Are you a lady or a gentleman.

Are you male or female?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Are you male or female?

• Male
    • Female
    • Some kind of variant

I am pretty sure that this particular poll is asking about people's physical gender, but making that clear in the poll question wouldn't have hurt.

On the internet I'd assume mental gender is more important.

Is it really though? To me Gender on the Internet doesn't matter at all.

It does for me.

Female forum members tend to be more mature than most others.

Examples:

Alyxx (I honestly don't know what he/she is.)

Jexius

Figunaye

Twilight Sparkle

etc...

When I see people like this on the internet, I ask myself; Why can't my school's students be this mature?

Of course, the students here don't find an argument to be valid unless the word "Fuck" appears about 50 times in it.

Also known as "Username"

I disagree with that. While on average Females seem to be more mature(its just how it is biologically), i find plenty of girls just aren't. Especially on the internet. I also don't like to judge anyone's maturity based on his/her gender.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It does for me.

Female forum members tend to be more mature than most others.

Examples:

Alyxx (I honestly don't know what he/she is.)

Jexius

Figunaye

Twilight Sparkle

etc...

When I see people like this on the internet, I ask myself; Why can't my school's students be this mature?

Of course, the students here don't find an argument to be valid unless the word "Fuck" appears about 50 times in it.

I find that gender is irrelevant. Maturity on the internet is based on how long you've used it, for example I used to be really immature, I had maturity beat into me on the internet. There are less females who join various types of discussions so you don't really see it develop, and usually they pretend to be male. Being female on the internet is the hard.

Being female on the internet is the hard.

I can imagine that being true. But i think this is mainly because there aren't that many females on the internet.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can imagine that being true. But i think this is mainly because there aren't that many females on the internet.

The minute you say "I'm a girl" anything you said on anything 'male' programming, gaming, or general opinions gets thrown out the window, also no one believes you unless you give them a bazillion pictures, everyone hits on you or asks for nudes, and people tend to just disregard what you say, girls can't possibly know anything about computers. For someone like me, all other girls just give me a bad reputation, there are quite a few on the internet but usually they don't know very much and everyone assume all girls are like that. Also they tend to use their body a lot to show off, which encourages crass behavior.

The minute you say "I'm a girl" anything you said on anything 'male' programming, gaming, or general opinions gets thrown out the window, also no one believes you unless you give them a bazillion pictures, everyone hits on you or asks for nudes, and people tend to just disregard what you say, girls can't possibly know anything about computers. For someone like me, all other girls just give me a bad reputation, there are quite a few on the internet but usually they don't know very much and everyone assume all girls are like that. Also they tend to use their body a lot to show off, which encourages crass behavior.

Well i think that is because there are few females on the internet that actually "fight the stereotype". If there were more girls on the internet, more girls that are really into gaming or any "male" hobbies i think overall they would be more accepted on the internet. Obviously there will ALWAYS be the perverts and sexists, but that is just the internet.

Also i feel that many girls at the moment just aren't really helping themselves, because often they seek attention with the fact that they are female. They tend to make a huge deal out of the fact that they are Girl Gamers.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

is she aware that we don't stereotype women here, ever?(what's following is not specific to anyone here..) seriously the thing that annoys me is that when i try to have an intelligent conversation with women on other sites they usually mis-translate: "hey how're you doing" to "use your tongue to take my pants off." causing them to be instantly/always on guard because they assume i come to the internet to read them doing something lascivious through text....and no i'm not saying this is true for all women just in my experience(not talking about steam chats; you women don't assume shit) that's how it is %100 of the time...

alright, just had to get that off my chest..

Girls who want recognition for their "unusual" talent could do like Lisa Simpson in that episode where the school was split into two halves by gender. She disguised herself as a boy and only revealed her true gender after proving her excellence in mathematics. :P Though the girls in my class in university don't need to do so, they are quite a few studying computer science and high level mathematics.

By the way, did you know that the world's first programmer was a woman?

The discussion on genders is very much relevant to this topic and actually makes it interesting, as opposed to just reading a redundant list of "I'm male"s and "I'm female"s.

On the topic of gender identity. Societal pressures us to act within a gender, males do male things, females do female things. Our whole identity as people is based on the pressures we accept and deny. If someone wants to dress in female clothing they are no different to someone who doesn't like Call of Duty. In my opinion there is no such thing as gender identity, we make our own identity.

On the topic of gender identity. Societal pressures us to act within a gender, males do male things, females do female things. Our whole identity as people is based on the pressures we accept and deny. If someone wants to dress in female clothing they are no different to someone who doesn't like Call of Duty. In my opinion there is no such thing as gender identity, we make our own identity.

Straight up. We're all just people and we can choose who we wish to be.

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."

Gender identity isn't anything to do with your personality, it's just whether you consider yourself mentally male or female.

Gender identity isn't anything to do with your personality, it's just whether you consider yourself mentally male or female.

Gender can play a major role in the actions, or inactions a person takes in their life. If someone is physically male, they could be discouraged, or looked down upon for doing things that are considered 'girl' things. Plenty of people live lie filled lives because the society they live in has strict ideas of what certain genders do or do not do.

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."

You're not either. You simply reject the pressures society puts on you. For example, if you consider yourself mentally female you're not the same as everyone else who considers themselves mentally female. You could say they're levels to it, but you simple accept societal pressures which are usually given to women, and reject the ones for men. But within that there's a ton of pressures which are exerted on men which you might accept, everyone denys at least one pressure and that makes them who they are.

Gender can play a major role in the actions, or inactions a person takes in their life. If someone is physically male, they could be discouraged, or looked down upon for doing things that are considered 'girl' things. Plenty of people live lie filled lives because the society they live in has strict ideas of what certain genders do or do not do.

*ahem* I haven't told a single person in real life besides a doctor. I walk around acting as male as I can without hating myself (which... to be honest has killed me so much I just try to act like neither). I don't act like myself anywhere. I can't even do it properly on the internet (but that's changing quite rapidly!) because I've been hiding it for so long.

You're not either. You simply reject the pressures society puts on you. For example, if you consider yourself mentally female you're not the same as everyone else who considers themselves mentally female. You could say they're levels to it, but you simple accept societal pressures which are usually given to women, and reject the ones for men. But within that there's a ton of pressures which are exerted on men which you might accept, everyone denys at least one pressure and that makes them who they are.

Yes, but I'm not talking about personality. It's deeper than that. Not just in the way you want to act, but in the way you want to look, be seen as, be heard as and be known as. The fact is as a species we have gender, unfortunately certain actions are "restricted" to one gender. But even if that wasn't the case I wouldn't just want to walk around as a girly male. It's really hard to explain to be honest.

Wait I'm speaking like this now? Since when? A month back I wouldn't tell someone on omegle if they begged me on their hands and knees (somehow... I don't use webcam mode for multiple obvious reasons)!

I beg to differ (IS that how you say it?), but I think personality has a medium amount to do with your personality.

EDIT: Nagisa ninjad me in the worst way I can imagine....

Question:

Nagisa is a girly male?

Also there are no restricted things, my mom enjoys half-life and played cs 1.6... why did I just say that?

Oh yeah, my point is in our modern age I cannot imagine one activity that is restricted to one gender.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I beg to differ (IS that how you say it?), but I think personality has a medium amount to do with your personality.

EDIT: Nagisa ninjad me in the worst way I can imagine....

Question:

Nagisa is a girly male?

No, I'm mentally female. Yes, there is a big difference!