What Game Got you Started???

Half-Life, believe it or not. Played it a lot on my dad's computer when I was 6 or 7. My parents were the cool ones that never cared about the ratings on video game covers.

My Dad wouldn't let me play games with violence towards humans or guns in it until I was about 13. He still doesn't like me playing them... Even though he loves playing Carmageddon >_>

i used to vs. my mother in Kirby's Avalanche. she was damn good until i learned combos, i could get the triple red boulders if she wasn't fast enough to get off her combos, in the end it was roughly 50/50 between us.

my sister and I would have marathons of Super Mario Bros, I grew up with the SNES. i still want to play Super Metroid from time to time, it was my favorite game. i never did collect all of the suit enhancements...they knew how to hide them pretty well.

My parents absolutely hate games. They think its a waste of time. However my brothers love games so I guess that evens out the gamer/non-gamerness in the family.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I started out with an NES, that had Genghis Khan, Monopoly, Mario 1 and duck hunt, Time lord, Chip and Dale,Castlevania ,and I think a fighting game, I had that for years, the next step up was a Gamecube that came with mario cart double dash, and I later got Resident evil 1 remake for it, Kept that for like ever. Borrowed a N64 from a friend with conker on it, gave it back, got some Gameboys throughout all of these, with Pokemon games, I then got a Gameboy Color with Pokemon Yellow Pikachu edition. And then proceeded to play Final Fantasy 7 on PS1......thats about it...I think

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

SPORE, man it's so enjoyable.

But I think I'll go play Pray, I have it and I still haven't started it

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Doom-1-.gif

The music, the puzzles, the monsters... just AWESOME.

Then

dksplash.jpg

Used to play this one with my 3 cousins every weekend for like a year... It is still my favourite racing game next to Mario Kart : Double Dash (Gamecube).

bvHHb3H0TKbc9y6.jpg

I was like 5 or 6 when I got my first Game Boy Color... and I lost it with the Crystal cartridge on... I still regret it ):

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Final Fantasy 7 on my uncle's Playstation (would be years before we would get our own console).

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Some mailboy game for NES... You would ride a bike up a street and throw newspapers. Kinda pointless, but fun. My mom is obsessed with super mario, she played it more than I did...

"Life sucks sober!"

Some mailboy game for NES... You would ride a bike up a street and throw newspapers. Kinda pointless, but fun. My mom is obsessed with super mario, she played it more than I did...

Ah, Paperboy! Great game that.

Right Paperboy! It was a while since I played... And yes that game was good fun.

"Life sucks sober!"

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

As a consequence of this, I'm more tolerant to RPG elements in games that don't really need it, yet ironically hate the actual RPG genre with noticeable fervor.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.