Steve Jobs died

Sign in to follow this  

I've seen a lot of tasteful "Steve Jobs is Dead" jokes on the internet e.g. "the doctors don't know what killed him, all they know is that it wasn't a virus"

That being said, it's really a loss. Steve Jobs was motivated only by his own vision and effort. He was proud of every dollar he created and never denounced capitalism: the system that allowed him to create all of Apple's amazing products. As opposed to Warren Buffet and Bill Gates. In terms of virtue, Steve Jobs is a superior man to both those guys combined.

What I find amusing is all the cartoons depicting him in the Christian Heaven.

Jobs was a Buddhist.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Not really sure why this is put into the forum that covers events and subjects that are actually important/food for thought. And I find it quite laughable how Jobs' death raised so much reaction but most media never even mentioned Ritchie's death in a so much as a small side-column.

I bet Jobs is in the afterlife saying to us rhetorically "So iDied, so maccing what? Sheesh.".

But rest in peace Steve, whether you're Steve Jobs, one of the founders of Apple or Steve Doe, the guy down the street in some random neighbourhood in some random English speaking country, your deaths are equally sad and my thoughts go out to your families who experience emotional pain during that difficult time.

John McCarthy has died on Monday. He invented LISP (the World's first functional programming language), some conventions and he started to create artificial intelligences. And many other things couldn't be here today without his work (cloud systems for example).

Rest in peace.

"It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own."

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 61 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.