Music frustration

Sign in to follow this  

To be honest, it was just matter of time when it happens because youtube retard policy (WMG gay club) just frustrate everyone. Some people don´t want to make more vids because this. Even if you have agreement from author to use his music in your own vid, WMG disable sound so your vid is worthless (you can prove that you can use that music in your vid but it takes some time). Hope you find some cool alternatives (i cant imagine some clips without soundtrack CP: On a rail is a prime example). I wish you good luck without more problems like this. Hope that youtube policy will be less gay in future.

Sorry mate, this sure is a pickle you're in there. Youtube is all about free expression, why not use music? Copyright laws... They're going too far.

I have the same problem with videos I post on youtube

Those guys are music nazis, the copyright thing is WAY too strict!

Maybe we should all just right them a letter?

You're lucky you got your own composer though, I'm stuck with making my own music if I want to avoid copyright bullshit

I think it's unfair to blame this on YouTube/Google. Blame the unbalanced copyright laws instead. Ross brings up a very good point; if people can't distribute old music, it'll never get used and it'll die out. I could try to convince you guys to abandon copyright for non-commercial distribution and remixing, but lots of people have already done a better job of that. I recommend everyone to read this: http://www.piratpartiet.se/international/english and think of what future you want. Sorry for going political on you :P

You could probably just wright a letter to id software asking for permition to use there game music. And seeing as how all of there games are now open source you should its unlikely they will tell you no.

I find ocremix to be a good source for free game soundtracks, however the songs are not in the original form.

I know exactly what you mean about music. I'm very picky with tracks and I like to pick obscure, unknown ones just 'right' for the scene in particular.

I make noob games with Game Maker 8.0 but the music is what makes my games shine. I feel for you man, and I hope this stuff goes away soon.

I'm sure the new stuff coming is worth the wait, and if it isn't, I don't care. The effort you put into all of this is amazing, and I really appreciate it greatly.

100% support! and good luck

I know how weird unexplainable bugs are

Have to say I am right with you there on the game soundtracks thing, that's actually somewhere around 80%-90% of the music on my computer (which merely amounts to about 4.5 GB total), so naturally I share your annoyance

I grinned outright when I heard the Versalife theme in "What is Machinima?"

Well I'll keep watching as long as you continue to be awesome, which will likely be the case for the future.

Personally, I don't get what their issue is on this. Youtube Videos are usually not intended for profit, they are intended for entertainment, so a lawsuit has no real purpose except for someone to beat someone else up for using their stuff.

Copyright laws for paper-writing is simple. Use the quote, indicate it is a quote from another source, and explain what that source is. It shouldn't really be much different for music and videos. You have done just that. You post the song used, and where it came from. But if you don't know who they belong to, you just say where it's from. That should really be enough.

Youtube is paranoid because it is really happening. Videos are getting deleted or getting their audio replaced/deleted. They want to try and prevent this from happening to future users, so it's pretty much the policy of "better safe than sorry."

Welcome to the modern world! It sucks, but it exists.

Despite your beliefs that a fanbase is impossible without a big site, I'm going to be making an attempt at it. I would not especially mind if I end up being one of the "obscure but good hits" of the machinima scene, just as long as people like what I do.

Suck, suck, SUCK, SUCK, SUCK! I believe the makers of THAT law are Di***s and they're all Fa**ots!!!! THIS is why I believe these IDIOTS should really just BACK OFF! I mean, sure another company use it, SO?! I mean, thats pure BULL**** BULL**** BULL**** BULL****!!!!!!!!! F***'em all! Man......... wait, how do you record with the source engine????

Oh man Ross I know where you're coming from! I CANNOT STAND Youtube's copyright rules! They have taken away some of my most favorite videos! >:(

I agree with the writer above (since it's me). maybe you could get some guys to help ya with tha- Oh my God! I'm an idiot! Hey Ross, what state you live in? I know a friend in a band who could help you to, but I would need to know what town you live in to, since he's, like, 16 years-old, but I could ask'em if he wanted to help ya. He has no contract with record co.'s, but I'm not sure since I haven't really followed'em, but I bet they would help! This would get their music on the web! Plus, they have a singer/guitarist, guitarist, bass, and (but can't keep one for more than a few months and are trying to kick the current one, but again, not sure if they did that yet) a drummer. Well, I can tell him, and about 99.9999999% of people here,and 99% of people on Machinima and Youtube (but this is just a innacurate estimate) has probably heard them, even though they did a concert her in New Jersey.

Damn, that sure does suck, hopefully this all turns out well. On the subject of your composer though, I'm curious if you guys might be interested in a guitarist for live guitars. This is assuming your composer could use someone like me, I don't actually know if he records his own live guitar or not. If you're interested or curious, I'd be happy to give a demo of my abilities. It would be nice to work on something like this as practice and for fun.

Also, I'm looking forward to the next CP episode (as well as Freeman's Mind, both are good), keep up the excellent work.

I think there is one quote that describes your work very well, "Strength through adversity".

It's good to hear you have a composer. I hope that will solve your problems. =)

Does Youtube's system where they link to Amazon/iTunes so viewers can buy the song in the video not work for your stuff? I remember it didn't work for me, so I'm willing to believe it didn't work for you.

While it may not mean much, you have my condolences for all this red tape B.S.

I have no doubt that the machinima will still be great, but does this mean the beginning song to FM is out now?

-p.s.-

CANT WAIT FOR NEW CP!!

What I think is funny is that they donâ