Bioshock

Sign in to follow this  

I wasn't a big fan of the combat either but taking on the Big Daddies, especially at the start wheb they're much stronger than you, was pretty awesome.

I found them disappointing after all the hype Gearbox gave them. They talked about their advanced AI for the Big Daddies but it was obviously on a pre-determined path, I found more randomness with the monsters from Amnesia TBH :/

lol. Maybe that was meant to be the major twist in bioshock, the whole time you're just floating arms.

By the way, the start to your videos looks really polished, well done

I'm guessing it was, but it got cut in production because they wanted to go with a safer road, no originality nowadays. Maybe it will be the big twist in Infinite.

And thanks for the compliment.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Apparently there was no Bioshock thread in this section(shame on you), so I just went ahead and made one.

I swear there was one with myself and Micheal Archer going on about Objectivism a long time ago, possibly not in this section, or deceptively titled though. Was I the only one that actually liked the 2nd game? I liked all the streamlining of the tonic system and the plasmid/weapon combat system. I liked the story, the mystery and light horror being replaced with a focus on a strong individual battling against an overtly Collectivist-Altruist villian on a personal quest with greater insight on a few old characters in a new light. The multiplayer however, I like to pretend it didn't exist and generally blame it for tanking the review scores.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

^Yes. It wasn't really about the game itself as much as the politics in the game.

Apparently there was no Bioshock thread in this section(shame on you), so I just went ahead and made one.

I swear there was one with myself and Micheal Archer going on about Objectivism a long time ago, possibly not in this section, or deceptively titled though. Was I the only one that actually liked the 2nd game? I liked all the streamlining of the tonic system and the plasmid/weapon combat system. I liked the story, the mystery and light horror being replaced with a focus on a strong individual battling against an overtly Collectivist-Altruist villian on a personal quest with greater insight on a few old characters in a new light. The multiplayer however, I like to pretend it didn't exist and generally blame it for tanking the review scores.

I liked the second game, there are a few gameplay changes I like(the hacking, using plasmids and weapons at once) and I did like the story(I managed to dig up an old post from me on the 2K forums about Bioshock and I think its still relevant: "BS1 got me thinking, while bioshock 2 got me feeling. Anyways in my heart bioshock 1&2 are and will always be the best game ever."). I didn't actually like being this strong character, part of the charm in Bioshock was that you are but a simple man that due to bad luck stumbles across the city, In Bioshock 2 however you are a Big Daddy and apparently not any Big Daddy but the strongest/most agile one. I just think it makes it so much less scary.

And I don't know why people hate on the Multiplayer so much. I love it. It has its issues(badly optimized for PC gaming, VERY laggy), but I still enjoy it a lot. In fact, right now, I enjoy it more than any other MP game. But I do have to say, I could have done without the Multiplayer if it meant for some more content in the single player(a little bit longer, more new weapons/plasmids and more new enemies).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hf7hht-WMh4

Wow, I didn't even realize what goes into Voice Acting nowadays. I'm impressed.

But on a side note, I can't help but notice that in game, Elizabeth seems to lack any emotion in the facial animations.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's disappointing to think that Source was doing that in 2007 yet most other games still have shitty facial animations.

-Edit- typo, I meant 04 :/

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Source was doing that back in 03....

EDIT: OK, so 04, my bad. Always thought of Half Life 2 as an 03 game but apparently it was late 04....

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

(I don't consider this double posting, more like a bump since if I just edit my last post no one is gonna see)

I just found this great way to make perfect Bioshock renders.

All I have to do is take a screenshot, use the ShowColors command and take another screenshot. Than I just put both in Photoshop, select what I want cut out in the Color layer(since everything is a solid color all I have to do is use the magic wand) and cut it out on the normal screenshot layer.

23229367.jpg

+

17394624.jpg

=

88793523.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's a pretty neat way of getting objects out of a Bioshock screenshot!

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Thought that was a real mounted polar bear from the game Bioshock?

Nope! Chuck Testa.

9d4294305714f04281a53291dd2c65b2.png

This is awesome, I already had a lot of respect for pixel artists, but this is just so cool. It really captures the way the game looks, albeit a little brighter than the actual game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I saw that on Kotaku a day or so ago along with some other pixel-art for other games. It is pretty neat, although part of me thinks it aught to be a little darker on colour to reflect the dim indoor lighting...

On a Bioshock-related note, I recently finished Bioshock 2.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I really want to play the Bioshock series. Sure, I hear a lot of complaints like, "Bioshock 2 sucks compared to the first", "The whole series sucks and rips off a bunch of stuff even I don't really even know about" etc. etc. But, I played a demo once a loong time ago and thought it was pretty fun for what it was. And Infinites getting me excited from what I've read about it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."