Games you got recently

The only game in that bundle I've played is VVVVVV.

VVVVVV isn't in it. I think that was in one of the older humble bundles.

Saw some gameplay of that Old Republic game. Graphically, I'd say it's hovering around the level of 2006 console games.

Anyway, I got Splinter Cell Conviction for 5 bucks.

lol, Dead Space 2 is 5 bucks now. Seriously, buy it!

Saw some gameplay of that Old Republic game. Graphically, I'd say it's hovering around the level of 2006 console games.

Anyway, I got Splinter Cell Conviction for 5 bucks.

lol, Dead Space 2 is 5 bucks now. Seriously, buy it!

Yeah but you got to remember it's a MMO, you're not going to get photo realistic graphics. I think one of the devs for that game actually said in an interview that they chose the art style deliberately.

COURIER'S MIND: RISE OF NEW VEGAS

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2181

http://www.youtube.com/user/101Phase?feature=mhee

SEASON 5 WILL AIR IN SUMMER 2013!

Yeah but you got to remember it's a MMO, you're not going to get photo realistic graphics.

There's no truth to that. You could easily make an MMO with graphics on level with any other game. They could make a Crysis MMO if they felt like it. There's nothing about an MMO that's inherently more demanding to graphics tech.

Anyway, I bought two games at Gamestop today. Batman Arkham City, and LA Noire. The copy of LA Noire was pre-owned, but I found a preorder bonus code inside, and low and behold, it worked. Free DLC.

Yeah but you got to remember it's a MMO, you're not going to get photo realistic graphics.

There's no truth to that. You could easily make an MMO with graphics on level with any other game. They could make a Crysis MMO if they felt like it. There's nothing about an MMO that's inherently more demanding to graphics tech.

Anyway, I bought two games at Gamestop today. Batman Arkham City, and LA Noire. The copy of LA Noire was pre-owned, but I found a preorder bonus code inside, and low and behold, it worked. Free DLC.

Yes, you could, the problem is that the amount of data you'd have to synchronize between users would be exponentionally higher, and you'd also be limiting the userbase due to higher system requirements as well.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Yes, you could, the problem is that the amount of data you'd have to synchronize between users would be exponentionally higher, and you'd also be limiting the userbase due to higher system requirements as well.

Nope. The only data that needs synchronization is very basic information about player position, actions, and relevant info delivered to the player. Graphics themselves are for all intents and purposes completely separate from game information.

Take TF2 for example. The only data shared to users from the server is basic data regarding position, rotation, and anything directly asked for by the player's running game. Things like lighting and ragdolls are computed completely separately from the server.

The second part about limiting the userbase is certainly true. I was mostly arguing against any technical barrier.

Another thing might be that usually the better the Graphics engine the more bugs/problems. And now imagine trying to fix said bugs in an MMO(which are usually BIG).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Another thing might be that usually the better the Graphics engine the more bugs/problems. And now imagine trying to fix said bugs in an MMO(which are usually BIG).

Bugs and glitches are logic programming issues 99% of the time. Logic programming is also quite separate from graphical quality. Making a really big game with any quality graphics will lead to inevitable logic programming fallacies. Game graphics boil down to meshes being controlled by code. How those meshes are textured/shaded rarely affects how a game's logic is programmed.