Hobbies

Sign in to follow this  

You might want to try a compound bow instead of a recurve... You would probly have an easier time with the bow weight. (a 35lb compound is roughly equivalent to a 25lb recurve for the pull, but much better arrow performance)

As for the range... Rich people do whatever they can to make everyone else become unarmed, especially guns, but bows as well. Fortunately my area's range is on government land, and no rich people can get rid of it. (if there were any rich people around)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

It's actually not a recurve, but a traditional longbow. Appropriately named "The Stick"

stick.jpg

But I may give a compound a shot. I've just always not much liked using them because I felt the bow itself was more in control than I was. If I do I'd probably leave off all the sights and stabilizers. For now at least.

Retired Forum Moderator

Actually, start with the sights, and then remove them once you get the feel for it. I personally never liked the stabilizers, as they never actually helped me in any way. (they're mainly for when you want to change your bullseye to a pinwheel)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.