Bioshock

Sign in to follow this  

"Bioshock 2 sucks compared to the first" that is arguable

"The whole series sucks and rips off a bunch of stuff even I don't really even know about" nope.avi

On a Bioshock-related note, I recently finished Bioshock 2.

What ending?

On the ending related note. In my opinion Bioshock 2's ending(s) was/were a lot better than Bioshock's.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Warning, Bioshock 2 spoilers:

I didn't harvest any little sisters, BUT I did kill Stanley Pool and the giant slug thing in the tank which used to be Dr Alexander.

After a little research, I believe I got the 'best' ending. Her Mother doesn't drown, she gets saved. And it's nice and sunny on the surface and the Big Daddy you play as has his 'essence' extracted and put in to her to live with her forever. :)

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I also got that ending.....every time. Just can never bring myself to harvest any of the sisters. And I usually don't kill any of NPC's either. Except maybe Gil Alexander, but killing him is IMO really doing him a favor.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also got that ending.....every time. Just can never bring myself to harvest any of the sisters. And I usually don't kill any of NPC's either. Except maybe Gil Alexander, but killing him is IMO really doing him a favor.

I just totally didn't trust Stanley and decided he had to go because I was sure he would return later in the game and inconvenience me if I left him alive. :P

"The whole series sucks and rips off a bunch of stuff even I don't really even know about" etc. etc

Correction: Bioshock is "bad" because it's a spiritual successor to SS2, yet it removed almost every good thing from it. And copied the rest while giving them a new name.

Also Bioshock 2 = Worst sequel evar.

-Edit- Hmm, just found out about 1999 mode. Interesting... Infinite just may have gone back in my "to buy" list.

Hopefully Uwe Boll's still the director, his artistry is only bettered by his peer Michael Bay when it comes to the world of cinematography.

We can only hope that it will be a good game!

Well. I have to good time to judge because it comes out on a Friday and the week after I got Fall break.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My personal favorite ending is

essentially the same as the "best" ending, except she does drown Sophia. But that requires killing Gracie, which I only did on my first playthrough. Kinda sucks that I cant get that ending again without killing her. As for why I hate the ending where Lamb lives? I'm reminded of "Mercy to the guilty is treason to the innocent," but that ending was one of the most satisfying and most morally agreeable to me I've seen, especially with the villain being justly punished for her crimes.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Well can you really blame her?

I mean what she did to you is basically what she had to do to get here child back. You are bound to Eleanor so you wouldn't have let go of her, no matter the cost.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It wasn't just what she did to you, what she did and what she believed was evil, so yes, I do blame her.

also

she wasn't even really a daughter to her, she didn't love her and she couldn't by her own moral code, she created a new social god for herself, disregarding that it happened to be a person, a person who wanted to live as a human being.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

But it was for the greater good, in her eyes and in eyes of the Rapture family Eleanor was to save rapture and turn it into a true utopia. Would letting one person live a "normal"(by Raptures standards) be more important than creating a utopia for nearly the whole remaining population of Rapture?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That "utopia" sounds like a fair comparison to Hell to me, also a bit like a Borg cube....

The "greater good" is a road full of nothing but pain, suffering, and death.

Yeah but you have to see it from her perspective. To her this utopia is heaven, for her and for everyone around her.

I feel this will kind of eventually turn into a philosophic discussion on what you can and what you cannot blame someone for.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a robot. Robots make everything better.

Seeing it in action makes it even more uncanny(especially the winding of the gatlin gun).

SkqcLIYWj5w

¯\_(ツ)_/¯