Signatures getting removed

Wasn't it a large majority that was sending him complaints about image sizes in the first place? Seems like restoring them with no restrictions would just start the whole problem over again.

I didn't say with no restrictions. I said I just wanted images back. And I'm convinced it was the same people complaining repeatedly, which gets on anybody's nerves. It might have been a large group, but was it a majority? If you have an opinion, vote in the poll. Even though Ross is supreme overlord, I think we should at least make an attempt at democracy.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Was under the impression that they couldn't do restrictions after attempting to.

I voted "indifferent" in the poll. Also, there's no democracy on a forum. It isn't us members that have to make all the decisions, deal with the issues, enforce all the rules, get the complaints, etc.

I understand that, but if Ross is OKAY with the idea of democracy, then he can change it back or keep it the same depending on the poll.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

This is the part where I roll my eyes.

I have an idea. Just need to find it.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Well, the topic is Signature removal and Ross doesn't seem to want to reverse & improve the situation.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wont really miss the pics, But the whole thing with the MLP pics is that they are probably Bronies (grown person who likes MLP) and there isnt anything wrong about that, I like text sigs so....do whatever

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

I don't think anyone really thinks there's something wrong with people who like a show, it's more the massive amounts of pics in threads where it's off topic.

This is how I see it:

A brony posts a pony picture relavent to the topic/post they're replying to

Somebody gets mad because of the picture, rants about it, therefore causing a thread derail

Who's the one really de-railing anything here?

Also known as "Username"

The issue here is not posts themselves, it's signatures. Please try and stay on topic.

I have to say I agree with Ross. Even if people like the show, they have to respect that this forum is not about that show, so when a majority of users have pony signatures and avatars, then I begin to question what they are doing here in the first place if they only come here to promote a show that has nothing to do with Ross Scott's work.

I have the general notion most of these "bronies" on the forum only are here to discuss MLP and the MLP fandom even in threads that have nothing to do with these subjects.

I can respect you keeping it to a general thread but the whole reason signature images got banned was because the large images (and not ONLY pony images, mind you) kept interrupting the thread flow.

It's okay if you like the show, but I would've preferred if people had more personalized signatures that didn't just have overblown images with ponies in them. It feels kind of like the "bronies" try so hard to distance themselves from the "non-bronies" that they end up losing all their personality in the process. I can hardly remember who anyone of them are anymore aside from Alphabetagamma after they changed their names to stuff like Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash or Pinkie Pie.

Not trying to sound like a bitch or anything here, I respect that people have common interests. But it's this type of extreme fandomism that can really f*** up a forum that has nothing to do with it in the first place. The worst thing is that I bet most of you already know that a lot of people feel enraged when you force your interests on them, and you do it solely for the sake of trolling. And as you know, that's unacceptable.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Well, I don't think anyone is trying to "promote" the show. The avatars/signatures/name are more to show their love for the show. The same way many people here have Half-Life related avatar's/signatures/names. And I do see what you mean by that Bronies come here merely to discuss MLP. But lets be honest, Ross doesn't release FM or CP episodes that often(not hating on you Ross, just stating facts). So there only is that much to talk about any AF videos until we have to wait for a new one to come out. And to be honest, if you look at the Gaming Section, FFA section or the Serious Topic section it shows that we talk about a lot more than just MLP. While MLP is a subject among the forums, it isn't dominating it(like I've seen on other forums).

And for the signatures I still stand by my suggestion to turn off by default but give the choice to turn them back on.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It isn't dominating because the mods make sure it doesn't get dominating.

Then I don't really see what the problem about ponies is. :/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The problem for me is because I actually care about who these people are, and I don't want to have to refer to them as Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie and think of MLP characters when I think of them.

You could say I am also hiding a bit behind my online persona, but it's not based on anything in particular, just my inner self.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com