Steve Jobs died

Sign in to follow this  

Even if I'm not an Apple supporter, it's a sad day for the entire computing industry...

Steve Jobs with his Macintosh computers helped popularise the use of a graphical user interface as opposed to using DOS commands, something which spawned the massively popular Windows OS for PC's, something he should be credited for.

A sad day for sure, even if you don't like apple steve jobs was a competition and therefore drive and motivation for microsoft to do better.

Also his phones are pretty good.

I don't know much about what he did with the money of profits of many his overpriced products so I can't say much about that.

One thing that's bothering me.

What's with north american celebrities and cancer?? They seem to get it more often then the rest of the world...

I didn't believe you for a second. Oh my god.

This is a sad day. He really was the John Galt of our world; he a visionary who created wealth from nothing. He was one of the few productive billionaires who took pride in the money he made and never denounced capitalism.

Excuse me while I cry into my Apple pillow.

What's with north american celebrities and cancer?? They seem to get it more often then the rest of the world...

I think it's just that in the rest of the world, generally something else kills you first.

(I've heard that statistically, if you live long enough, you WILL get cancer. That's probably not too much of an exagerration.)

In reality, the US is one of the best places to have cancer, if you're going to get it. Despite what is said about our health care system, our health care ITSELF is second to none.

Hipsters are in mourn over the death of their God, Steve Jobs. The creator of their iPods, iPads and Macbook Pros. May he rest in the "underground."
Edited by Guest

Yes, I heard about this. Well I am a PC, but I understand this man's impact on our technology, he did humanity a solid.

Yes, I heard about this. Well I am a PC, but I understand this man's impact on our technology, he did humanity a solid.

Implying that Steve Jobs did the technical work and not Steve Wozniak.

I remember watching his speech about how to live before you die. It's actually helped me a lot. Check it out here:

UF8uR6Z6KLc

R.I.P.

This man revolutionized computers and not enough people credited him for it. He was a great man, greater than some are willing to admit, and now he's gone.

RIP Steve Jobs. And thank you for what you've done through out your life.

I was just looking at the Dev-Team blog. That's how gentlemen behave.

And you know what?

Sent from my iPad 2

They're just reported on. The crap they do (smoke, drink, eat shit food, do drugs) probably doesn't help.

I am sorry to see him go....and I feel kind of bad, I made some jokes with people about him...and now he is gone

RIP Steve

Dennis M. Ritchie died too. He was the inventor of the C programming language and the Unix operating system. There wouldn't be Apple or Microsoft and any C programming related systems, languages without his work. And of course there wouldn't be Unix like systems nowadays. He was a great developer and programmer.

Steve Jobs was a good presenter and a great CEO. He might had became a synonym for Apple (and many people blamed him for what the company was doing and acting in the market and their weird patent policy) but as a person he had elevated and so human thoughts (right now I'm referring to his speech at the Stanford University in 2005).

Rest in peace Steve and Ritchie. Both of you did major changes in the history of informatics which is part of our main history.

#include 

int main()
{
printf("Goodbye dad.\n");
return 0;
}

#include 

int main(void)
{
       printf("Goodbye World.");
       return ;
}