Source engine rant + Freeman's Mind update

Sign in to follow this  

we don't fault you for taking your time and doing a good job.

Maybe you tend to overcomplicate the tunnel. I absolutely love the CP episodes, particularly aliens, friday and on a rail - and you created those with much less problems, right?. CP does not need to have epic graphics, it's your ideas that make it work.

We all appreciate more Civil Protection, but giving a little Freeman's Mind is great to tide us over. Not to mention give you something slightly easier to do.

Hopefully, you'll continue this pattern in the future. Probably a Civil Protection every few Freeman's Mind.

ARG! ye be doin' fine thar matey!

animation be indeed the devils hand when it be coming to time!

Whatever, i know when it is done i'll laugh my ass off and it will have been worth the wait.

gawd the source engine is a pile of shit its bug after bug

issue after issue

(no I'm not saying I hate hl2 or any other valve game)

take your time man,i dont mind waiting for a great episode

Anonymous at 12:52:10: No, but it's the longest episode I've done so far, so just the length draws out the time involved. All those other episodes had a lot of problems as well. The difference was I didn't have hundreds of people asking for more Freeman's Mind episodes when I was working on them. Also I'm getting frustrated overall because I have so many ideas I want to manifest and they just keep backing up.

I'm not going for fantastic graphics, but the more crude the animation looks, the more it breaks immersion and loses the impact. That's the only reason I'm concerned with it. The graphics are NOT fantastic in this one, I'm aiming more for animation quality that's not so bad it doesn't make you do a double-take.

Mind O' Freeman Number Twenty-and-Eight!

try using python or Perl to smooth out some bugs, it may help... Either way though, animation is hard to do regardless (I wonder if this is why HL2 ep3 isn't out yet...). Do what you need to do, the true fans will stay with you regardless of how long the wait, the ones along for the ride/trolling will get bored eventually and go away

Quality has its price. Through the wait is long the end product is worth it. In this case, the end product is the best Halflife machinima that exists.

sry about the setbacks. i'm excited about the new FM though. good luck to ya anyway.

Hurray! Take your time! Quality over quantity ^_^

Cool, I know I don't need to say this but, quality over quantity.

God speed!

Whatever you do, you'll always beat HL2 Episode 3 and Black Mesa Source, so don't worry!

And the sheer quality of your work speaks for itself, so there's no need for you to explain yourself.

Keep it up!

I recently found myself playing Portal on a Pentium 4 based system, the hardware scalability of the source engine is immense, but you have to trade those capabilities in for such a primitive coding structure. Probably why a single animation takes so much effort to produce. Its understandable why applications such as GMod are so popular with other artists.

Fuck Computers. I think Ill stick with this law student thing....

LBT, UK

You should try the CryEngine editor. It's rather easy to learn and to do animations, and they can be done in real time (no compiling).

thanks alot for the update ross, don't work yourself to hard . can't wait to see the new CP and FM episode though. now that The Pacific will be over( on sunday) what other quality shows can we watch but CP and FM? :-o

hope everything goes well. certainly don't mind waiting.

on a side note, was browsing a chinese site similar to youtube and found that a few Freeman's Mind episodes were there(no Chinese subtitles though)

Chris

It sucks that it isn't going so smooth for you. I'd have given up personally. But I can wait. And I know it will be good.

And I think it's kind of funny when you use Freeman's Mind as a pacifier. It's not a bad thing, but it's kind of funny.