Accursed Farms for Competitive TF2

Sign in to follow this  

Just wondering if, when the holidays roll around and I get a new PC, if any of you guys would be interested in making a 6v6 and/or Highlander squad for competitive play. Who plays what class can be figured out later on, but I wanted to see how many people were interested.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Well, I'm not the best in group coordination, if WoW arena has taught me anything. I can play off a situation when I see it occurring(like setting up a the enemies to look at me when our spy is going for the kill, etc), but the moments orders are given to me, my skill level drops.

Retired Forum Moderator

I've had this idea for a while... +rep. :mrgreen:

I'd be game for a 6v6 or a Highlander, but it all depends on when; I'm often too occupied with other matters for TF2.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

If I get a new GPU by that time I'll be glad to be the spy in a highlander team ^^. I could also be a decent medic, those are my strong classes

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I'm decent at all the competitive classes, but I'm best at Scout. I have good analyzation skills and pretty good at playcalling, so I would make a good Medic for competitive purposes. If your not good at orders, Rarity, you could do Scout. You and your Scout buddy just have to be able to work together. Tye only orders I would think you would be given from a Medic would be "Come to Mid and help work on this combo."

@Epsilon, most matches are scheduled before the season starts, I believe, so you can hopefully conform your schedule around it. As far as practicing is concerned, whenever you aren't busy.

Also, my buddy gamecrazed1 on steam has a dedicated server he runs from his PC, so I could probably ask him to see if we could set up scrimages there.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I think I could play Scout, Sniper, and Medic decently, but nothing else.

Regarding orders, I don't know if I'd make a good "captain."

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

You could probably be our scout then. If you're good at Sniper you'd be great for a 6v6 offclassing Scout.

Well, I'm not Div 1. material at Sniper... I get the occasional close range twitch headshot, but I'm not JH or Bloodsire.

Practice makes perfect my good friend. I wasn't counting on going Div. 1. I was just hoping we could make some waves in Opens and see where it goes from there.

If possible, I'd like to be one of the team's Scouts; I'm a bit rusty and Sniper isn't the class to play in such an event. :/

I'd do scout if I were to compete but I really don't think this is the place for me. :x

Retired Forum Moderator

Rarity, you said you were a decent Demo too. He has the most freedom of the heavy classes. Just trying to keep as many interested people as possible. Someone get a hold of ABG.

@Epsilon, that's fine. You'll only need Sniper when we're defending last or maybe Spire on Badlands. If Rarity doesn't want to ajd we don't find someone better than me for Scout, I'll be your buddy.

Well, if you want me on demo, and I happen to be free around the time's these go down, I may give it a shot. I've been playing him like crazy lately.

Though that means I may need to improve upon my sticky spam, doesn't it? :P

Retired Forum Moderator

Now THAT'S gonna take some practice. O_O I can sticky jump fine but their still not yet as precise and damage free as this guys'.

Retired Forum Moderator

Just remember there's no promise I'll be able to do this so don't carve it into stone. :P

Retired Forum Moderator

I've been getting much better at Demoman. I'd be happy to participate as Soldier, Demoman, Medic if this gets going.

I'd happily be a heavy in a highlander game, but I can also play soldier and scout (But those appear to be covered multiple times). I'm not sure how I'd really do against an entire team of decent players as heavy though I'm confident.

Tge way things look, I think we're going to have to have some tryouts for diffrent positions. Nobody but ABG and Eedobaba have signed up for 6v6 soldier, so here's how I see the teams:

Scouts: Rarity*/Me/Epsilon

Demo: Eedobaba/ Rarity*

Soldiers:ABG/Eedobaba

Medic: Me/Eedobaba/Luis*

*Luis and Rarity aren't definites.

For a highlander team:

Scout:Me

Soldier:

Pyro:

Demo:Eedobaba

Heavy: ABG

Engineer:

Medic:Rarity (Because he has a lot of experience pocketing ABG)

Sniper:Epsilon

Spy: Luis

This, however is EXTREMELY preliminary.

And ABG, I wouldn't worry about taking on a bunch of decent players, cuz you'll have teammates all around protecting you. I was thinking we could play a Ninja heavy/Spy teamwork thing, where the Heavy distracts enemies with his High-Value-Targetness and the spy creeps in unnoticed and chainstabs. I don't like the idea of Heavy/Medic comboing, but I do want the heavy to have a good team incorporation.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)