Accursed Farms for Competitive TF2

Sign in to follow this  

And Fluttershy: How much competitive experience do you have? You seem very experienced from how you organize this and how you form your strategies.

I do not have much experience in TF2 other than dedicating myself to ExTelevision's channel, CommFT. My friends and I once had a Bad Company 2 competitive league, so that's all the experience. Plus, I can be very professional as far as leadership and organization is concerned when I dedicate myself to something. This whole thing is actually a major incentive for myself. I'm normally lazy with my schooling, and I rarely go for the incentives my dad gives me to do well. But this time, he's offered me an HP of my choice if I get a 3.75 GPA or higher for the first semester. Now that I have something that depends on that computer, I've obligated myself to do well and get work done so as not to disappoint you guys. This is something I want badly, and I NEVER let a friend down, so I've been going all out on school so far. All A's and B's now. :D

And as far as your pyro-ing is concerned, I've got an idea where we can team you up with either me as scout or Michael Archer as Sniper. If Michael gets better at headshots, me and you will work in tandem. You light people up and I scattergun them down. It's a pretty mobile teamup that should work well. You could also help out Eedobaba as demo to airblast people into sticky traps. I'll list all my strategies later, when I have more time. Gotta study right now :)

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Interesting... I think a Pyro-Engineer combo could work, as well; stand in an inconspicuous area and try to bait and/or CB the enemy into the Sentry.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I'm willing to play a few games and maybe a tournament, but after that I'm not so sure. I was playing on a Valve server when lo and behold who should join but some guy I've never heard of? http://steamcommunity.com/id/themedik

He's apparently competitive but I wasn't really impressed. Him and three other (also competitive) friends all went on the same team and got some high scores. Not a huge feat with three others on a server almost devoted to new players.

All in all competitive play feels like it would ruin TF2 for me. People on public servers hate you, they either think you don't (or you actually don't which would seem likely) have a life and playing casually for fun would be more difficult. It reminds me of the Pony Fortress server. I would play on it and have fun every so often, but once I learned there was a leader board I started checking. I eventually played my way up to 17th but I couldn't keep up with the top players. I wouldn't play just for fun with pointless loadouts and even when I was super srs bsnss I wouldn't have fun. I'm not going to let that happen to TF2 as a whole.

I like the idea of having a "Terrible Trio" Soldier/Heavy/Medic make a walking fortress. The Demo can do his own thing, coming back for heals. We could have a combat engi provide cover for our Sniper. I think Michael should either go Jarate or Razorback, cuz he'll be a big target for spies. Luis might be able to do some work with me and you, Epsilon. We bait and Luis is waiting for a corner-stab, turn-stab, or stair-stab. I'm seeing it as 3 groups of 3.

Steady Push: Moves forward at a good constant rate, using heavy classes and the healer: Soldier/Heavy/Medic

Behind the Lines Harassment: Cause havoc in the backfield, working in tandem to pick off High Value Targets: Pyro/Scout/Spy

Support and Insurance: Provide a backup for team wipes so we don't lose a point when we get beat: Engineer/Sniper/Demo*

*The Demoman will do his own thing but plant Sticky Traps at choke points that he detonates when our Engi/Sniper squad calls for it.

For ABG, you don't have to flaunt your competitive play. If the game gets less fun for you and you want to retire, I can definitely respect that. I don't want anyone thinking of this game the way I think of Call of Duty. My friend James is a good Heavy that we can fall back on. It's all good.

To add to this long-ass post, methinks I will post something like this for you guys to view over at your own leisure. If the NFL dies it, why shouldn't we?

l2U1gjl4kuA

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

So alphabetagamma won't be our team's Heavy for sure?

ihasamega1286270479743490781.jpg

Fluttershy: Competitive videos. Me gusta.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

You don't have to be one of those elitist snobs; in fact, I'm pretty sure one of the nicest guys I know has played in an ESEA tournament and done good.

I've had the amazing opportunity to play with eXtine and Carnage once. They're really cool guys. They play to win in competitives, but they have a good time doing it. And when they go pubbing, nobody hates them for it, cuz they don't brag.

I once sniped against a member of Auto Aim. He was pretty awesome; I only managed to kill him once or twice.

It's important to to fix our class roles; we need to be able to change to fit the situation. Sometimes we'll need two Medics, sometimes we'll need three Heavies or two Spies.

I can headshot pretty well, actually. My bodyshots are quite lethal as well. I can use the Sydney Sleeper if you want me to. Would you prefer for me to use the regular rifle?

I don't understand where you're coming from. We can only have one of each player in a highlander match. As for your sniping, the Sydney Sleeper may have been banned fir Comp. Play, because in that scene, it is ridiculously OP. I like the idea of having headshots though, so I'd prefer the regular rifle, but if you can do more with the SS and it's not banned, by all means.

http://www.ugcleague.com/rules_tf2h_season2.cfm That's the link to the Highlander rules.

And here are the Weapon/Item restrictions:

Weapons

Settings: no crits, no damage spread

Unlockables: - No polycount complete sets, no hats for sets with hats.

- No Full Class Set Bonuses from Item Sets

- No Unusuals Hats

- Fall Season excluded:

1. Reserve Shooter

2. The Enforcer

3. Cow Mangler 5000

4. Machina

5. Detonator

6. No Strange Weapons

7. Additional exclusions pending UGC Test Team.

Any new weapons released during the course of a season are NOT allowed, unless ok'd by admins & team leaders.

Fluttershy: Speaking of weapons, what loadout do you consider best for highlander Pyro? I usually use Degreaser, Flare Gun, and Axtinguisher/Postal Pummeler, but I believe the Degreaser is banned in a lot of leagues.

All the banned weapons are above, and it says nothing about the Degreaser, unless they ban it in the upcoming season. Degrease it up, bro. Backburner works good too, but Degreaser would probably be good for our harrassment strategy. Quick switch to Axetinguisher and easy kills on medics, soldiers, etc.

Sounds good... would you recommend the flare gun or the shotgun? I can aim decently with both.

With that new flare gun crit buff, that's definitely better, especially with the idea that our squad is based on quick kills to take down enemies before they can react, considering we're all relatively weak classes.

Notice: My friend I mentioned before has joined the forums. He is very happy to be ABG's backup and team cheerleader :D

Alright... so Degreaser, Flare Gun, and Postal Pummeler/Axtinguisher?

If this involved something other than one of my favorite classes in one of my favorite games, I'd be sort of irritated at how many pony videos you can find to respond to questions.

But I'll admit: I set myself up for it. :)

Also, regarding Snipers, do they ever use the Machina or HM in comp.?

Check the banned weapon list I posted before you ask questions (not trying to be a dick, but it's there for you to reference)

Huntsman is rarely used in play because it is rather Underpowered. I never understood what the positive side of that weapon was. It's just fun to use.

D'oh... sorry; didn't see the Machina in the list.

I'm not terribly fond of the Huntsman, either. I was just wondering if any competitive players considered it viable.