Rate the song above you

7/10

Would definitely get a better rating if it was a higher quality recording, but it has a nicely mellow sound to it.

DI469NWc4Go

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

7/10 - Ska isn't something I'd go out of my way to listen to, and I personally find the chorus slightly "meh", but this kind of music can't help but bring a smile to my stupid miserable face.

eCCAhRXYOso

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

9/10 - Old school modern death metal.

ReA58FkwMrk

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

8/10 - It's been a rather long time since I last listened to Opeth, and to be honest I never was exactly a fan of the band - which had more to with my own tastes than any perceived lack of competency or appeal on their part. I especially liked the distinctly non-metal parts which consisted the first three minutes or so. I personally prefer metal to be a little more organic and underproduced, but not a bad track by any stretch. I don't feel the acoustic segment at about nine-minutes in added much, but the outro stanza did the job admirably.

Next:

4BVbWsJU4E4

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Sardonic beats meeting a low-roaring undertones greeted me for the first minute and a half before the droning of WWII areoplanes and aquatic gargles reverberate a message.

I wouldn't think much about it otherwise, but the music has character and emotion almost as if its expressing a schizophrenic delusion. Worth no more than 8/10 for its brooding tempo and unlearning atmosphere, earned at least one point for a bright and easily identifiable album cover.

vdzIeCPbR60

8/10 the longer I listened to it the more I liked it. Not at all what I was expecting

ZS_CQkPavyc

"We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things." ~ Elric, the Technomage

Can't say I'm that much a fan of his voice, but it's a neat twist on Little Red Riding Hood.

5/10

I'll continue with the non-english songs:

-O9OWfIjSzI

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7/10

I liked the sound of lyrics. Although I am not really a fan of this instrumental, when it's not paired with voice. Plus I don't know Swedish ^^'

Fair warning: you'll rarely see music with vocals from me.

EcF9k-v5Mng

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

8/10 - I am rather fond of electronic music that contrasts slightly fey melodic elements with starkly harder and machine-precise percussion and synths. One of those things that IDM and digital hardcore does well is the manner in which drum samples sound as if they'll almost outpace the tune of the song, but it somehow coheses together into something pleasant. My only problem is that the song is too short! Moar minutes plz.

9mJL3T5fTnM

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

7/10

It's atmospheric and it's a pretty good fit in a psychological horror, mainly because it reminds me of Silent Hill. However for first five minutes it gets repetitive, and it gets a bit painful to listen near the end because of those distorted vocals and screams. Plus it left an unpleasant ringing in my ears for about 15 minutes

9zSYdFmEFCI

A.K.A. UberCatSR

--------

6/10 - It started out very nice and relaxing, but the drums were really unfitting and just ended up making me nervous. It's like two different songs with completely different moods packed into one. That being said, I think that both songs on their own could potentially sound very nice. And I really liked the ending.

6BlL9VihZ-g

6/10 - It started out very nice and relaxing, but the drums were really unfitting and just ended up making me nervous. It's like two different songs with completely different moods packed into one. That being said, I think that both songs on their own could potentially sound very nice. And I really liked the ending.

Then I have a suggestion: try looking for Max Richter's music. The song you rated is inspired by his work (which doesn't have any drums as far as I know), and the majority of his music is pretty relaxing, using violin and piano. I think you'll like it

8.5/10

I really liked this song. The instrumental is catchy, I like how vocals are tuned in with it. The only problems I have with it is that it's a bit short, and the lyrics are repetitive (it's mostly "blood on your hands"). Other than that: it's a good listen

K_xTet06SUo

A.K.A. UberCatSR

--------

7/10, this takes me back to my EBM fandom days. I first got into the band via the song Perpetual from their Matter + Form album, and if I'm not mistaken this was from the album after that one? Good find Username!

v6IKPhU1nrY

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

6.5/10 - I like the instrumentals, but the vocals felt unfitting for the most part (this is a problem I usually have with Death Metal). They were much slower than the rhythm, and also completely incomprehensible. However, the intro sounded very good and I really like the slower part in the middle. Good buildup there.

This makes me wonder about your thoughts on Hardcore Punk though:

5AyiNm9LH1I

7.5/10, it's a little cleaner sounding than the kind of lo-fi "recorded in a wheelie bin" style blackened punk I tend to favour but I can definitely dig short and bluntly direct hardcore music.

-T5iJDW9Fog

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

8/10 Sounds like what my brother would listen to.

nujll4eG7dU

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

8/10 sounds like the final dungeon music in a video game from the late 80's, maybe early 90's

HpDSJ2lVlAI

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

9/10. I really enjoyed hearing this. The hand drums and the piano were especially good for me

Kkgp1-fHn6Y

A.K.A. UberCatSR

--------