Progress being made on FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 39

We wouldn't have to use the enter key if Rainbow Dash didn't break the website with his excessive LOLing.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

100% ON TOPIC POST: YAY. FREEMAN'S MIND 39! HOW I DO SO LOVE FREEMAN'S MIND.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Speaking of getting back ontopic, progress on dialogue is now fuller and less indecisive.

Edit: (i just caught that you said "filming lines" not "dialogue line". below is still valid, because Ross said in some other thread that writing his conclusion for this episode is a bitch.)

he probably just doesn't like his intro line(s)..trust me a good intro is important, I've read enough books and watched enough movies to know that. i imagine the same principle applies to Ross' medium :)

the intro gets one hooked.

the body keeps one watching.

the ending keeps one excited for the next episode.

the conclusion to the final episode leaves one satisfied that the series is over. (Ian Riley did great with this ;)) (and this is probably why Robin Darnell is finding such a hard time finishing his series(Shephard's mind) :?:.)

i don't know which is harder to write..intros or conclusions..

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

In everything I have written I always find the conclusion harder.

Once your used to writing stuff; the hooks get easier and more simple to think of.

The conclusion on the other hand needs an epic ending, some kind of summary, and a good note to leave you off on to ponder at a later time.

So I would say the conclusion takes more creativity, thought and time to make.

yea, i'd say conclusions too, now that i read your post.

also same with everything I've written: writing an awesome conclusion is hard in comparison to everything else...but i find writing second nature, as i'm sure you do as well, writing is very easy(easy depending on the demographic really) to me, but it's always that damn conclusion that keeps me on the project for an extra while :/...

Tomorrow will me one month from the last release. That's why I suggested for our glorious leader to stop releasing vids for couple of month, get a stack of them, and only then release each episode, on the same time, once a week.... so we all can write our angry letters to machinima.com for delaying our great series.

Or, Maybe, just maybe, it is possible to upload vids to machinima, get processed and then release them Mondays at 6 PM.

Of course, there is a solution for "shaking from detox" from Freeman's Mind - simple forget about it for a year, and delete every link and every friend from your IM and memory, so you can re-discover all the goodies there would have been made.

Don't wanna you to get me wrong and aggresive. But isn't it good for all of us? I'm speaking about not releasing and then 1vid at a week releasing system.

Edit: (i just caught that you said "filming lines" not "dialogue line". below is still valid, because Ross said in some other thread that writing his conclusion for this episode is a bitch.)

he probably just doesn't like his intro line(s)..trust me a good intro is important, I've read enough books and watched enough movies to know that. i imagine the same principle applies to Ross' medium :)

the intro gets one hooked.

the body keeps one watching.

the ending keeps one excited for the next episode.

the conclusion to the final episode leaves one satisfied that the series is over. (Ian Riley did great with this ;)) (and this is probably why Robin Darnell is finding such a hard time finishing his series(Shephard's mind) :?:.)

i don't know which is harder to write..intros or conclusions..

But really, in the case of Shephard's Mind (and possibly FM) the final episode has to get you excited for the NEXT series. SM in Opposing Force 2 and maybe FM in HL2 if Ross decides to do that.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Let's not get too far too fast. It is half a year until we will see last episode of FM. There is plenty of time to think of ending of FM... which has to be great. There is just so much room for +100500 endings. By the way, What IF! instead if HL2 we will see HL1 mods like Barney or Opposing Force... would be strange to hear Barney speaking with Ross' voice but fans of current style of the game engine would love that :)

It'll be HL2 or nothing at all as far as mind series go. I could be wrong, but since Ross wanted to start with HL2 anyway, I doubt it. Also, Pinkie Pie, where is Opposing Force 2? Is it a mod or something Valve is working on?

That's cool, but an official sequel would be better. I want to see some HECU marines in Episode 3.