien.png[/attachment]

Here's one I made quickly in paint. It is holding Gordon Freeman and an HECU marine. Gordon is holding a crowbar and the marine shot the alien and it's bleeding (green). I may add more later (background and details, neaten it up and whatnot), especially if people like it.

old school! nice detail on Freeman and soldier

Thanks!

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

I've done a sketch of the face as I interpreted the description, I haven't done the body though because I still can't quite imagine what Ross is describing.

[attachment=0]Sketch_Face1.jpg[/attachment]

I wish I could afford some proper art supplies, my wrist gets so sore using my crappy 3cm HB pencil >_<

I'm pretty sure it has tentacles, possibly with lots of bones/joints instead of just being muscle, and the tentacles have some sort of hand on them. Not sure what "rotated on an axis or two" is. Right now yours may not look like Freeman's alien, but that's some damn good drawing! I look forward to seeing the rest of it!

Not sure what "rotated on an axis or two" is.

It's turning it so the bottom becomes the side/front/back, or the top.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Oh, okay. Now I'm thinking I should add more arms on the top and sides. Although as-is it could still stand upright or upside-down...

EDIT to avoid double-post:

Didn't change the alien, but I made the background gray/concrete and added:

-Black Mesa logo

-Dead scientist

-Broken tram rails

-The G-man

[attachment=0]FM alien Background.png[/attachment]

I posted the subtitles for this episode over in the Subtitles/English section. You can read the exact words there.

Oh, okay. Now I'm thinking I should add more arms on the top and sides. Although as-is it could still stand upright or upside-down...

-Black Mesa logo

-Dead scientist

-Broken tram rails

-The G-man

Don't know why The G-Man would be standing THERE but, eh. XD Picture looks better than what I would've made.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

-Black Mesa logo

-Dead scientist

-Broken tram rails

-The G-man

Ok, I made a few drawings (click to enlarge). Be gentle.

TRIPOD

th_Tripod.jpg

This is a rather large alien, originally from a planet with lower gravity than ours (hence the size). It is primarily a herbivore and has lots of small mouths on the sole of it's feet (so when it walks, it can eat the luscious plant life). As you can see, the body is shaped like a saucer, with lots of eyes on the rim, which allow for 360° vision, and lots of prehensile appendages for defense and miscellaneous purposes.

ORB

th_Orb.jpg

This alien is very similar to the one HLPrincess envisioned. It has a spherical body, with several mouths and eyes placed seemingly at random, and a couple of dozen arms (about two meters long when fully extended), which combined with a superior gyroscopic sense, allow for incredible agility and speed (the creature basically moves by rolling on it's arms). All of these characteristics make these beings great predators in their native world.

HEXAPOD

th_Hexapod.jpg?t=1314042010

These aliens are also predators. They consist basically of a two meter long flattened cylindrical body, with six double jointed muscular arms. The "face" has a vertical mouth with an eye on either side, is located on one end of the body and can be covered by skin folds located on the top and bottom for protection (the cloacal opening is on the other end). Their homeworld has a stronger gravity pull than ours, so all animal life tends to be rather flat.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Cool drawings. The middle on made me realize that what Freeman described could essentially be interpreted as biological versions of MGS4's dwarf-gekkos.

Dwarf-Gekkos.JPG

I'm pretty sure it has tentacles, possibly with lots of bones/joints instead of just being muscle, and the tentacles have some sort of hand on them. Not sure what "rotated on an axis or two" is. Right now yours may not look like Freeman's alien, but that's some damn good drawing! I look forward to seeing the rest of it!

Yeah, I just assumed that since it had joints it would also have a skeleton so I decided to make it sort of like a squid centaur, I don't know what the tentacles would be used for on land though... Unless it's amphibian or sea dwelling. I'll do another version tonight.

Thank you Ross

I pray Freeman's Mind comes back to pre-memory loss in Questionable Ethics

he's going to need it

Ehm. He already remembered (in the last episode, at 5:10 he says "Wait, I've seen these things before. Oh shit! I remember now. These are aliens. Of course. I remember everything").

yea, but what followed wasn't exactly accurate lol. i don't think he mentioned anything about remembering he was an enemy of the military..in which case he better figure it the fuck out soon. :?