Mw3 Or Bf3 Which Side are you on?

Which do you favor  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you favor

• Mw3
    • Bf3

Who cares what the better game is anyway? Just have fun.

People who are on a tight budget ^^ or people like me who just like debating over games :P

Also "better" is subjective, so it all depends on who you ask. There will never be a clear winner.

I might buy MW2. That's all you need if you want to play CoD 4-7. And me being pretty good at CS:S, which actually does take skill to play, I'd most likely kick ass at it.

It is quite easy to get good scores on MW2, but remember this: MW2 multiplayer is the most rage-inducing game you will ever play. Completely regardless if you are good or not, BS cannot be avoided.

Also I disagree MW2 is like Cod4-Cod7. Cod4 is a lot simpler and honestly a lot more fun. It isn't the balanced game some people make it out to be, but a hell of a lot better than MW2.

Also again, I suggest that you try out aIW(AlterIWnet) if you're just going to buy it for the multiplayer. It is free so I guess it does technically count as warez but that is not what I'm trying to promote here, I still think developers deserve their money(I bought the game on Steam and later started playing alterIWnet). The reason why you would play it over the Steam version is because it makes it more than a crappy Console Port. It adds dedicated servers(complete with in game server list), enables the developer console, allows mods and there is also a little beta out for aIW2 in which you can play some spec ops maps in the multiplayer(burger town, gulag ect.).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alright, let's settle this once and for all. All fanboys and fangirls, unite to vote for which game YOU think is the best, whether you like the variety and polish of MW3 or the unique tactical matches in BF3!

Personally, I haven't even played BF3 since I'm really not that much into tactical games as I prefer just running and gunning down opponents, which is why I went with MW3 since it offers more modes like that.

Please refrain from flaming in this thread. Keep in mind that both of these games have their pros and cons and in the end it boils down to what you prefer.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I'm not sure what game you're playing but BF3 is far more polished than MW3. And if you include the Back To Karkand DLC then it has way more variety as well. :/

Its a bummer the campaign is so meh by peoples reactions on mw3, I actually really enjoyed MW2's campaign. I only have Mw3, if I get Bf3 as a gift sure but I don't plan on buying it. 1 shooter is all i really need for a couple of months.

My next game after MW3 is gonna be Batman Arkham City anyways. :)

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

I'm not sure what game you're playing but BF3 is far more polished than MW3. And if you include the Back To Karkand DLC then it has way more variety as well. :/

Bummer, created a duplicate thread...

As I said, I haven't played BF3 so I can't honestly speak for it. I do enjoy MW3 a heck of a lot though and I play it most of the day. From what I understand though, BF3 is more tactical. And I never meant to say that BF3 wasn't as or even more polished than MW3, because I'm sure both games have solid engines.

I think we can all agree the winning option is Counterstrike: Global Whatever

Id say 1.6, global offensive uses skins from fpsbanana.... (ive had the glock model to GO on source for the past 2 years)

"Life sucks sober!"

Bummer, created a duplicate thread...

As I said, I haven't played BF3 so I can't honestly speak for it. I do enjoy MW3 a heck of a lot though and I play it most of the day. From what I understand though, BF3 is more tactical. And I never meant to say that BF3 wasn't as or even more polished than MW3, because I'm sure both games have solid engines.

BF3 isn't more tactical, it's more squad based. You can use your squad members as mobile spawn points (which is really useful on the huge maps) and you get extra points if you do things for your squad (revive them, heal them, get spawned on by them a lot etc). There's one or two maps that support the "run and gun" COD tactics but they're generally hated by BF fans (Metro for example, horrible IMO).

If you have the PC to run it on High or Ultra then you're in for some of the prettiest graphics I've ever seen. The one problem I have with it is the unlocks, for example, you have to engage it jet dog fights until you're able to unlock flares. If you don't have flares then some Engineer is going to be able to get a lock-on and destroy you easily. I don't mind having unlocks for guns/weapons that are just alternatives to your normal weapons (e.g. the mortar for Support or the MAV for Recon) but essential stuff that has to be unlocked just annoys me.

As with COD the single player is beyond average unless you enjoy corridor shooting that's been so scripted you may as well not be playing, and a couple of the 6 or so maps in the normal BF3 are fairly average. Of course Back To Karkand is absolutely amazing and in it are the best MP maps I've ever played on but although it was free to pre-orders, it is DLC so I can't really call that a plus.

To compare them, BF3 is a team game. COD is a lone wolf game. It's just a matter of preference.

Wait are you kidding me? Weren't the Battlefield 3 servers down in the first few days?

Wait are you kidding me? Weren't the Battlefield 3 servers down in the first few days?

Even if they were, that shouldn't affect the game itself.

Even if they were, that shouldn't affect the game itself.

Even though you couldn't play multiplayer online. Not a big deal.

Bf3 is awesome, to bad EA had to fuck it all up by including "battlelog" and "origin". Why the FUCK cant we just search servers in game? If battlelog would have worked, it would have been fine, but it doesnt. Thank you for ruining this game EA!

"Life sucks sober!"

Bf3 is awesome, to bad EA had to fuck it all up by including "battlelog" and "origin". Why the FUCK cant we just search servers in game? If battlelog would have worked, it would have been fine, but it doesnt. Thank you for ruining this game EA!

I prefer a game I can use with Steam tbh.

I'm still going with BF3. Gameplay wise, I like how it feels more than MW3. Not to mention I love the voice acting in it. :P

Retired Forum Moderator