What Game Got you Started???

Technically my first game was I Spy Spooky Mansion, a game that we got to go with the first family computer back in 2002. But I don't really count that since I had to do some googling to remember the proper title for it. What really got me stared was Midtown Madness 2, an open world driving game that I'm not sure if I want to know the number of hours I put into it way back when. I have so many fond memories of it, even if it did crash kind of often and had some funny glitches.

A rather embarrassing thing happened with the game when I was younger and dumber. I had switched the view from a 3rd person view to a first person view by accidentally hitting the key that toggled it. However, it didn't occur to em to investigate that sort of thing or maybe check the manual for key assignments. Instead, over the next several months I was like *ok guy* and just learned to live with it, accepting that this is what fate had dealt me and that the game would never return to a 3rd person view. I had even reinstalled the game a number of times to fix it. One morning I woke up to play it and found that it had magically been fixed. It turned out that my mom had called tech support about it and whoever was on the other end told her about the toggle key. The weird thing is, I didn't feel stupid or embarrassed over it. I felt like I had learned something and was excited over it. I was now hitting the view toggle key like a boss. However, 10 years later, I look back and think what the FUCK was I thinking?.

Anyway, because I had played Midtown Madness 2 so much, I had practically memorized the layout of San Francisco, one of the 2 cities in the game, and knew where all the landmarks were located relative to one another and the streets when my family took a trip there some years later.

Need for Speed: High Stakes

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

War of the Monsters.

I played that game so much you would have to be a god to beat me!

First game I ever played?

Hmm.. That would have to be a game called Raptor: Call of the Shadows. I played that game when I was like SIX.

Then after that, my friend begged me to play a Sonic game on his Dreamcast (SA2) Then I got hooked to it and got a Gamecube and got SA2: Battle.

Too bad I have to play it on my Wii now because JUST because my gamecube decided to shut off in the middle of the game, my friend thought it would be a nice idea to rage quit and give my gamecube a nice kick across the room. Smacks againist a wall and haven't been able to start it up ever since :(

Oh don't worry! I got him back a million times :twisted:

Wow! I didn't know we had a dam.

**BOOM**

HAD a dam.

Hmm.. That would have to be a game called Raptor: Call of the Shadows. I played that game when I was like SIX.

That sounds like the best game ever made. Please tell me where i can buy it, i will spend every last cent i have.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

That sounds like the best game ever made. Please tell me where i can buy it, i will spend every last cent i have.

EVEN BETTER YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT! just lookup Raptor: Call of the Shadows. There's like a billion websites you can download it from.

Wow! I didn't know we had a dam.

**BOOM**

HAD a dam.

Oh...Hmm...The first game I ever played would have to be... I'm pretty sure it was a game called Blitzkreig. It was, as you could have guessed, a strategy game based on WW2. It intruduced me to the strategy genre, and video games as a whole. Hmm. I think I still have it around here, anyway. *Spends his next several hours of free time looking for an oddly specific game either in my room, or around my cluttered, messy, desk. Doesn't find it.*

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3

Halo...*hides*

If anyone has a problem with that they go through me. Sure I think the series is a tad overrated, but you can't honestly believe it isn't, at least partly, deserved.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

It's surprising how many people are like "LOL HALO? OMG UR SUCH A NOOB. I PLAYED ALL THOSE GAMES FROM THE EARLY 90s WHEN YOU WERE STILL AN INFANT."

(No, Alyxx, I'm not talking entirely about you.)

And yeah, it's not my favorite franchise by any stretch, but the original Halo was pretty epic.

I played a couple of hours of the SP for Halo 1, got up to the large interior cavern thing before shutting it down. Just way too boring.

Also, them car controls.

I hate the interior sections in Halo 2. Mainly because EVERYTHING looks exactly the same, I get lost so many times on a completely linear path, which I find quite impressive.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some family games, one of those that i do remember was Battletoads, that was HARD.

Also, some bike game un Snes, Super Metroid was once of the first games that got me addicted to it.

On PC, Supaplex was the first game i played ever, then Theme Hospital got me going. And a demo of The Dig.