Rate the song above you

5/10 Harmonical, way to simple, not enough instruments or originality...

_awjlLQz8_Y

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

5/10 Sounds like generic nightclub music to me. I don't really get it, though I can see how some would enjoy it.

BvndA7tfvz8

This album turns 40 years old today, and it's one of my favorites of all time.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

8/10 Because I can't rate it higher, it's original and sounds somewhat harmonic, I like the intro too but I don't understand the main riff :(

mv6dzuaDeo8

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

4/10

Meh, after the other track you posted, I can say this one seems so similar in style as to be made worse.

jjyBUEEtIvI

7/10 - Prodigy. Harmonical, -1 for unoriginal breakbeat. - 2 Prodigy gets boring too fast. (I listened to Prodigy 2 years ago)

gmK1kStbAUk

3/10 Generic trance-ish music with no real substance. Oh, and I only listened to 4 minutes of that. To keep this thread alive, don't post 11 minute songs, man.

aVIlp5_w4f8

6/10 This song probably gives americans nostalgia as do the soviet songs I listen to once in a while.

However, I'm not american. Also -1 for stealing melodies from black guys. Also I have no tracks under 5 minutes on my mp3 player so I can't help you. Just listen to the middle then if you want, I'm interested in neutral people's opinions on my music right now as this is one of my philosophical tests.

HgBF4Y5OoiY

3/10, doesn't have the variety to warrant the nearly 11 minute run time and the sounds are awfully generic to the point I would not be able to tell where it began or ended in a dance or night club setting.

xCEfu7flgtU

3/10, doesn't have the variety to warrant the nearly 11 minute run time and the sounds are awfully generic to the point I would not be able to tell where it began or ended in a dance or night club setting.

xCEfu7flgtU

3/10 I composed something like that just today actually..... reason why 3/10 It's harmonical so 3 points for that. Unoriginal, easy to make (took me 15 minutes).

@Axe you can still rate it though...

_voht-3HKvA

3/10, boring and unoriginal, especially considering the other tracks you've posted tonight. (and if you composed something just like it, then you probably got a lot of inspiration from Beethoven since the last track I posted was a remix of his 5th symphony).

OuJpOi-0Lws

3/10 :D, I still think this is too unoriginal, and a sample/melody doesn't make a great track, the fact that beethoven's melody is in there doesn't mean anything and besides even the great composers had bad songs. Yet I consider beethoven to be too overrated. The composition structure overall has to do it, not just one sample/melody.

Last one from me, I expect a 2/10 and being called unoriginal :geek:

Anyway, sorry to hog this topic I needed a test on my theory.

LQyeSpOoXZg

3/10 :D, I still think this is too unoriginal, and a sample/melody doesn't make a great track, the fact that beethoven's melody is in there doesn't mean anything and besides even the great composers had bad songs. Yet I consider beethoven to be too overrated. The composition structure overall has to do it, not just one sample/melody.

Last one from me, I expect a 2/10 and being called unoriginal :geek:

Anyway, sorry to hog this topic I needed a test on my theory.

LQyeSpOoXZg

Well, since you were constantly poking at unoriginality (originality which, I'd say, is dead these days), I figured I'd just point out that even something you composed probably wasn't original :) And he had more than just a sample/melody from the track, since it was pretty much just a remix with different instrumentals and whatnot, but oh well.

And you were off, still a 3/10, but again for unoriginality and general boredom. I only give 2's and 1's to tracks that are genuinely, ear-bleeding terrible.

This thread is quickly going to become boring and predictable if we don't loosen our standards up a little. Unless people like others telling them their tastes in music (despite how broad they are) are unoriginal and boring, of course.

Here's another attempt to mix up the posted tracks :)

XbzkaznpZD0

You are right, I used the wrong words. Must've been because all of you called the tracks I posted unoriginal, I meant not unoriginal but tries too hard and becomes boring too fast. :)

For this one I give 6/10. this time I give 5 points for exceptional instrumental and 1 for what soudns like a devoted singer. I overtly hate to listen to such singers such as this guy but he can definetly sing. Also this sounds like some girls dreamtrack.

I'm sorry to come back I completely forgot to summarize. This is not like one of the other tracks I posted.

IjvL-BgNv_Q

If you will rate this higher then the other tracks then my theory was right.

You are right, I used the wrong words. Must've been because all of you called the tracks I posted unoriginal, I meant not unoriginal but tries too hard and becomes boring too fast. :)

For this one I give 6/10. this time I give 5 points for exceptional instrumental and 1 for what soudns like a devoted singer. I overtly hate to listen to such singers such as this guy but he can definetly sing. Also this sounds like some girls dreamtrack.

I'm sorry to come back I completely forgot to summarize. This is not like one of the other tracks I posted.

IjvL-BgNv_Q

If you will rate this higher then the other tracks then my theory was right.

First of all, you never tell the subjects what kind of responses you want to prove or disprove a theory. That's just poor biasing. And second, there's no swear in any language on this planet that can do the headache that last track you posted induced for me. My biggest problem was the whistle element, which made this a below average song for me. Congrats, you found me another song that deserves a 2/10. If you find a 1/10, then you're in trouble ;) fair warning.

tl;dr, 2/10

BYb88dfJVp8

If anyone calls it unoriginal, you're in trouble as well ;) and it'll only be fun for one of us.

10/10 for Godzilla.

One of my all time favourite movie themes. It feels so epic even to this day and just symbolizes Godzilla perfectly. Just like Godzilla is a force of nature, the melody feels like it's coming on to you, unstoppable and relentless.

Here's an 80's classic for ya:

BNyRU0fKHAY

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

7/10, good rhythm and I like the sound of the vocals.

Feel this is appropriate considering how late it is here:

rJE_Sc1Wags