Music frustration

Sign in to follow this  

First...down with the RIAA. They set this precedent and must hang for it.

Second...great to hear the progress on CP. Can't wait to see the tunnel.

Third...can't wait for the next FM. Wonder how Freeman's throat will feel after the last ep...

Internet Nazi's huh? Beat them with a stick! Even if you have a potential DMCA issue, no matter what YouTube insists upon, you Ross, still are within your rights provided you give disclaimers and remind the Man that you're better than His System via Parody. If YouTube wants to give you the run around, launch off a few emails and show them just who the hell they're dealing with. Without animators, cinematographers, musicians, composers, video games, programmer's...really all that is the Internet would be useless.

Cling to the Paraody Loop Hole.

Scott my good man!

You are on the internet you fool! Their is always a loophole!

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/

Welcome to Newgrounds.com! Where audio producers are BEGGING for people like you to contact them!

You have THOUSANDS of song choices! Please take a look whats the harm?

~JokersFlame

I'm a musician thats always looking for ways to get my music out there. I wouldn't ask for anything in return, but if I can help, I'd be more than glad to lend a hand. I don't know if my music is anything you'd need, but that doesn't mean I can't offer my services. I love Freeman's Mind and Civil Protection is also amazing. I think that certain Machinima such as yours and Roosterteeth deserve to do the best they can. I know you got your own composer, but if you ever need anything else, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd lend a hand and offer aid.

Hey Ross Scott, I'm really sorry to hear that restriction on using other video game soundtracks. Your CP videos were always top quality, but the music was one of those small things in your CP videos, that, at first, I didn't care about them, but upon rewatching, and listening to those songs, made me enjoy those videos more than ever.

While I'm not a big fan of Freemans mind, (I do watch it anyway, given I haven't played half life 1 yet) I think until you gain more options to using soundtracks, you should stick to freemans mind, because if you reduce to limited soundtrack obtions in making CP videos, I feel it will do alot more than just hurt the quality of your machinima videos.

Anyway, good luck Ross, I hope you do well with the Tunnel CP video.

(BTW, I'm just a silent fan of your series, I have not ever posted a comment until now, but i've been around since the early, good old days of Civil Protection, back on your old website, you've shown how hard it is to animate, and to this day, I have not seen a higher quality of Machinima, than Civil Protection, Metro Cops FTW.)

Man it sounds like you need a lawyer. Some guy who wears a bad ass suit and has a black briefcase as well as coherent knowledge of copy rights and has enough political training (as well as standing) to defend your VERY rightful innocence.

Good luck acquiring that kind of money.

I hope this turns out cuz I like the music you put in your videos and it just isn't gonna be the same if Youtube has its way.

I am so frustrated at the new YouTube, I mean, good they did do some improvement but, they are way more stricter on game music/soundtrack. I understand how you're frustrated.

Yar! What Best be the problem with good ol' Cap'n Freeman sez I.

Ye can email me at thee email address shown below!

[email protected]

from ye good ol' cap'n

cap'n Sheridan McMillan

Fuck YouTube! Release through RoosterTeeth, if possible. Any of the people there who have heard of your machinima think its the best Halflife machinima out. And there is an entire forum thread dedicated to how awesome you are.

Just shoot Burnie Burns an Email about it.

I loved the music in your videos, felt nostalgic when heard the tunes from Q3A or Jazz Jackrabbit. And intellectual property fuckers forcing you to change you theme.. in words of the vortigaunt from "aliens" AAAWWW HELLLLL

FY, anonymous at 16:18:26

unlucky to hear about your music delima.

you could try uploading your videos on www.screwattack.com, if you dont know about it already its a massive gaming website and im sure you would get a lot of views there with your work.

as always mate, keep up the awesome work, i can always wait for your next videos. its allways topnotch work.

I feel like spamming with donation box requests.

Nujbaes could PROBABLY be an option, if you have not heard of him. Just a thought.

Wow. That long post you made. Anyway, keep good working your project and take easy.

I feel your pain my friend. Google fucked up you tube good and proper. Plastered it with shitty annoying adverts and brought in shit loads of shitty rules that restrict the communitys creativity in their videos. It seems youtube is not altogther shit, it goes so slow for me now and sometimes just dosent play videos at all.

Why put adverts on it in the first place, whats the matter with them, is earning 400,00,000,000,000,000,000,000 a year not enough for them????

Twats

Keep up the good work, Ross. I take great pleasure in watching your videos.

Well, to me, it looks that everything is going to turn out ok. And that way, now you'll have an original soundtrack. And that's fucking great!! And cool.

About your personal taste for those kind of soundtracks, you can always from time to time make a special request for use something, and it will be like a special guest music.

Oh, and, I don't really no much, about those ost, I only know things like, David Bowie being part of Omikron: The Nomad Soul soundtrack, and the game itself with cameos. But it is something that I am very interested in, I love soundtracks, a good one makes a lot for a game. So I would really like to see that side-project happening, maybe with some soundtrack reviews to, but that would be a little more time-consuming.

Good luck with the returning of Civil Protection, can't wait for it, even more now that I've re-started Half-Life 2.

I know it's going to be fantastic!

ross i hope you wont leave youtube but if worst comes to worst you might want to try dailymotion thats a good videosite

Wait wait.. You've got to be smarter than this. If you change your stile your vids will not be that much appealing to your fan base. There are things you cannot trade with and this is one of those.

You have to find a formula that allows you to be creative in the same way. Why dont you upload a trailer to youtube instead of the full video? and have the full video available to download in a site where it's safe from lawyers.

If you drastically change everything people wll be confused at least. On the other hand I have to say that whatever you do I'll keep watching it as long as I like it.

Have you considered publishing only on this website just for once and see what happens?

Soomething WE can do is to comment ALL YOUR VIDEOS already on YT and redirect people to this site.. What do you think?

Hello! egkfebe interesting egkfebe site!

hey, I'm really sorry for all this corporate bullshit getting in the way of good machinima making. you must be really frustrated.

but I have to say that i'm glad you've been getting (at least) some support, and I'm thrilled about the idea of the soundtrack section in your site.

cheers, mate! and keep bringing the laughs to us =)