Arby n' The Chief

Sign in to follow this  

Am I the only one who is constantly astounded by the quality of the writing for this machinima?

Not only are they able to stay consistent to the dot with their previous episodes and their romanticized world of online gaming, Jon CJG is able to create a fantastic dynamic between the two that he has had evolve and change over the course of the seasons (something much higher paid individuals seem incapable of in other forms of media) with such a low budget minimalistic style. Just goes to show what great writing can do.

I wouldn't call myself "astounded" by Arby n' the Chief. I saw one of his many season finales a while back and it felt pretty overly dramatic, though I'll admit it was about 500 times better than most machinima. I'm just amazed he's managed 8 seasons and still going. I would still put Freeman's Mind and Civil Protection over Arby n' the Chief, but that's just my opinion.

I wouldn't call myself "astounded" by Arby n' the Chief. I saw one of his many season finales a while back and it felt pretty overly dramatic, though I'll admit it was about 500 times better than most machinima. I'm just amazed he's managed 8 seasons and still going. I would still put Freeman's Mind and Civil Protection over Arby n' the Chief, but that's just my opinion.

Well, not all of the seasons have been written by him. In fact, I skipper from season 3 all the way to season 6 on recommendation, so I won't say it's all amazing, but I've thoroughly enjoyed those that I have watched.

I loved Arby 'n' The Chief. It's been years since I've watched it, but I remember loving that series to death. Arbiter was my favourite.

It's a fine series, but I prefer his other ones, Hard Justice and One Life Remaining. But really, with Arby 'n' the Chief, I could only stand so many uses of the words "fuck" and "cock" before getting annoyed.

I was really into his works before that, but I did enjoy the older episodes. I haven't seen the rest in a long time.

I found the older stuff funnier, but Jon has really tried to grow as a writer and I can appreciate that, he does good work still and I'm eagerly awaiting the conclusion of the current season. I'm still waiting for Arby to smack Ch33f around with a frying pan and tell him "I'm The Arbiter, motherfucker," again in homage to the 1st episode. Been so many opportunities but no dice yet lol

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

I have to admit that I'm really liking the current season of Arby n' the Chief. Not really machinima, but whatever.

The current season is great. In hindsight, the past few seasons have been terrible. Just awful. Remember Todd and Travis? What a disaster.

Weren't they several seasons ago? They had that tease of Cortana coming back for a moment, and then just threw it away as Chief dicking around.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."