Progress being made on FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 39

Fm 39's clusters are now slowly turning into a solid line of green, soon they will invade the progress chart and that it is only a matter of time untill machinima uploads lots of crapinima and we will finally see FM online!

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Waaait a second - filming is 3/4 complete while Dialogue bar is 1/3 complete... how does this work? First film then develop what to say...or first write scenario and only then film and after that record audio dialogue

If i remember correctly he plays through it first thinking of stuff to say, then films it and then makes the dialog.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm pretty sure he films first, gets some ideas when filming it and does some acting (Unnecessary pause at some interesting location or thing... at that point it doesn't matter) then he sees what could be said with that film by analyzing it and writing down ideas and then he records different areas. That's how I would do it.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I heard the same in the interview.

And even if Ross does take some pauses in the game to write,

then I still don't care. It's amusing, and that's all I need 8-)

that's just a tiny bit strange - first shoot then think. I'd first play, then think and write scenario and only then shoot and after that speak. One logical way is shoot 40 seconds and voice it, and another 30 seconds and so on.... yea it would be so stupid to have 40 seconds episodes ^_^

I wonder if FM would move over to the other half life series.

I remember playing a half life, that took place in a amusement park.

Pretty epic, just putting it out there 8-)

I thought the whole filming box was full but then got scaled back. Maybe he did think of stuff, film, then write dialogue, but something happened or he didn't like the ending of it or something and decided to redo it. He could just do post effect fade like he does when loading screens come up.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

He said earlier that he was having trouble finding an ending place, ergo the scaling back of the "filming" box. I assume he's come up with dialogue for what he HAS filmed.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

*facepalm* He did say that.

Wait...that means I was right! I know I read it but I forgot and was only guessing! That makes me a professional detective now. You are all my underlings. We will figure out and stop crimes and we will be called...

"The L.Accursed Noire Farms Squad".

In opposing force, they explained how you could be shot by a shotgun, and survive.

I wonder if they explain in the next series how Shephard can hold so many weapons?

That's cool, but an official sequel would be better. I want to see some HECU marines in Episode 3.

Then have some bro'

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7ld-bxbu4Pw/TYj8HK6SEoI/AAAAAAAAAm8/SMaEJxpipes/s1600/336388_xUv9sd_h9NPkLyFdnao_r98Fd.jpg

An image of a cut project from Valve, featuring what seems to be Shepard.

I must say that Gasmask looks way too weird and all alien like, I hope this is the beta graphic.

Shephard is my favourite character of Valve, I really hope they do make a sequel with him or something.

In opposing force, they explained how you could be shot by a shotgun, and survive.

I wonder if they explain in the next series how Shephard can hold so many weapons?

Simple. He had a giant backpack.

HECU_beret_model.jpg See? And while we're on the subject, here's Black Mesa's HECU marine:

200px-Hidefhecu.jpg

What I want to know is how Freeman and Barney carried so many weapons. You see any pockets or holding straps, or giant backpacks on THEIR person? I don't think so.

Simple. He had a giant backpack.

HECU_beret_model.jpg See? And while we're on the subject, here's Black Mesa's HECU marine:

200px-Hidefhecu.jpg

What I want to know is how Freeman and Barney carried so many weapons. You see any pockets or holding straps, or giant backpacks on THEIR person? I don't think so.

Oh, right... How the hell do they do it??! :cry:

Freeman has a container with a portal in it and Barney is a wizard.

Adrian Shepard is the only surviving HECU marine in EP3 because he was safely hidden at Aperture Science fucking with the keyboards, but was knocked out by deadly neurotoxin (not killed, thanks to his trusty gas mask) and woke up on a very, very, very cold boat.

Also, how do I manage to get so off-topic in my own topic?

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.