What Game Got you Started???

Rayman 3, Pandemonium and Tomb Raider. All n-gage edition.

Never got past TR's level 2.

Maximum fuck about to be given in 3... 2... 1...

Tanks got me started my dad gave me the old Atari and said have at it. Gaming has become a hobby that I either love or hate LOL. But here I am still thriving in the gaming community.

Begone the fools that lead me I need not to know accept reclining spirit I need to endure You try to live a lifetime each and every day In this short time of promise you're a memory

After rediscovering my love for the Ape Escape series, I remember Ape Escape being one of my earlier video game memories and really got me into the PS1.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

The first "real" game I ever played was Age of Empires II, back in the day... I miss the AoE series, AoE III was decent in my eyes, but it lost some kind of charm that AoE II had. After that, the first FPS I played was Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. That was a pretty good multiplayer game, it still has a couple hundred people online today.

What got me started to play games...? Those were probably the first games I have ever played. Prince of Persia, Prehistoric and Lemmings. But what absolutely hooked me up, were my first strategies. Red Alert and Age of Empires. Boy, those were the days.

When fortune is blind, be a guide-dog.

Duke Nukem 1 was definitely the earliest gaming experience that I can remember. Probably why I am such a huge Duke Nukem fan today, I felt I grew up with him. Even before Duke Nukem 3D became popular, I knew who he was.

I also played a bit of BlackThorne, imagine PoP with a long-haired hunk with a shotgun and Orcs.

Wolfenstein 3D was also my first foray into FPS's and definitely made me interested in the genre as a whole. I later played Doom and Quake, of course.

On Super Nintendo which was the first and only game console I ever owned as a child, I played mostly Super Mario World, Starwing (Star Fox), X-Zone (Super Scope game), B.O.B. and Wario's Woods. But I was definitely always more of a PC gamer and after the SNES, I moved on to PC for good.

Today I own a NES, a SNES, a PS1, a N64 and even a Sega Megadrive, so I have definitely compensated a bit for the lack of consoles as a child. But at my heart, I will always remain a PC gamer. And Duke Nukem will always be the PC gaming icon for me.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Yes, BlackThorne, I almost forgot that! That was one great atmospheric game. Now where did I put my dosbox...?!

When fortune is blind, be a guide-dog.

The first "real" game I ever played was Age of Empires II, back in the day... I miss the AoE series, AoE III was decent in my eyes, but it lost some kind of charm that AoE II had. After that, the first FPS I played was Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. That was a pretty good multiplayer game, it still has a couple hundred people online today.

I used to play allied assault so much when I was younger. People still play?! I am installing right now...

"Life sucks sober!"

My earliest memories of gaming was sitting on my dad's lap, in front of a computer, at a families home (most likely my grandparents as the whole family was there) playing some sort of 2D game where you were King Kong (or a generic giant ape) smashing buildings.

As for what got me into gaming, I'm not really sure. Other early memories I have are being at my grandparent's home, in the basement, watching my brother and uncle playing Final Fantasy 7 for the first time, and then, with permission, playing it as well (under a different save file) with my aunt doing the voice work for the characters (back then I could read, just not as well).

I also recall playing Doom 1 & 2 at a young age (at home this time) on a computer, with a program of some sorts which allowed me to roam around the maps with no (scary) enemies (so I wouldn't have nightmares). As I got a little older, the program went away, in it's place, I used cheats, so I still had the enemies, but I couldn't die.

So I guess what really got me into gaming was Doom 1&2 even though the first video game that I played was Final Fantasy 7.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I got started with the original mario on the NES thanks to my inheritance of older siblings consoles.

What your not crazy too?

ha well lets just say that thanks to my parents believing that video games would make me a raging psychopath (although I was crazy nonetheless and I have pills for that) , every game I ever played (until I turned 15) was at least 10 or more years old and played on school computers I spent lots of time in my typing class playing doom.

What your not crazy too?

ha well lets just say that thanks to my parents believing that video games would make me a raging psychopath (although I was crazy nonetheless and I have pills for that) , every game I ever played (until I turned 15) was at least 10 or more years old and played on school computers I spent lots of time in my typing class playing doom.

I still play Doom today, and the good old DOS version too.

Duke Nukem 1 was definitely the earliest gaming experience that I can remember. Probably why I am such a huge Duke Nukem fan today, I felt I grew up with him. Even before Duke Nukem 3D became popular, I knew who he was.

Haha, lol the 2d version, I personally spent my time playing Dangerous Dave1,2,3, same genre yet more interesting/funny game (to me personally), I also played Goblins, and Sierra Quests, do you remember those? Before shooters, The 80's and early 90's I would say was completely dominated by Quests. Unfortunately Myst/Raven was the last famous Quest I knowm and that was 10 years ago. Unfortunately, I think today's generation don't even know what that genre means.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Haha, lol the 2d version, I personally spent my time playing Dangerous Dave1,2,3, same genre yet more interesting/funny game (to me personally), I also played Goblins, and Sierra Quests, do you remember those? Before shooters, The 80's and early 90's I would say was completely dominated by Quests. Unfortunately Myst/Raven was the last famous Quest I knowm and that was 10 years ago. Unfortunately, I think today's generation don't even know what that genre means.

And Leisure Suit Larry for those who were old enough at the time.

And Leisure Suit Larry for those who were old enough at the time.

Wasn't old enough but played it anyway. In fact I wasn't even born yet for the first few Leisure Suit Larry's, I may sound old by the games I describe I played but no, I just played these games in the late 90's, 2000's because in Ukraine classics were/are valued, and sold in cds containing up to 1000 classic dos games, in fact my first operating system was Windows 95, even though I know DOS all the way so yeah, anyway, damn, there was like, what 8 series of that game?

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I started Kotor 2, after two years of not playing it I finally wanted to remind the whole story again. And I failed. After I finished the Peragus level, I realised that I can still remember everything perfectly. I uninstalled it and now I'm waiting for next two years. Or more. Currently I don't play anything instead of TF2 and some Minecraft.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"