Hey hacker guy

Sign in to follow this  

Holy fuck.

What a fucking underage freaks exist on this planet!..

Arrrr, die sneaky hackers-fuckers, die!!

P.S. Don't give up Ross.

... Do my ears decieve me? Is the crappy music gone?

To: Anonymous at 10:53:58

We're all upset about this act of vandalism. It is natural that some of us might get heated. Thanks for pointing out my mistake with the IP address.

Don't worry about it, it is all cool.

- CrazedNighthawk

P.S. The music is gone! Yay!

I have to agree with Anonymous at 11:06:02. I used to admin an anime forum that was going strong, and had been for about 5 years. Then we got hacked and they deleted the entire site (which was so much worse then when I deleted the chat box). We rebuild and limped on for another year before the head admin decided to start over with a new site...

I would have hated to see that happen here. I practically live for Freeman's Mind (and RvB, but that doesn't matter here ).

Oh, and I never heard any music when I came by about an hour ago. I wonder why...

Ross, your analogy about the attack was wayyy different -- you should have wrote something like 'Its the equivalent of beating up a pile of shit' or 'its like taking candy from a cat!' whatever

fail hackers are fail. fuck them why don't they go hack the apple site or something if they want have some real cred.

If you don't mind me saying, the SQL injection probably happened in the comments or something similar. If I were you, I'd contact someone who's experienced in this to fix it - I can help if you need it. My email is @ scr.im/shank

The worst thing is that not only the SQL injection is still there but the info about it is publicly available at the above-mentioned forum. Ross, I highly recommend you to either make a back up of your DB or contact anyone you wish to and have the injection fixed. Because as we wait another kid may figure out how to use the hole and delete everything to have his own 5 minuted of fame.

The flag on their website is from India the song I believe is about pakistan, and Jai Hind means long live india. Well, I wonder what part of the world they are from (or support).

I was doing some research and some of these hacker guys are actually pretty

experienced. Not praising the hackers but they are really experienced.

-Atul Dwivedi is of Indian origin or is against Indian racism or both in Australia,

He hacked the Royal Australian Air Force and left a giant message saying

"Immediately take all measures to stop racist attacks against Indian students in Australia else I will pawn all your Cyber Properties like this one."

-:chipd#ackb0y hacked the American Academy of Physical Therapy and the IPPO website.

Leaving the same giant picture message as the one on this website saying to improve their security.

"Shame on your security, Make it strong!"

Couldn't find anything on MX MACK though, Possibly he's extremely discreet with his hacking or he doesn't

exist. I'm going with discreet.

-Kinda really impressive.

Everyone! We have their location! If your close go to their house and beat them up!

I hope you realize that since these are highly experienced hackers. That not might not even be

their real address. For all we know, They could've hacked the servers to say they live there.

Videocard update

Hey, an update on the videocard situation:

My cooler came in, only for me to discover that my old videocard was already fried, it started giving me graphics corruption right after POST. The good news is viewer Collin Campbell has sent me an 8400 GS to tide me over. This card has all the same graphics capabilities of my old card, it's just way, way slower. However, I'm able to keep working with this card, and I've been doing so. I won't be doing any gaming with a card like this, but that's probably just as well since I'm so far behind. I've also had offers for donating more midrange cards from viewers John Stokes and Joshua Nicholson which I'll be happy to accept. I've been wanting to build a secondary system for a while in case my main one gets hosed like this, so the old cards will go into that once I upgrade. I probably will buy a new card at some point, but I want to wait until I've finished all the animation work for the next Civil Protection episode as an extra incentive.

On that topic, progress is moving steadily, but very slow. I feel bad too because this one isn't going to be the most impressive visually, you'll probably watch it and wonder why it took so long to make. This once again, comes down to the Source engine. If you saw a scene where the metrocops walk down a tunnel, stop, look around, then keep walking, making turns all the while, how long do you think that would take? Maybe 30 minutes right? No. With the long trial-and-error testing process and the downright mystical bugs I have to fight, it takes days. And this is when I already have the map files, custom animations, and models that I already need. Some scenes move more quickly than others, others are more visually impressive for the time involved, but a lot of what's done is very simple visually, with it being a nightmare behind the scenes.

I'm absolutely going to finish this episode, though I may make another sacrificial FM episode in the meantime to tide people over. Once I finish this episode however, I think this is the last big CP episode I'll do under the Source engine. I have ideas for much simpler ones after this, plus I have no plans to discontinue the series, but it's possible down the line I may try and port the content over to a more animation-friendly engine down the line. Although this is probably good news for the majority of you, since I can just keep making Freeman's Mind episodes after this until the technology or resources catches up for me to work on something more ambitious.

115 Comments Posted by Ross Scott at 12:57:49

2010-06-09Can't take the heat

Hey people, some bad news. My videocard (Geforce 8800 GTS) is pretty consistently overheating. I tried to borrow a cheap one so I could keep working (Radeon X300 SE), but then THAT keeps overheating as well (to be fair that one doesn't even have a fan, just a heatsink). Even though my case air flow is pretty good and I have an air conditioner running keeping the room in the mid 70s, this is definitely a heat problem. Besides video artifacts and system freezing in 3d applications, the heatsink on the Geforce has been getting so hot it can burn me.

I plan to order a custom cooler for the card since I don't have a lot of extra cash to be blowing on a new videocard, but what this means is for the time being I can't work on much of anything video-related because I risk the computer freezing up in 3D applications. So this means no animation work on Civil Protection, and no in-game footage for Freeman's Mind. I'll try and catch up on replying to emails and managing subtitles in the meantime.

