Games you got recently

Left 4 Dead 2 from steam sale.

i just love the game, though only disturbing element is that "zombies" arent zombies in conventional meaning, but just sick alive people

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

He's probly thinking of the old and very limited description of "undead". Unfortunately most people think that it started as them being "undead", but in reality it was a theory about an illness before that...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Got the Duke Nukem Platformer Pack on Steam for 9,99€.

You sir are the coolest person I know. :thumbup:

Sir? Shouldn't it be madame or ma'am if you wanna be 'Murican about it?

Oh hey, I was pretty sure you weren't. You know. Whatevs, it's cool. I like you. :lol:

Just torrented Terraria. Very fun for a 2D-RPG version of Minecraft.

And what's the proper definion of a zombie?

As Bullseye said

Yeah, im old fashioned in that respect, that i feel uncomfortable shooting (ingame of course) zombies that arent actually zombies, but living sick people, who could be- given the correct treatment -cured, despite cure not known yet, as it is in L4D universe

tho i just think them as normal zombies, otherwise its just bit too creepy for me D:

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Well, it was originally a curse on living people that made them do whatever their master wanted... Back before they were portrayed as the "undead"...

Anyways, on topic... I got my card in the mail finally! Just bought Ace of Spades, Penny Arcade's On the Rain Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 & 4, and got the StarForge Founder's Club package. I love Steam.

this may sound like a silly question, but... what do cards in steam do?

They do nothing at all... I was going to throw them away...

[EDIT] I just added a few games to my Steam library again... Evochron Mercenary, the Just Cause complete pack, FTL, Terraria, and Universe Sandbox.

Just got the Humble Weekly Bundle... Spiderweb Software games are awesome. They got the first $75 from my first paycheck ever... (way back in '05)

i couldnt resist and i bought Max Payne 3 from steam sale

2 reasons why (point 1 may contain spoilers for over 10 year old games):

1- i always liked Max Payne series. i mean, cop gone undercover to hunt down killers of his family, then framed for murder of coworker, Nordic mythology references, dark humor and storyline- i think this was first game i played with such storyline- i.e no glorious moments, just dark pit, then even deeper dark pit, crawl out of that and you end up on even deeper pit. and even endings werent like where you could actually consider Max to be a winner. oh and bullettime. i heard they decided to go with Mona being dead ending on Max Payne 3 though... shame... but, i guess it was quite realistic storyline for its time.

oh, speaking of Max Payne 2, i really liked its buildup, especially how they decided to continue on story- from seemingly small shootout it suddenly became large scale crime operation and Max... Max discovers that never trust a russian mob leader...

2- i heard that Max Payne 3 has lot better replay value. i sure hope thats true, because in Max Payne 1 and 2, only place that annoyed me to hell was replay value- close to 0. after 2 times, you already knew exactly where, when and how many enemies are coming, what weapons they were carrying, where to get ammo, basically everything. only way to alter the game even a bit was to run over trigger point and then escape like hell angels would be after you. i mean seriously- even puzzle games have better replay value than this

I bought Dishonored for 10 bucks. if it sucks i'll probably cry or something.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Got Portal 2, The Witcher series, and Fallout New Vegas... Damn you Steam sale, you're making me spend all my money on things I want for a lower price then I was willing to pay!

Dishonored. What a colossal fuck-up of narrative and pacing this game is turning out to be.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

and Assassin's creed brotherhood- despite not my favourite in series, its still great