The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I did a Nord male. So far I haven't sided with the Empire on any of my 6 runs. (after all, they did try to kill me)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I did a Nord male. So far I haven't sided with the Empire on any of my 6 runs. (after all, they did try to kill me)

I sided with them once for the sake of completion. I felt bad. They just don't kick ass like Stormcloaks and that General Tullius(?) just seems like such a pansy. :/

Retired Forum Moderator

Been around a month and a half since my copy became unplayable. Bethesda is saying the update to fix it will come "some time this month". Here's hoping it comes with an official apology and some sort of compensation.

Been around a month and a half since my copy became unplayable. Bethesda is saying the update to fix it will come "some time this month". Here's hoping it comes with an official apology and some sort of compensation.

some sort of compensation.

dxBHvqU7PCs

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

OZ_zt2j0N9E

Awesome. Downloading that song now... lol

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I still cant get over the fact that you cant start skyrim from the disk.. Why not?! Is there any reason not to have this?! Why does bethesda agree to have skyrim on steam?! It would have been ok if you had to register, but didnt have to be online in order to play A SINGLEPLAYER ONLY GAME!!! What the fuck people?! What the fuck!

"Life sucks sober!"

No, everyone, stop! Get out while you can!

I got this for Christmas. At first, I thought, "Meh. I'll play it every now and then when I'm not playing Halo or TF2" but when I booted it up...I CAN'T STOP. HELP ME.

It's not so much that I like the game, as it is that I'm married to it. There was a burning fire early in our relationship, but as time went on, I started realizing more of her flaws that I didn't before. But then we make up and everything is fine. Only time will tell...

I'm a level 49 Imperial who specializes in stealth, thievery and archery. At this point, the game is too easy--even on Master difficulty. Once I get all the achievements, I'm going to start a new character, maybe a Breton, and try to be a mage character next time. Of course, I'll still specialize in sneak; it's by far the best specialty in the game. With the Silent Assassin perk, I killed the Staff of Magnus wizard guy in about three swipes. Giants die in about two swipes.

So, I want to be a Mage. Any tips?

Keep buying new spells, spells don't level with you in Skyrim so unless you stay on top of it then you're going to die a lot past level 30.

No, everyone, stop! Get out while you can!

I got this for Christmas. At first, I thought, "Meh. I'll play it every now and then when I'm not playing Halo or TF2" but when I booted it up...I CAN'T STOP. HELP ME.

It's not so much that I like the game, as it is that I'm married to it. There was a burning fire early in our relationship, but as time went on, I started realizing more of her flaws that I didn't before. But then we make up and everything is fine. Only time will tell...

I'm a level 49 Imperial who specializes in stealth, thievery and archery. At this point, the game is too easy--even on Master difficulty. Once I get all the achievements, I'm going to start a new character, maybe a Breton, and try to be a mage character next time. Of course, I'll still specialize in sneak; it's by far the best specialty in the game. With the Silent Assassin perk, I killed the Staff of Magnus wizard guy in about three swipes. Giants die in about two swipes.

So, I want to be a Mage. Any tips?

Go to the College in Winterhold, but make sure you have the Firebolt spell before you get there.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Does anyone happen to know a mod that gives you infinite perk points or just straight up gives you the perk when you reach the required level?

I think the whole perk point system is just stupid, if I reach a certain level I want to get my reward for it right away and not have to wait until I level up.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does anyone happen to know a mod that gives you infinite perk points or just straight up gives you the perk when you reach the required level?

I think the whole perk point system is just stupid, if I reach a certain level I want to get my reward for it right away and not have to wait until I level up.

I agree somewhat. Once you get to level 40~ perk points become extremely rare, because you're leveling up so infrequently. It reaches the point where you simply can't expect to fill perk trees any more, because leveling takes too long.

The problem is that on Master, if you don't have armor, you die pretty quickly. How do mages stay alive? Wards seem kind of useless, IMO.

Run and spam to kill swordsmen, use wards against other mages, ninja dodge the arrows from the archers.

Kinda worked for me, in the harder fights you can hide behind an ally and use healing spells on him while he does all the fighting.

Against dragons you are kinda fucked if you gonna go mage-only, you dont start with long-ranged magic attacks and most of them travel really slow.

If everything else fails, just buy a ton of magicka potions, use armor instead of robes, and try using low-magicka expending spells (in case you dont have the required magicka for the more advanced).

The problem is that on Master, if you don't have armor, you die pretty quickly. How do mages stay alive? Wards seem kind of useless, IMO.

Stoneflesh and similar spells basically ramp up your armor value for 30-60 seconds. Those are very useful in combat.

Stoneflesh and similar spells basically ramp up your armor value for 30-60 seconds. Those are very useful in combat.

D'oh, forgot to mention those.

Ok so Im currently a lvl 9 Khajit assassin mixed with mage. Does anyone know what sneak perks to fill? And should I lvl up smithing so I can make better armour? (I currently have. Nightingtale armour)

"Life sucks sober!"