FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 28

Sign in to follow this  

Ross Scott has a Zombie Plan!!!! Awesome

If only people weren't so afraid of nuclear power. It could last us thousands of years.

Ah, now that makes very good sense as a purpose to FM. I know everyone else will disagree with me but I wouldn't mind that becoming the actual case if it makes CP easier to produce for you. Nice to know someone is helping you out with things and I do like the audio graph. It's a nice insight to the mechanics of the show for those of us that know little to nothing about this kind of process. Similarly I like the idea of the chart illustrating the steps you take.

And now to enjoy the episode of FM which I'm sure will be excellent as ever.

Ross thanks for all the time and effort you've put into CP and FM. I've been an avid follower of your work for 3 years now and love the quality of the series! Just wanted to let you know that the WMV download link seems to be broken for me. Thanks again!

- Ben M.

You sir, have the most epic voice ever.

'nuff said

Waiting sure paid off. This has to be one of the best ones.

I'm paranoid too. I trust almost no one. But if a zombie apocolypse does happen, could I join your group of survivors?

Hooray! Keep up the magnificent work.

50 years is a very optimistic number in my opinion. Keep in mind that major oil exporters artificially inflate their statistics on oil reserves to raise their export quotas and sell more. Also current economical and social situation promotes consumerism, growth and endless expansion wich continues to increase demand. Serious changes in basic economy and social policies, possibly birth control, are required to slow the consumption down and bide our time long enough to implement alternative power solutions.

hell yeah! i simply love your work, thanks for everything that you do just for our entertainment ^^

To all the naysayers talking that there's so much more oil left/there are other energy sources or that people will adjust. You obviously either dismiss anything you deem too extreme or simply don't take into account such a things like rising cost of extraction, conversion and transportation of this crap and terrible consequences those costs have on just about EVERYGODDAMNTHING around you. As for other energy sources... what energy sources? Because of oil companies(and related car companies etc.) influence, development of natural energy production is very slow and requires oil-related things to make it work. Nuclear energy? Forget it. Thanks to all the people concerned about the enviroment(and not knowing shit about it) we have very slow development in this section for more than 40 years already. Sure, nuclear powerplants are more efficient than back then but how MUCH safer are they! Yup, people made very safe powerplants. They are so fucking safe it's more lucrative to attack a refinery with a metal saw and alone. Too bad that all this safety cost so much that no one will be able to afford additional 20-30 powerplants to make up for the oil. And for the last: only some people will even WANT to adjust. You live in fantasy world if you think that people will change their cars for carriages pulled by horses.

Of course, this rant above is just my reaction to naysayers. I don't think there'll be any gigantic crisis happening so rapidly. The effects of the crisis also won't be soo apocalyptic as some people may think. Simply lots of rioting, empty stores and power outtages.. and then war. Yeah, that's very optimistic ;D

Also, Ross Scott: I just finished watching this movie you mentioned. It DOES makes sense as opposed to many other movies I stumbled upon. Especially the China part. Whole planet will be fucked if they stop making stuff for the rest of us. I would like to advice you to watch a certain footage on youtube featuring Detroit ghetto.. I'll see if I can find it quickly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6WKMNmFsxM <- when the crisis come, something like that may become of most of suburbia in USA.

Awesome Episode

About the peak oil crisis.

You should look into Hydrogen Fuel Cell cars and generators, they're the future. no fossil fuels used or pollution and can apparently reach 100 mph. I read that current manufacture costs are high, but should go down with mass production.

Don't worry, world's economy will collapse LOOOONG before oil shortages kick in.

Great episode! Looking forward to CP!And FM 29..and 30..and 31...32...33..34....You get the idea!

YES!!! I love this stuff.

Yay, it's like an early Christmas present, I will be checking it now, Thnx Ross Scott!

woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot sry i mean great episode and also freeman lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for your awesome work Ross.

Also about your fear of the peak oil crisis, look into the Zeitgeist Movement, they have some pretty good ideas going on there. ^^

~Peace

Heh, hurray for the ignition of oil debat-ion! This stuff is pretty interesting, I should

definitely learn more. Luckily I have a lot of sub-urban, isolated areas very near me

so I will be fine in the event of a zombocalypse. Thanks a lot for the kind words, Ross.

fllthdcrb:

Yep, it's exactly what it looks like. Though the manual movement of the balancing, nor anything

in the balancing, is the hard part.

Anonymous at 07:14:35:

Heh, thanks, but that position isn't very hard and the voice work and writing is no doubt far

superior to it.

Its funny because we can squeeze out oil from algae and use it exactly like fossil fuels, only the algae oil burns clean...

Essentially we have around fifty years before all oil reserves become obsolete for our consumption rate, less if we use more, more if we use less. It's inevitable because we aren't finding new fulfilling reserves and other alternatives are useless due to the fact that the economic profit would become obsolete in harvesting and producing the oil, like with the tar sands in Canada.

Ross, i know I'm being the whiny little 14 year old I am but how much longer until tunnel, not necessary to answer but I was dying here without this Freemen's mind episode.