The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I've never used a companion. Well, once I did. I got Faendal from Riverwood to carry my crap from my old house to my new house, then when all my stuff was moved over, I told him to go home. Oh, and I threw all of his previous belongings into a river, and took all his gold from him.

I just paid Faendal to train me then I went into his inventory and took all of my gold back. Rinse and repeat.

I've had Lydia with me since the beginning, her use as a packmule too good to ignore. She's not too bad in a fight, probably because I put off doing the quest to grab her for a while so she's a few levels higher. Probably the NPC I have the best bond with since I've had her around for so long and spend some real effort keeping her alive sometimes in difficult spots. In retrospect, I should have married her if I could have (there's a bug that prevents marrying her.) I have her geared with ebony armor enchanted to increase her carrying weight and using Dragonbane and ebony arrows, much better than her starting gear, really wish she could use better bows though.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

113 hours played.

Got Destruction, Smithing, and Enchanting up to 100. Next goals for skill mastery are Two-Handed and Heavy Armor. Just finished my crowning achievement in both Smithing and Enchanting: A set of Daedric armor and a Daedric warhammer enchanted with the most badass properties imaginable. The armor adds up to some nice stats such as plus %160 two handed damage, plus %150 health regen, plus %80 stamina regen. That, and my total armor value is 320. My warhammer is enchanted to both act as a soul trapper, do fire damage, AND do tons of shock damage. It's base damage is 210.

Made a new Char. This time I will literally punch my way through the game. I will only use magic for non-combat spells, but other than that I will only hit people in the face.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

so I finally got my legendary daedric armor after stalking all the apothecaries in skyrim for the hearts, and I must say. Best armor model I've seen to date. :o

Retired Forum Moderator

Does anyone by any chance know the Console command(or a mod) that allows me to slow down time? I know there is a timescale command but that only speeds up the ingame hours and days. I want something that I can use to slow down/speed up everything.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So, i was walking around when suddendly a dragon appears, he lands tries to hit me, hits a mammoth thats close to me, all the mammoths around get pissed off and attack him at once. The dragon ends up insta-killed...LOL

We should hire Mammoths and giants to protect the cities.

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

113 hours played.

Got Destruction, Smithing, and Enchanting up to 100. Next goals for skill mastery are Two-Handed and Heavy Armor. Just finished my crowning achievement in both Smithing and Enchanting: A set of Daedric armor and a Daedric warhammer enchanted with the most badass properties imaginable. The armor adds up to some nice stats such as plus %160 two handed damage, plus %150 health regen, plus %80 stamina regen. That, and my total armor value is 320. My warhammer is enchanted to both act as a soul trapper, do fire damage, AND do tons of shock damage. It's base damage is 210.

I got 245 Hours lol

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

so I finally got my legendary daedric armor after stalking all the apothecaries in skyrim for the hearts, and I must say. Best armor model I've seen to date. :o

Dragon Armor beats it. Btw I could have saved you some trouble, if you go to Mehrunes Dagons shrine and do the quest every time you go back there you will get 4 hearts. 2 from the inside and 2 from the guards ;P

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

Actually, for heavy armor, Daedric is better. Kinda weird how that works.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

From what I've seen stat-wise Deadric armor is better than Dragon armor. Which doesn't really surprise since I think it is harder to make Deadric armor than dragon armor. I mean you stack up on scales and bones so quickly.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thought I'd share my problems with Skyrim on PS3. PC and 360 players seem to be misunderstanding the hugeness of the problems.

The first problem I had (and many, many others did) was the lag. I actually had this problem the FIRST DAY I played the game. Playing the game for 7 hours, lag appeared in relatively small doses. Walking around town was a chore because of the slowdown, but it was certainly playable at that point.

Over the next week, the slowdown got horrible. It made the game unplayable. This was around 30 hours in, and the game would drop down to 0 fps regularly, hovering around 20fps at the best times.

Then they released the first patch, I believe on the 18th of November. This seemed to fix the framerate problems for the most part, but most of us couldn't imagine the trouble this patch would cause down the line.

By 70 hours in, the game started occasionally crashing. By 80 hours in, the crashes would regularly occur after maybe 5 hours gameplay. By 116 hours in, crashes made the game unplayable just as the lag had. The game would crash five minutes into playing the game.

I've since tried remedies as temporary fixes. There was the trick to wait 24 hours 30 times, a process that takes way longer than it's even nearly worth. There was the trick to turn off all autosave systems completely, which is much less practical than you might think, and it only postpones the crashing by an hour now.

The game is broken. Estimates on when these problems will be fixed are estimated at January to February. That's FOUR MONTHS after the release of the game. Having to wait four months after release for the game to work properly is probably the worst customer service they could have possibly given PS3 owners, barring coming to our houses and smashing our PS3s with hammers.

Oh, that reminds me! After the first patch, there have been multiple reports of the crashes BRICKING CONSOLES. I guess they really want to break our ps3's, and bricking them remotely is more efficient than the hammer idea...

So yeah, at this point, I'm afraid to start up Skyrim with the fear that it could destroy my PS3. Even if I did start it, it would inevitably crash within an hour, despite my best, most desperate efforts to stop it.

THANKS, BETHESDA

ToddHoward2010sm_1318883372.jpg

i'm about 80% sure i'm going to get this game for Christmas. if you don't see me again just assumed i forgot what sleep was and in my delirium thought energy drinks substituted for it. ;)

@Eedo Baba: that's a tough break man, i'm a 360 guy myself so i'm hoping i don't get to know your pain, but it's still a massive let down.

@Eedo Baba

But the fact that you can, while being in your inventory, spin the items around in 3D space totally makes up for all of that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