Reckoning

Sign in to follow this  

Ok I understand leaving Machinima. And I'm glad you'll be taking more time with you're videos. But why move back to Virginia? Just curious...

Ah... Well, your own decisions should always be the right one. If you feel they're right, they are.

Being a fan of all your videos, this is no problem for me. I like the picture as well. Wasn't too wordy for me, but it does strain my eyes as bit. Probrably need glasses.

Considering you're doing this with games, you're a very very good director, voice actor and just about everything else when it comes to film-making.

So, you were the Doom guy and now you wanna be the guy from Deus Ex.

The text in the picture was TL;DR.

I'm so sad to hear that if you were to stop producing one of your machinimas, it would be Freeman's Mind. I sincerely think that this show is by far the best thing you are producing. It seems not to be very complicated, but other than the internal jokes, you seem to have quite a good knowledge about the whole Half-Life lore.

Summarum, I hope you get your things sorted and I will be looking forward to some more of the hilarious Freeman's Mind machinima.

If you cancel Freeman's mind, you will regret it. MUCH better than Civil Protection (that has really bad humour to be honest) and funnier!

So uh... in the future you're going to make Deus Ex machinima? Cool!

You're Right. We saw this coming.

Don't worry Ross, your passion for your arts will be rewarded...(eventually), Maybe you'll find some hot virginian girl who likes machinimas or get a full job as a movies productor...Im glad you'll continue on the subtitles...

Thanks for caring more for the serires we thousands of people love than the shitty job and your exploitation hours...I Guess it wasn't an easy call

Good luck finding some jobs...I imagine you being the janitor at machinima.com....LOL!

GL HF!

BTW Ross...

What's you're ''Gaming rig''or ''Producing rig''

I think you haven't ever posted your PC tech specs.

Bye

Yeah, i'm agree with everyone here (I guess... didn't read everyone, actually), artists get pressures and because I know how you feel (I write fan-fictions that peoples seem to like much), I can't judge. We all are with you.

Hang in there bro! And dont' let those dirtbags work you to death!

-Zachariah

Ross, good call on the move back to VA - I'll bet you've missed the colour green!

I'm glad you're now able to slow the pace down - I'm sure your best work is not created under the duress of an 80 hour week.

Personally, I watch your videos for you - In FM or CP, source is a nice vehicle for your ideas, writing, direction, and voice, so if you move on to other things and decide to cast off FM, that's fine, at least we'll still get to see your other ideas come to life.

Part of me wants the variety that different projects bring, part of me still wants to see you reach white forest though!

One more thing: before you left Machinima, did you manage to grab that colour laser printer from accounting? That thing could probably print money...

Best wishes

No wonder the FM episodes were coming out so fast. You were being rushed.

But yeah, I miss Civil Protection.

Well, just make the right decision for you right now.

The more stressful the job is, the less quality will go into your work I suppose.

Resume/continue/etc. the work when you're ready.

Good luck moving back to Virginia.

Hey, Ross. I think it was smart finding something that'll let you slow down as much as you need to. And concerning money, as a suggestion, maybe you could find some way to accept donations? It definitely works for other sites. I don't know how you'd go about doing that, but I'm sure there would be a lot of people who would donate to you to keep production going. Just a suggestion, but it could work.

Good luck with Civil Protection... Also You could realise FM episodes One a Month like you did before... If not then I understand.

You're mad, you're cool and creative =) You did the right thing ) Good luck !

Im happy that you are leaving Machinima.

While I love FM I know how much it hurts to have to do something slapdash due to not having much time.

While it sucks now you must find a new job that dosent matter as long as your values remain.

If I may suggest something the people at rooster teeth (Red vs. Blue)have a sponsorship program set up.

Where if someone gives them 10 dollars via-pay pal they get to see all of there videos hours earlyer then everyone else.

In your case you should make it when if people sponger you, then you let them not only watch episodes early but have detailed behind the scenes kinda things.

Like an episode of Freemans Mind where you can see in one screen the episode normally and in the other screen a video of you recording that episode.

Well...Good luck Scott!