Count to 1,000,000

May 21 – The Last Question is asked for the first time.

Around June in "The Rip Van Winkle Caper" episode of The Twilight Zone, three of the four gold burglars awake from a century of being in a state of suspended animation.

September 12 – The events of the Commodore 64 computer game Project Firestart begin.

The novel 2061: Odyssey Three, by Arthur C. Clarke, takes place.

Real Drive, a television show, takes place.

Red Mars details the first Mars revolution and the Third World War on Earth, in the plot of Kim Stanley Robinson's novel.

Heart of the Comet details an expedition to capture Halley's Comet

Galilei Donna, an anime television series, is set in this year.

In the Star Trek: Enterprise episode "Carpenter Street", this year is mentioned in relation to the depletion of earth's fossil fuels.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

2062 - Things get messy in Wikipedia.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

2064 - Only one more to get to 2065!

2067 - Assuming no further extensions to the term of copyrights become law in the interim, all sound recordings fixed before February 15, 1972 will enter the public domain in the U.S.

July 15 – 11:56 UTC—Mercury will occult Neptune. This rare event will be very difficult to observe from Earth.

A METI message Cosmic Call 1 sent from the 70-meter Eupatoria Planetary Radar arrives at its destination, HD 178428 star.

The previously mentioned "horrible screechy trolls" arrive.

According to futurist David Passig, there will be an undersea city by 2068.

Retired Forum Moderator

2069 - The Half-Life 2 mod "Dystopia" takes place in 2069.

In "Mass Effect" the Luna colony was established in 2069.

I searched for in Google images, you will get some lingerie, some houses, some other stuff, and a meme from the future who's reference you won't get yet.

2070 crashes in UDK today. Why is this program? Like, not why is it doing thing's like this, but, just... Why IS this program?

Retired Forum Moderator

2072 - The film Equilibrium takes place in 2072.

The film Ultraviolet takes place in 2072.

The arcade game Tournament Cyberball 2072 is set in the year 2072

The events of the computer game System Shock begin on November 6, 2072.

The events of the video game Deus Ex: Invisible War take place in 2072.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

2075 - The ozone layer is expected to have fully recovered.

Mary Shelley's apocalyptic novel The Last Man takes place in 2075.

The back-story to Antihero for Hire lists 2075 as the year Canada invaded the United States with an army of genetically modified dinosaurs.

In Robert A. Heinlein's novel The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress, the Lunar Declaration of Independence is sent to Earth on July 4, 2076; much of the book takes place in 2076. (but it starts in 2075)

The game Red Faction is set in the year 2075 on Mars.

2077 - Cyberpunk 2077 is an upcoming action role-playing video game that was announced in 2012, based on the Cyberpunk series of tabletop role-playing games. The game is being developed by CD Projekt RED. Cyberpunk 2077 will feature a dystopian futuristic world in which ultra-modern technology co-exists with a degenerated human society.

The game aims to be mature and ambitious, with character customization being strongly tied to the plot. It will have a non-linear story with different character classes. It will have both first-person and third-person perspectives.

Lead writer Sebastian Stepien said the game will have non-player characters speaking in non-English languages. Player characters who don't speak the language will have to buy a translator implant to understand them. Stepien also said they would try to get native speakers to do the voices. Stepien has stated that "You can't reliably recreate [the] street slang of Los Angeles or some other American city; you can't simply dub it and reproduce those emotions, rhythm of speech, mannerisms... Otherwise we'd simply hear that Polish actors are trying to imitate Americans. That won't work."

╭━━━╮╭━━━╮╭━━━╮╭━━━╮

┃╭━╮┃┃╭━╮┃┃╭━╮┃┃╭━╮┃

╰╯╭╯┃┃┃┃┃┃┃╰━╯┃┃┃┃┃┃

╭━╯╭╯┃┃┃┃┃┃╭━╮┃┃┃┃┃┃

┃┃╰━╮┃╰━╯┃┃╰━╯┃┃╰━╯┃

╰━━━╯╰━━━╯╰━━━╯╰━━━╯

I'm in a good mood... on the internet... better enjoy it while it lasts.