PC Gamer Interview

Sign in to follow this  

Fantastic, Ross! Or should I say "Community Hero". There couldn't have been a better place to make your

appearance. Way to go!

YOU ARE A FUCKING PC HERO ROSS! Just keep working on FM and CP and crankin em out and you will no doubt be remembered as one of the few who proved how delightful and full of life older PC games can still be. Like someone said a few posts back "You provided alot of comic relief in: 2008/09, (and present day), years that have been hard on alot of people.

I saw in the interview you mentioned wanting a secretary. I could help with something if you want, maybe helping you sort through emails? I have a tendency to memorize information quickly so I could probably help with answering questions and such.

Let me know if you'd like my help and I'll leave my email!

I think you shouldnt continue freemans mind onto half-life 2 until you have released other projects that your keen to make and think that the fans will like. If freemans mind interfares with work that you want to do then theres no reason why you shouldnt drop it (apart from the fans going rage).

But even if you drop it, that dosn't mean you wont come back to it right?

Aww look at you all famous being asked for interviews *pulls cheek*... Well that was weird *ahem*.. Off to read.

note to self check out PC gamer website for interview with ross scott... Check

side note... if i'm not lazy... look for some sort of email to ask for older issues... check and done

A British Westcountry accent? As someone from the British Westcountry [Plymouth to be precise], Im not sure whether to be proud or insulted!

I presume by your current progress, Yours and Otto's hardware faults have been resolved and you're back on schedule?

Hey Ross, please do a quickie on 29 but please make sure it's atelast 5 mins cause a lot of people are nagging and will probably get angrier.

That interview gave me a few insights with things I wanted to know (mainly how Freeman's Mind was made.) DAMMIT! I wish I could help... but the only thing I've done with SDK is make maps (with minor scripting things by comparison to the crazy things you do.) I'd gladly take my time to help if I could. As of late, though, my said skillz will not pay the billz.

In any case, if you for what ever reason need a good looking, large jail level, give me a yell... somehow. Man, this comment is anonymous

Anonymous SDK guy: If you can do basic scripting in Hammer, that could actually be a lot of help for some things. Go ahead and email me sometime.

I think PC Hero sums it up pretty nicely. Right up there along with Gabe Newell and that guy that invented the Internet.

I think that PC Gamer made a mistake!!!

They put Hero when they should have Put GOD!!!

PC gaming FTW!

Agreed. Ross we love you with all our heart. To us you are the new Freeman. No longer the muted hero. YOU are the god of awesomeness.

if u know how to torrent u might be able to find some

I agree with you Ross, I think them calling you a hero for the PC community was stretching it alright... Love your work and your CP/Freemans Mind episodes are awesome but I suppose there is so little to grab any attention these days within the PC community that they decided to bestow upon you that title, seems strange all the same

Keep up the good work!

In the link, was that guy in the photo next to gordon freeman, was that a photo of Ross?

that'd be cool if it was him, I picture Gordon Freeman's face whenever I'm watching Freeman's Mind and if that's what Ross looks like then that'd just be very interesting coincidence lol

Anonymous at 17:40:58: Yeah that was actually a thought I had as well, that maybe the PC gaming situation is dire enough that they're calling on me. I mean it's not going to die off, but it may return back to semi-niche status.

Anonymous at 18:34:38: That is a photo of me, though it's about 2 years old. Nowadays I look more like Guy Fawkes. Or a pirate.

Wait, were you being literal when you said animation help? Which kind are you referring to? Choreography or XSI Character animating?

Irish pirate voice? Irish? What the devil have they been smoking? You pulled off the stereotypical westcountry accent pretty darn well, I'd say (I have some authority on this, being a janner an' all).

You're a credit to the world of machinima sir.