The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Does anyone happen to have a vanilla data folder they could send me? I accidentally deleted a mine and I'm not even sure what I'm missing now(but for some reason everything has a dollar sign in front of it ingame).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does anyone happen to have a vanilla data folder they could send me? I accidentally deleted a mine and I'm not even sure what I'm missing now(but for some reason everything has a dollar sign in front of it ingame).

Sorry, I think that's against the law. Just re-download from Steam.

I'm a tad curious how you accidentally deleted that. O_o

And it's not in the recycling bin?

Retired Forum Moderator

I have accidentally trained myself to use shift+del all the time :/

When I delete something I want to be gone dammit(well, when I intentionally delete something)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, your saves are stored in a separate folder so you won't lose anything, but yeah you're gonna have to reinstall it.

Retired Forum Moderator

I love level 100 enchanting. Iron daggers with banish and absorb health are worth about 2000 each.

I have accidentally trained myself to use shift+del all the time :/

When I delete something I want to be gone dammit(well, when I intentionally delete something)

TylvUGJIi_w

wr-buV4tYOA She really is very good.

UoZWuvEtMvc >>>----knee---->

"Fat People Not Good"

8BHKLVr_Cxw

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

So I was about to go to bed when I got sidetracked by Youtube's suggestion bar, eventually I came upon a video about Paarthurnax, which was when I found out that-

Paarthurnax is voiced by the same guy that voiced Mario.

Whodathunkit.

My person favorite is that General Tullius is Captain Bailey from Mass Effect.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Got Skyrim for Christmas

i picked a Female Nord(i like to play as female characters, not sure why), chose the Mage stone, and i just told the Jarl that a dragon's coming to fuck-up Whiterun. but i'm going to read the other posts in this thread, just see what you people can tell me. (like don't turn left, here be dragons, that sort of thing. :))

i'm thinking of sticking with upgrading enchantment, destruction, and forging/smithing/whatever creation shit i can think of. what else is a good idea to upgrade for a magic junky? i'm going to mess with combat stuffs too, but to a lesser extent than magic...

i picked a Female Nord(i like to play as female characters, not sure why)

The game will actually reward you for that, i cant remember a downside for choosing a female character right now but i know only female characters are allowed inside the inner sanctum of a temple in the city of Markarth.

i'm going to read the other posts in this thread, just see what you people can tell me. (like don't turn left, here be dragons, that sort of thing. :))

Unless you are playing on the master difficulty, out of potions, low level, without a good place to use as cover against the dragon, short on arrows, dont have restoration perks and have no support; Dragons will always be a pleasent surprise since you will need their souls to get more powerful shouts and their bones and scales are a good source of gold at the beggining of the game, but if you want to avoid them for any reason whatsoever, here goes a few tips:

1 Explore the world before going on with the main quest, it will force you to fight dragons eventually.

2 Some Dragons wont be randomly flying around, they will be nesting a word of power sometimes, to avoid stumbling on them just keep an eye on your compass (at the top of the screen) for dragon heads.

3 When you see a flying dragon, unless he already targeted you due to some kind of provocation or because you were the only creature close to him, you can usually just walk away, and eventually he will fly away.

I picked a male argonian because orcs are ugly, elfs scare me, khajits are too furry and humans are mainstream.

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

i was gonna go with High Elf, but i was swayed by the battle cry, and the whole frost resistant thing.

oh, and i do want to fight dragons. :)

(i'm playing on novice because i want to feel like a god, also i just want a nice clean stroll through Skyrim.)

Magic is fun, especially at lower levels, but its got limited variety since there aren't as many spells this time around and no custom spell crafting, shouts make up for this I suppose. I tended towards a mostly sword and magic, spell sword, with occasional bow thrown in jack-of-all Dark Elf. On normal, the game is generally too easy for my character, but every time I think about turning the setting up a notch, elder dragons slap my shit hard and put me in my place. You should probably prioritize a trip up to the mage's college in Winterhold. I had set this as my goal at the start but the game sidetracked me away from it for 20 levels :lol:

Now i feel like creating a female character and see if i can marry a bum.

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

so far i bought all the destruction books from the Jarl's court mage in Whiterun, i ignored the Rune books, just because they don't seem that cool to me.

also, i'm level 4, i completed "First Lesson" from the College of Winterhold, i'm recognized by the Greybeards as Dragonborn, and i proved to Delphine that i can kill a dragon, so she should shut her damn mouth. :D

one more thing, i have 2 Dragon souls absorbed, what do i do with them? :/