What Game Got you Started???

I hate all JRPGs, so far... No exceptions. I hate turn-based games ( exceptions include Civ IV ). But I love ARPG's.

ME2, next will be probably Prey or Thief, but I have strange need to play HL2 once again.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Always used to watch my brother play Final Fantasy. I fell in love with FFVII, and many years later, when we got Halo: CE for the Xbox, it opened my eyes to the world of gaming. Other than that, I played a lot of Majora's Mask and Pokemon as a kid.

"Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, EVERYONE DIES!" - Gordon Freeman

Yeah, I'm sure JJT meant to post this in the "last game you played" thread.

Umm... Nope, I just started to play ME2 :?

Yeah, I'm sure JJT meant to post this in the "last game you played" thread.

Umm... Nope, I just started to play ME2 :?

Ah, you think this thread is "What game did you get started on recently" ?

It's a thread about what was the first game that got you into playing games.

wait... Oh sorry. Yeah, nevermind. Ignore my last posts here, please xD

My mistake

the first game that got me gameing alot was either, diablo 2, half-life, or Return to castle wolfenstein, and i've playd and still play those games to a great extent today, i playd on a 64 before then but i never really play'd on it much but the first games on there would be super mario, smash brothers, ect.

Some of my earliest gaming memories are of misc. arcade games, duck hunt and mario on an old NES and Street Fighter 2 on SNES, some of the 1st games I really got into playing for myself though were all N64, and playing the PS1 with my Dad. I got into shooters kinda late, mostly being a console gamer I couldn't really get ahold of a well done one until the 1st Halo. A lot of my childhood was spent with a gameboy in the back seat on a long car ride. God knows how many hours I sank into that Blue Version.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Some of my earliest gaming memories are of misc. arcade games, duck hunt and mario on an old NES and Street Fighter 2 on SNES, some of the 1st games I really got into playing for myself though were all N64, and playing the PS1 with my Dad. I got into shooters kinda late, mostly being a console gamer I couldn't really get ahold of a well done one until the 1st Halo. A lot of my childhood was spent with a gameboy in the back seat on a long car ride. God knows how many hours I sank into that Blue Version.

Did you hear the Lavender Town music in your nightmares too?

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I had long forgotten it, just youtubed it, and am now haunted by it, thank you Alyxx, you've just given me less reason to sleep than I already barely had. Being exhausted from classes and insomniatic (is that a word? lol) is the best combo ever btw.

Shadow_Lurker-template.jpg

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Just remembered Oregon Trail. Anyone else remember that?

175-oregon2.jpg

This image here is from a webcomic my brother-in-law makes.

All I remember from that game is a theif stealing 11 of my oxen in the night.

To this day I don't know how he did it, but I would like to assume he's best theif of all time.

Aww man, I remember playing that game back in grade school for an assignment. If I recall, my group somehow ended up reenacting the Donner party fiasco...

The original Super Smash Brothers for the N64. I would have my two neighbors come over, and we would play it all day. As we all grew up being near each other's ages, we would then play SSB Melee, and eventually SSB Brawl as they came out. Man I love that series.

The game experience is extremely enhanced if you have people to play it with.

As lame as it may sound, the Crash Bandicoot series was what got me started when I was 4, and everytime I've fallen off the gaming band wagon, its mainly been Naughty Dog that's got me back on.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/djhoneybadger/

I am one of 12 Jedi in the whole galaxy on the Jedi Council and today it's my job to get the pizza. Sure, yeah my parents, they're very proud.