EDIT:

Many people are offering to donate me money. That would be great, but I'm not doing that at this time for two reasons:

1. Having some sort of donate button requires modifications to the site, I don't know web programming and right now the person helping me modify the site has been very busy to get everything underway (there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff that needs fixing). I plan to follow up some emails from people who have contacted me about website before to hopefully get some stuff underway.

2. If you guys are donating, I want to have a little more to show for it. Basically get a bunch of minor improvements here working. Being able to browse old posts, a better commenting system, more subtitles, putting scripts up, alternate shots, having episodes available in more formats besides WMV, maybe director's commentary stuff, etc.

203 Comments Posted by Ross Scott at 16:16:52

dude ross, the mail thing was mine, not the hackers, im just a concerned fan who wants the free entertainment to keep up. i just sent the mail to give u advice of what u could do to avoid this crap of happening again, like for he 4-5 time i guess.

to hackers if readind: go fuck urselves

to people: support ross as u can and dont become hackers

to ross: try finding a cheap but more secure host

Google cache FTW:

Can't take the heat

Hey people, some bad news. My videocard (Geforce 8800 GTS) is pretty consistently overheating. I tried to borrow a cheap one so I could keep working (Radeon X300 SE), but then THAT keeps overheating as well (to be fair that one doesn't even have a fan, just a heatsink). Even though my case air flow is pretty good and I have an air conditioner running keeping the room in the mid 70s, this is definitely a heat problem. Besides video artifacts and system freezing in 3d applications, the heatsink on the Geforce has been getting so hot it can burn me.

I plan to order a custom cooler for the card since I don't have a lot of extra cash to be blowing on a new videocard, but what this means is for the time being I can't work on much of anything video-related because I risk the computer freezing up in 3D applications. So this means no animation work on Civil Protection, and no in-game footage for Freeman's Mind. I'll try and catch up on replying to emails and managing subtitles in the meantime.

EDIT:

Many people are offering to donate me money. That would be great, but I'm not doing that at this time for two reasons:

1. Having some sort of donate button requires modifications to the site, I don't know web programming and right now the person helping me modify the site has been very busy to get everything underway (there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff that needs fixing). I plan to follow up some emails from people who have contacted me about website before to hopefully get some stuff underway.

2. If you guys are donating, I want to have a little more to show for it. Basically get a bunch of minor improvements here working. Being able to browse old posts, a better commenting system, more subtitles, putting scripts up, alternate shots, having episodes available in more formats besides WMV, maybe director's commentary stuff, etc.

Videocard update

Hey, an update on the videocard situation:

My cooler came in, only for me to discover that my old videocard was already fried, it started giving me graphics corruption right after POST. The good news is viewer Collin Campbell has sent me an 8400 GS to tide me over. This card has all the same graphics capabilities of my old card, it's just way, way slower. However, I'm able to keep working with this card, and I've been doing so. I won't be doing any gaming with a card like this, but that's probably just as well since I'm so far behind. I've also had offers for donating more midrange cards from viewers John Stokes and Joshua Nicholson which I'll be happy to accept. I've been wanting to build a secondary system for a while in case my main one gets hosed like this, so the old cards will go into that once I upgrade. I probably will buy a new card at some point, but I want to wait until I've finished all the animation work for the next Civil Protection episode as an extra incentive.

On that topic, progress is moving steadily, but very slow. I feel bad too because this one isn't going to be the most impressive visually, you'll probably watch it and wonder why it took so long to make. This once again, comes down to the Source engine. If you saw a scene where the metrocops walk down a tunnel, stop, look around, then keep walking, making turns all the while, how long do you think that would take? Maybe 30 minutes right? No. With the long trial-and-error testing process and the downright mystical bugs I have to fight, it takes days. And this is when I already have the map files, custom animations, and models that I already need. Some scenes move more quickly than others, others are more visually impressive for the time involved, but a lot of what's done is very simple visually, with it being a nightmare behind the scenes.

I'm absolutely going to finish this episode, though I may make another sacrificial FM episode in the meantime to tide people over. Once I finish this episode however, I think this is the last big CP episode I'll do under the Source engine. I have ideas for much simpler ones after this, plus I have no plans to discontinue the series, but it's possible down the line I may try and port the content over to a more animation-friendly engine down the line. Although this is probably good news for the majority of you, since I can just keep making Freeman's Mind episodes after this until the technology or resources catches up for me to work on something more ambitious.

crap, my computer keeps a saved html version of every site I go to, but I just cleared it last night cause the size of the file was starting to slow my computer down. well, I guess I know why they attacked. I can only provide reasons:

1: it was a cry for attention, cause they wanted to leave their mark on a popular site, so they'd be known as the "big bad guy who hacked a popular site".

2: it was some sort of initiation for some hacker gang.

in either case, they haven't deleted any videos (as far as I can tell), so I have to assume the hacker did this for some credentials, and wanted to do as little damage as possible to the site. seem's like this is just a hacker love bite to me. otherwise, all the images would be replaced with god knows what.

I know this has been stated before, but I seriously doubt that these are the "famous" hackers. As awesome as Accursed Farms is, why would they target it? It makes no sense. It's a couple of kids who want to seem impressive, most likely...

hey ross, if this hacking keeps up, i think u should return to CP.blogspot until u fix the problems and in the meantime, post everything in the blogspot site.

Sorry to hear about the hacking incident and the blown out hardware Ross. I know a lot of people have been saying this but you really should try to have a donation system put in place. You owe the people who support you nothing. They willingly follow and support you so the least they can do is give back.

You really should consider installing or updating your antivirus and anti-hacking software in case scenarios like this happen again.